Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2020, 19:19   #3301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanski View Post
Nope, it's the one further down south connecting Kelambakkam to Kovalam. Here's the toll booth on Google Maps

Oh yeah i get it now. Yes that toll plaza had 2 lanes per direction in the past, i think now they are upgrading. Hope the fastag integration is done on time for seamless movement.
Old 16th August 2020, 15:23   #3302
BHPian

re: Traffic and life on the roads in Chennai

Hello All, I reside in the OMR near Sholinganallur. I am in a rented apartment and the first year they gave LRP using Rental agreement and Gas agency bill. Now I went for renewal and they are asking Ration card or Voter Id or Passport with OMR address. I have none of them and now they are not ready to renew the pass. Do I have any other alternative.

I have bought a apartment which is 80% complete and waiting for possession and am sure I wont get until end of year due to Covid and lockdown situation. I would be happy to move my passport to that address once I get possession but don’t want to change it to a temporary Rental address now.
Old 17th August 2020, 10:42   #3303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananthang View Post
Now I went for renewal and they are asking Ration card or Voter Id or Passport with OMR address. I have none of them and now they are not ready to renew the pass.
Prima facie, sounds like bullying to me. But then I went through my images and found this pic I took at Uthandi Toll gate (the rules are similar for OMR, I believe).

[ATTACH=IMG_9884.jpg]Documents Required for renewal of LRP[/ATTACH]

The TNRDC toll system here is extremely broken — Either they haven't thought of these edge cases, or they deliberately want people to pay for maximum profit.
Attached Thumbnails
Traffic and life on the roads in Chennai-img_9884.jpg  

Old 17th August 2020, 11:29   #3304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello All, I reside in the OMR near Sholinganallur. I am in a rented apartment and the first year they gave LRP using Rental agreement and Gas agency bill. Now I went for renewal and they are asking Ration card or Voter Id or Passport with OMR address. I have none of them and now they are not ready to renew the pass. Do I have any other alternative.

I have bought a apartment which is 80% complete and waiting for possession and am sure I wont get until end of year due to Covid and lockdown situation. I would be happy to move my passport to that address once I get possession but don’t want to change it to a temporary Rental address now.
Yes, this is the rule they follow, they allow only 1 year using the other documents, thats the way it is
Old 17th August 2020, 14:45   #3305
Distinguished - BHPian

All but one are documents many people don't have. The exception is the car RC. Most drivers should have, or should have access to to, the car registration certificate.
Old 17th August 2020, 16:44   #3306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
All but one are documents many people don't have. The exception is the car RC. Most drivers should have, or should have access to to, the car registration certificate.
They want an RC that matches your address on the OMR.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2020, 22:55   #3307
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
They want an RC that matches your address on the OMR.

Oh, I see. That might be inconvenient to many.
Old 19th August 2020, 10:36   #3308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanski View Post
Prima facie, sounds like bullying to me. But then I went through my images and found this pic I took at Uthandi Toll gate (the rules are similar for OMR, I believe).

[ATTACH=IMG_9884.jpg]Documents Required for renewal of LRP[/ATTACH]

The TNRDC toll system here is extremely broken — Either they haven't thought of these edge cases, or they deliberately want people to pay for maximum profit.
Thanks you All, Looks a rip off to me. I can give them Gas connection or Paying of EB receipt but asking me to transfer key documents to Rental address is insane. Today morning I was going to the small Aavin outlet in KK Salai. The toll walk wanted me to pay toll or return in 20 mins even If I did not even venture into OMR.

Last edited by Ananthang : 19th August 2020 at 10:40.
Ananthang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2020, 16:57   #3309
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks you All, Looks a rip off to me. I can give them Gas connection or Paying of EB receipt but asking me to transfer key documents to Rental address is insane. Today morning I was going to the small Aavin outlet in KK Salai. The toll walk wanted me to pay toll or return in 20 mins even If I did not even venture into OMR.
I dont knpw from where/which direction you were trying to reach Aavin Mini Parlor, but you could have taken internal roads such as "Village High Road" which almost runs parallel to OMR (Perpendicular to K.K.Salai) and you could have avoided the toll on K.K.Salai. Yes, it would be a diversion but im sure the fuel spent will not be more than the "return" toll fare.
kiran_cr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2020, 19:10   #3310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_cr View Post
I dont knpw from where/which direction you were trying to reach Aavin Mini Parlor, but you could have taken internal roads such as "Village High Road" which almost runs parallel to OMR (Perpendicular to K.K.Salai) and you could have avoided the toll on K.K.Salai. Yes, it would be a diversion but im sure the fuel spent will not be more than the "return" toll fare.
Thanks Kiran. I actually stay in the Village High Road. I was running multiple errands and ended up on the toll. Usually I use Nedunchezian St to bypass.
Old 23rd August 2020, 23:23   #3311
BHPian

Hi All - I stay in OMR and I have LRP (Local Resident Pass) and I hear that Fastag system has been introduced in OMR tolls since the beginning of this month. I have a Fastag in my car.

So, how does this work for people who have LRP? Obviously for LRP users money should not be deducted from Fastag account.
Old 24th August 2020, 10:35   #3312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
Hi All - I stay in OMR and I have LRP (Local Resident Pass) and I hear that Fastag system has been introduced in OMR tolls since the beginning of this month. I have a Fastag in my car.

So, how does this work for people who have LRP? Obviously for LRP users money should not be deducted from Fastag account.
There is talk of some integration going on, but for now I am taking the "Cash Only" toll gates as I dont want money to be deducted from my Fastag
Old 12th September 2020, 19:00   #3313
BHPian

Hi All,

Has Fastag been implemented on ECR and OMR? Can someone please confirm?
Old 12th September 2020, 19:01   #3314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Hi All,

OMR has it for sure and I believe so does ECR
Old 12th September 2020, 20:30   #3315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Hi All,

Yes, all the tolls on both OMR and ECR have 1 or 2 lanes enabled with Fastag.

Most Viewed