Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2010, 17:16   #331
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithin_86 View Post
Can't help but to swear when someone at the petrol bunk cuts right in front of you because he had a smaller vehicle to squeeze through
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
You can avoid being there at that time - fill up early in the morning. It's good for the vehicle and for the pocket - lower temperature = higher density for petrol = better quantity = better mileage. Early morning = less traffic = less fuel wasted while travelling + tranquility inside.
I agree with you. I take my car to Shell once a month at 7.00 AM on a Sunday, fill petrol up to the brim even if there is already half a tank of fuel left. Similarly you can see me at 7.00 AM every Sunday there to check air pressure! Two and four wheelers form seperate lines at the air pump and they check strictly on first come first served basis.
Old 13th November 2010, 20:16   #332
BHPian

@ silversteed and Gansan - I guess that is the best way. I always fail to fill up before my tank is near empty. I guess I will make it a point to fill up mine every Sunday morning like you said. Fewer people, higher density petrol and always ready for an emergency.
Old 14th November 2010, 01:09   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
You can avoid being there at that time - fill up early in the morning. It's good for the vehicle and for the pocket - lower temperature = higher density for petrol = better quantity = better mileage. Early morning = less traffic = less fuel wasted while travelling + tranquility inside.
When you travel 50km in a day, and it takes you 1.5 hours to reach office, and 1.5 hours to get back in the crazy evening traffic, invariably the first thing on your mind is to get back home first, and worry about filling fuel later. On somedays you might have the energy to head back out at night to fill fuel, on other days you'll just figure that the best thing to do is to refill on the way to office in the morning. Having these pricks piss you off early in the morning doesnt help. If everyone starts to retime their fuel filling schedules based on these morons on our roads, then there will be a huge queue at 10pm in the night and 7am in the morning at all petrol bunks
Old 14th November 2010, 21:24   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingjames View Post
There is also a level3 rider. That is vehicles having numbers from TN 23 XXXX who are definitely out of towners and these idiots ride like they ride in their villages. Even seemingly educated ones ride at their own pace irrespective of traffic urgency. Most often these bikes are fitted with oversized side boxes which they conveniently forget till it knocks out someone’s car side door mirrors or even worse the tail lamps! One saving grace is most of these idiots wise up after an accident and ride properly then on…but you don’t want to take the chance and find out if you are the first accident for them do you?

)

Two of my Vehicles are TN 23 XXXX.
Old 14th November 2010, 22:05   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
If everyone starts to retime their fuel filling schedules based on these morons on our roads, then there will be a huge queue at 10pm in the night and 7am in the morning at all petrol bunks
I've been filling fuel for my Rx/Activa everytime Sunday night anywhere between 7PM to 9PM for nearly 2 years now. Everytime I go there, I would be the only person probably or may be another 2 vehicles in addition.

The city is full of people who want to fill for Rs 50 & 100s (Rs 500 & 100 for cars), the only people who do a full tank are probably driving long (yet to see one two-wheeler for full tank).

Trust me @pras, most people are lazy goose, they only want to fill only when the vehicle cannot run anymore, until then they keep riding.
Old 15th November 2010, 06:59   #336
BHPian

Hi
Your style of writing is neat and funny. Enjoyed reading your post. I dont let the pressure of reaching the work place or home get to me. I start early either way. Though i have had close brushes and nasty words exchanged on the road i generally dont retaliate to the numbskulls riding on the roads. Cheers.
Old 15th November 2010, 08:17   #337
Team-BHP Support

Guys how is the situation of the flyover on Porur road? Is it done? Or it has become more chaotic?
Old 15th November 2010, 08:42   #338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Guys how is the situation of the flyover on Porur road? Is it done? Or it has become more chaotic?
Flyover completion date is somewhere in August 2011, so add about an year or more for the actual completion date.

BTW, I don't know if its chaotic, as I ride everyday during non peak hours. It takes a good 3-5 minutes to cross this junction for sure.
Old 15th November 2010, 09:14   #339
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Flyover completion date is somewhere in August 2011, so add about an year or more for the actual completion date.

BTW, I don't know if its chaotic, as I ride everyday during non peak hours. It takes a good 3-5 minutes to cross this junction for sure.
Then its fine. As long as it does not squeeze an hour after 5 hours of highway driving, I guess that should be fine!
Old 15th November 2010, 09:23   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Then its fine. As long as it does not squeeze an hour after 5 hours of highway driving, I guess that should be fine!
What time do you intent to cross sir? Anywhere between 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM & 9 PM to next day 7:30 AM is fine.

Sometimes the U turn towards Chennai-byepass gets clogged & becomes irritable. Anyway, the jam WILL cleared as most cops know about this junction & there're quite few at the U turn as well as big gang at Porur signal as its not an automatic one.
Old 15th November 2010, 09:41   #341
Senior - BHPian

Nope it's very worst after Jal.
The sides of the roads are full of mud and have a lot of potholes.
Only 4 wheelers can use that area and that too makes the road more defective.
It's definitely a Nigtmare for 2 Wheelers to cross the road/junction SRMC towards Guindy.
Old 15th November 2010, 09:44   #342
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What time do you intent to cross sir? Anywhere between 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM & 9 PM to next day 7:30 AM is fine.

Sometimes the U turn towards Chennai-byepass gets clogged & becomes irritable. Anyway, the jam WILL cleared as most cops know about this junction & there're quite few at the U turn as well as big gang at Porur signal as its not an automatic one.
I will be there on a weekend and also can time it accordingly. So you are saying anytime after 11 is good. Then instead of my usual 4AM I will start by 5 or 6 AM.
Old 15th November 2010, 09:46   #343
Senior - BHPian

@Karthik - which road are you referring to? @Ampere will be taking NH4-Chennai-Byepass & get onto Porur signal which will be after SRMC (Sri Ramachandra Medical College, if I'm not wrong). I'm taking this route everyday & haven't found any major issues other than what I described above.

Quote:
I will be there on a weekend and also can time it accordingly. So you are saying anytime after 11 is good. Then instead of my usual 4AM I will start by 5 or 6 AM.
Its better I would say; may be someone who's travelling in that road during peak hours can give insights on the traffic condition during 9-11 AM as I cross this junction everyday around morning 7ish & evening 4ish. Once or twice I've done by evening 5:30 ish it wasn't bad either. The cops over there clear up the jams, so nothing to worry.

There's one more stretch you need to watch out, that will be after Porur signal towards ACP office due to the junction at ACP office. Anyway, during non peak hours, it WILL not take more than 10 minutes to cross.

Last edited by aargee : 15th November 2010 at 09:51.
Old 15th November 2010, 09:53   #344
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@Karthik - which road are you referring to? @Ampere will be taking NH4-Chennai-Byepass & get onto Porur signal which will be after SRMC (Sri Ramachandra Medical College, if I'm not wrong). I'm taking this route everyday & haven't found any major issues other than what I described above.
Yes sir! Thats the route I take all the time (when I drive to Chennai) and drive all the way to Kathipara.
Old 15th November 2010, 10:01   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The city is full of people who want to fill for Rs 50 & 100s (Rs 500 & 100 for cars), the only people who do a full tank are probably driving long (yet to see one two-wheeler for full tank).
I have always done a full tank for my bikes, right from the day I bought my first one in Dec'86! Dittto for my cars as well. Difference is I fill the bike as soon as it hits reserve, normally once every four weeks. For the car it is always the second Sunday of the month, will fill her up even though the tank will be about half full. I will never finish off a tankful in a month, unless there is a highway drive.

Ah, the reason for second Sunday? That's because my credit card cut off date is the 9th of every month!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks