Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2010, 20:06   #436
Distinguished - BHPian

...no drainage and road surfaces that last only a few weeks!

Someone should write a book about The Hole In R K Mutt Road. I was there yesterday evening, and it looks as if it is about to reappear
Old 29th November 2010, 20:21   #437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
PS - Since most of us are working in OMR, we should probably stay in touch & help one another when such mishaps occur. What say?

Good option, but we should meet before, no?

Pramod
Old 29th November 2010, 20:40   #438
Senior - BHPian

How about an OMR meet on some workday ? Could get together for lunch or something - 1 hour or so. Or late evenings, if that suits everyone.

@Pramod, did not know that you moved to Chennai. I guess CrazyDriver is also another Tvm tbhp-ian who moved to Chennai. JayD - not sure if he is still here or left back to Cochin.

@DWind, you work at ASV Suntech, by any chance ?

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 29th November 2010 at 20:42.
Old 29th November 2010, 20:46   #439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
How about an OMR meet on some workday ?
+1000000...

Quote:
Could get together for lunch or something - 1 hour or so. Or late evenings, if that suits everyone.
I work little odd timing, 7:30 to 3:30 & push off home...to avoid peak hour traffic . So my vote would be for a lunch. Atleast it should work fine to Pramod I guess.

@SBaleno - sir, should we continue this on Chennai meets thread?
Old 29th November 2010, 21:34   #440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
The entry to Thiruneermalai road is right under the flyover, at dead centre.
I was wrong about that. Had a good look this evening, and the road is actually a little distance after the rotary, but still under the ramp descending towards Pallavaram.
Old 29th November 2010, 22:23   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
I have been wanting to ask this for some time now. On the roads, on some places, there are markings which look like a stick man and a number is also present on top of the head. This is present right on the road. Can anyone please tell me what do these markings mean? Do they denote that there has been some accident there? Also, what is the significance of the number?
Hi Arvind, yes, the "walking-man" indications on the road indicate that a serious accident has taken place at that spot. If I remember correct, the numbers above the stick-figure indicate the IPC of the accident (like, fatal accident, etc.)...
Old 29th November 2010, 22:34   #442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Pramod, did not know that you moved to Chennai.?

Just moved in a couple of days back
Quote:
Dude its funny, just check the driver side wiper of your car, i placed a note today, didnt know you too work here .

Quote:
+1000000...

I work little odd timing, 7:30 to 3:30 & push off home...to avoid peak hour traffic . So my vote would be for a lunch. Atleast it should work fine to Pramod I guess.
Pramod works from 5:30 PM till 2:30 AM, so my lunch is around 9 Pm anyone game for it

Pramod
Old 29th November 2010, 22:59   #443
BHPian

Quote:
How about an OMR meet on some workday ? Could get together for lunch or something - 1 hour or so. Or late evenings, if that suits everyone.
I am game for it. We can probably do it sometime which is convenient for everybody. I work from 8:30 AM till atleast 8:30 PM so that traffic at Sholinganallur junction thins down!!

Quote:
I work further down the road in Sholinganallur beyond the junction (opp. to Aavin dairy)
Old 30th November 2010, 03:11   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
There used to be an entry to the Chennai Bypass from somewhere near the Thiruneermalai road.

This was closed 2 months back due to the increased number of truck entry/exit from the nearby quarries which were causing pile ups on the CBP.

The entry/exit to this road are from Perungalathur or Porur or Maduravoyal.
Yup, Even google maps shows that there is a way to reach chennai byepass from thiruneermalai road but there isn't any.
Its all closed now.
Nearest entry point is tambaram.
I got fooled by GM and had to take kunrathur-ponamallee-maduravayal-koyambedu-annanagar route. Travelling via GST road is far better.
Attached Thumbnails
Traffic and life on the roads in Chennai-byepass.jpg  

Last edited by rock18 : 30th November 2010 at 03:14.
Old 30th November 2010, 08:06   #445
BHPian

Quote:
PS - Since most of us are working in OMR, we should probably stay in touch & help one another when such mishaps occur. What say?

I could be completely wrong, but I get a feeling that everyone in this country is more or less frustrated with something or other in life; may be it could be due to the poor quality of life, insecurity, injustice & that's probably the reason for such things to happen. Most importantly - no respect for others or other human life!!!
Quote:
@aargee, this is a great idea. We can get in touch with each other.

My work place is at OMR too and I usually roam about during lunch and evening breaks.

I'm going to watch this thread. Please let me know when the meet happens!
Old 30th November 2010, 09:38   #446
Senior - BHPian

Count me in too, BHPians. Well, I'm without my steed here in Chennai, so... will have to hitch a ride with one of you. Hey, will it happen before the end of this year? Wish it would. High chances I'll be moving out of Chennai.

Pramod, would be nice to meet another Pramod
Old 30th November 2010, 09:49   #447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar
Dude its funny, just check the driver side wiper of your car, i placed a note today, didnt know you too work here .
Yes, noticed it just as I was about to drive off. Amazing coincidence that you spotted my car just hours after we were discussing online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar
Pramod works from 5:30 PM till 2:30 AM, so my lunch is around 9 Pm anyone game for it
I leave office after 9PM on most days - so we should be able to catch up. Will PM you my number.

I think we could discuss the meet on the chennai-meet thread or the Madras Quickies thread - would be OT here.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 30th November 2010 at 09:58.
Old 30th November 2010, 10:34   #448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock18 View Post
Yup, Even google maps shows that there is a way to reach chennai byepass from thiruneermalai road but there isn't any.
Its all closed now.
Nearest entry point is tambaram.
I got fooled by GM and had to take kunrathur-ponamallee-maduravayal-koyambedu-annanagar route. Travelling via GST road is far better.
There is certainly a way from Pammal to get onto the Byepass, I have marked it in my reply to Jeev. What you will have to do is take a left which is marked at Thiruneermalai road iin Pammal. You will come under the flyover after a km & a half or so. At this point take a left onto the service road which runs parallel to the byepass, basically you would take the service road and continue towards Tambaram for half a km or so. At this point you would find the entry to the byepass, just climb over and continue onwards towards Maduravayol.

In case you want to use the same option while coming towards Pammal it was earlier possible to take a right and get off the byepass earlier which is not the case now, though what you could do is go further down a couple of kms you would find a U option available (a legal one), once you turn you can reach the same point get off the byepass and continue onwards to Pammal by taking the service road.
Old 30th November 2010, 14:04   #449
BHPian

srikanth: Regards Pammal-Tiruneermalai internal road I saw a board which says 3 km to Tiruneermalai somewhere in the interior parts of Pammal and it should most probably the one you mentioned and the rest is clear. However, my original intent and what Gansan mentions as well, from the GST, taking the "Tiruneermalai road" from just under/close to that GST/209 junction flyover, will your (Srikanth's) service road directions backwards connect this road? I want to avoid crowded Pammal.
Old 30th November 2010, 14:52   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
At this point take a left onto the service road which runs parallel to the byepass, basically you would take the service road and continue towards Tambaram for half a km or so. At this point you would find the entry to the byepass, just climb over and continue onwards towards Maduravayol.
Thanks mate.I took right last time.
I will try taking left this time and see.

Most Viewed