Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2022, 14:17   #3556
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Traffic and life on the roads in Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
I do not know if you're aware of this but you're not supposed to drink the hand sanitiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozeninTime View Post
I frequently use hand sanitizer due to my profession, but two bizarre incidents made me re-evaluate the use of hand sanitizer...
What was the second incident?
Old 12th December 2022, 18:15   #3557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

What was the second incident?
This was second incident and all happened at late night time of 6:40PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
I do not know if you're aware of this but you're not supposed to drink the hand sanitiser

Cheers
that’s quiet funny. Btw I am teetotaller and this incident hurts me to core
FrozeninTime is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 18:37   #3558
BHPian

People travelling to Velachery / Chennai One. How is the route between Medavakkam and Velachery /Chennai One?
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 23:02   #3559
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
that’s quiet funny. Btw I am teetotaller and this incident hurts me to core
Me too, for nearly twenty years. But I would not take offence if a machine makes a mistake: they are not perfect and do give false positives.

On a lighter, related note, I was stopped at a late-night drink check. I think this was before the machines: cops smelt people's breath! What a revolting job!

Anyway, the policeman asked me where I had been, and, "any drinking?" I replied, "Not for fifteen years!" to which he laughed and waved me on.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 10:46   #3560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
People travelling to Velachery / Chennai One. How is the route between Medavakkam and Velachery /Chennai One?
This is the latest traffic hotspot these days. Almost every evening, traffic is backed up from Kamakshi hospital signal all the way to Chennai One - thats over 2 kms. Took me 90 minutes to get to the airport from Thoraipakkam yesterday evening.
Kaumad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 12:04   #3561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaumad View Post
This is the latest traffic hotspot these days. Almost every evening, traffic is backed up from Kamakshi hospital signal all the way to Chennai One - thats over 2 kms. Took me 90 minutes to get to the airport from Thoraipakkam yesterday evening.
200 feet road is generally ok. Yesterday is an off day, when it started raining after everyone reached office/school. Half day school added to the entropy. I generally get Taramani-Pallavaram done in under half hour, yesterday it took me over 45-50 min to get it done.

Pallikaranai-Tambaram is a total mess since September, best avoided.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 14:40   #3562
BHPian

Quote:
I frequently use hand sanitizer due to my profession, but two bizarre incidents made me re-evaluate the use of hand sanitizer....
So please avoid hand sanitizer when driving, especially in the evenings.
Hand sanitizers come with different strength of alcohol. Some have the consistency of a gel while others are pretty strong. My digital alcohol analyzer is triggered every time I use a strong sanitizer. You don't need to imbibe any sprit to trigger a SENSOR under closed confines.

Even a swig of cough syrup with ethyl alcohol as the base medium can cause issues with cops. I had to explain to the police when they checked me a few nights back. I had the cough syrup with me which helped.
Prowler is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 12:53   #3563
Senior - BHPian

Resurfacing is happening on Estancia-Valliammai college stretch on GST. Took me 15-20 minutes for me to cross that stretch alone yesterday evening. Expect this to continue the rest of the week. Those travelling 23-24th, please check before travelling. Or use OMR/ECR route and join at Chengalpattu
narayans80 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 12:09   #3564
BHPian

Friends driving to Chennai - Palakkam/Thiruvanmiyur from Coimbatore taking Aathur, Ulundurpet, Kallakurichi route. Should I turn off @ Vandalur on Kelambakkam road or
more South of Chengalpat and drive via Thirukazhukundram, Mahabalipuram, ECR? Since we plan to start early morning, should be little after Noon, I need to be driving in these parts on a Monday..Kindly advise which option will have decent road and less traffic comparatively. Thanks in advance.
Old 14th February 2023, 16:39   #3565
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxeloquent View Post
or
more South of Chengalpat and drive via Thirukazhukundram, Mahabalipuram, ECR? .
This is the preferable route bro. going to vandalur and coming to ECR is bit long. I believe you will be reaching before 4.30. Then this route will be better IMO.

Cheers
SSB
shiv4747 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 16:47   #3566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxeloquent View Post
Friends driving to Chennai - Palakkam/Thiruvanmiyur from Coimbatore taking Aathur, Ulundurpet, Kallakurichi route. Should I turn off @ Vandalur on Kelambakkam road or
more South of Chengalpat and drive via Thirukazhukundram, Mahabalipuram, ECR? Since we plan to start early morning, should be little after Noon, I need to be driving in these parts on a Monday..Kindly advise which option will have decent road and less traffic comparatively. Thanks in advance.
You can also divert at Chengalpet and come via Thiruporur - OMR - ECR - Thiruvanmiur. I used to do this when going to Coimbatore. Check if this works for you!
arvind71181 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 16:57   #3567
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
You can also divert at Chengalpet and come via Thiruporur - OMR - ECR - Thiruvanmiur. I used to do this when going to Coimbatore. Check if this works for you!
this is much better route than the other. pls check.
shiv4747 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 17:21   #3568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Thanks, I guess we will try this one.
Waxeloquent is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 21:46   #3569
Distinguished - BHPian

There is a very small road marked on google maps which connects Thiruporur direct to ECR.

I had been roped into driving a friend there and back, and we came back via that road. I checked with someone first, who said they used it often.

A touch of scenic! It is narrow, and crosses the lake/salt flats (does it flood in monsoon?) and is an interesting experience, topped off with the amazingly steep climb to ECR at the end.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 06:55   #3570
BHPian

I have driven Chengalpat to Thiruporur to Navalur three times in the past. The last time was in July-2022. The route is scenic with less traffic. Avoiding the crazy 'Chengalpat to Vandalur' traffic at the tail end of a long drive (600 kms) was a lifesaver for me.
manim is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks