Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2005, 02:14   #1
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)
An accident i will never forget my entire life which happened when i was 15yrs..

hey guys i started to drive since i was 14..my dad used to sit by my side and teach me in the huge farmhouse we had..but once when they had gone out of station i took the car out to show off a bit in front of my friends and decided to a go 2 a friends house(girls obviously) to impress her..i had to take a right turn to reach her house and a friend of mine was urgin me to rip and i did so foolishly and took a 90 degrees turn at abt 60...and guess wht a scooter guy was coming on the wrong side of the road in the opposite direction..i did break really hard and managed to stop the car before i hit him..but that nut case got so scared seeing me take the turn at that speed tht he lost control of his 2 wheeler and rammed in2 to my car which i had managed to bring to a halt..soon the people around seeing this rushed to the scene and finding out i was underage started to talk abt takin me to the cops..scared, as they were frantically trying to c what had happened to tht scooter guy me and my friend fled the scene along with the car keys without any1 noticing..then the very same girl to whose house i was going to called up and asked me if i was alright bcoz she had seen the whole scene from her balcony as it happened right below her house..felt really ashamed but there was more terrible things to come..the car had been towed to the station and 3 guys just to make a fast buck gave a complaint saying tht i had rammed them 2 knowin tht i was underage...then the cops found my address came home and had to go 2 the station only to discover tht there were no papers in the car..had to pay a fine of 2000 to the cops so they would give my car back and another 1500 to those 3 actors to make them take back their complaint..all this happened bcoz not only was my grandpa a minister then but my uncle was assitant comissioner of police too...so using the influence they got me out of trouble as those 3 guys were insistant tht i pay them 5000 each and be put behind bars 4 a day to take the complaint back...the cops havin spoken to my uncle persuaded those 3 to go way taking 500 each and to teach me a lesson so tht i wont repeat it again my uncle asked the cops to collect a fine of 2000 from me...the receipt is till date safely kept by me and every now and then my dad shows it to any guests and says this was one of achievements done by his son, making matters worse..was 15 when this happened and it was a tata sierra...now 21,i realise how easily i had got away with such a disaster of havin 2 spend a day or 2 in the station if it hadn been 4 the influence i had...
so sincerely advise all underage drivers not to drive until u get ur licence and land in2 trouble tho having no fault of urs and really its worth the wait bcoz from tht day till i got my licence i wasn allowed to get in2 the drivers seat of a car...was out to impress a chick and ended by being laughed at by the whole school as this was the headlines in the school the next day..

so pls take care and advice ur friends to do the same for their own safety as at tht age speed thrills but dont 4get it also kills..when u get to 18 and more u r not only more mature but also aware of the situation around u and u dont tend to panic in case of emergencies...i knw i sound like a an old grandpa but havin gone thru all this wudn want any1 to face the same situatuion...
Old 3rd August 2005, 02:21   #2
BANNED

dont you laugh whenever you think about it..i mean the way you must have felt..must be crying also...
Old 3rd August 2005, 08:49   #3
BANNED

nope didnt cry was pretty sure tht my family would bail me out of trouble....but ya i do laugh about it every now and then..when im test driving my friends cars or bikes they keep remindin me abt this incident and ask me not to do the same with their stuff...now tht all tht phase is over now coming to think of ya i do laugh at myself 4 the stuff i did...
Old 3rd August 2005, 21:50   #4
BHPian

LOL
......that was one hell of a experience luckily i did not have such a experience
i was 14 when i started driving ... now that i am 18 ....i feel more confident when behind the wheel
Old 3rd August 2005, 22:35   #5
Senior - BHPian

Learing the hard way is the best way to learn. Makes you odler and mature after something like this.
Old 3rd August 2005, 23:03   #6
Senior - BHPian

hahahaha...
thank gawd you didnt get a PM (public maar)...bangalore crowd seems rather peaceful..
Old 3rd August 2005, 23:18   #7
Senior - BHPian

almost the same thing happened to be abt a month ago. a drunked bike guy smashed into my car from behind as i stopped to let another car pass to the other side. luckily for me, the bike didn't have insurance, nutin and had my frnd with me who had a license. now after that i'm a bit scared to even drive the car...
Old 3rd August 2005, 23:28   #8
BANNED

u r highly mistaken turbo lover..the residents of bangalore are least peaceful let alone be considerate,atleast the ones who intended to make sure they make money out of my ignorance of driving without a licence ...and to make sure tht i pay them up they requested i be put behind bars atleast 4 a day so tht i learn a lesson and tht only then they would withdraw the case...still do u think people as these are often thought to be considerate(atleast thts wht people think of bangalorians unknowingly)...was lucky tht i ran away from there or else wud surely have got wht u call pm(public maar)...
Old 25th April 2007, 11:53   #9
Senior - BHPian

90 degree turn at 60.You know its been about 7 years since this happened and you know what...things haven't changed .

Sorry da..dont flame me

Last edited by binz : 25th April 2007 at 11:57.
Old 25th April 2007, 12:34   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
nope didnt cry was pretty sure tht my family would bail me out of trouble.......
Binz, maybe "things have not changed" because of the above statement.
Old 25th April 2007, 12:41   #11
Senior - BHPian

No navin sir...mcl=very safe driver.Im serious.

Last edited by binz : 25th April 2007 at 12:44.
Old 25th April 2007, 12:56   #12
Senior - BHPian

There is nothing safe at 200kmph. There are many things that we cannot control & surely no one can be a safe driver. I know mcl has been quite reassuring but still one cannot avoid taking certain things for granted at that speed.
Old 25th April 2007, 13:18   #13
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Binz, maybe "things have not changed" because of the above statement.
Somehow I have noticed that you put up quite a keen interest in such topics related to me .. Its nice to know that someone is watching you .. And yes , I would surely love to know that my folks would be able to bail me out of certain circumstances .. At times they may have risen due to your mistakes and at times when you are remotely related to the situation at hand .. Just in case like a few months back someone's car got hit in the neighbourhood and my car having a loud exhaust was the first suspect (when I wasn't even in town).. And yes , it were my parents who came to my rescue .. And I am glad they did .. If you were in my place , you would be too ..

Also its easier to say , parents ought to do this and that .. The day my son gets into trouble irrespective of what gyan I gave the entire world on how not to spoil your children I will be the first one running pillar to pole to rescue him .. That is how life is .. I am sure that you wont abondon your kids either irrespective of what mistakes they made ..

And I dont think that by crying half of anyones problems would be solved .. If it were everyone would be crying all their lives .. I was scared as hell , but somewhere at the corner of my heart I knew my parents would be there .. And if you do read carefully it wasn't me who crashed into the biker .. Or you need proof of that too ?? Yes , I was driving underaged but at some point all of us have .. I have , my friends have , maybe you have too .. I say it openly others dont .. Infact there is a thread here which says "when did you start driving" .. I have seen a million people post that they drove without a license .. Its that age of life , the adrenaline .. Since then we have come a long way ..

And I said about 60 , I did however never notice the speedo .. Could be more like 40 .. After sunday's drive to nandi hill's seeing the speeds across few corners (one which was very similar , that I recollected after seeing this post) took it at 60 in my baleno .. Dont think a sierra could have done it at even 40+ ..

All said , since I have turned 18 I have met just met with one accident in a car .. And you can enquire from ANYONE you want .. I get 16kmpl per ltr in my baleno when it was MODDED .. And about 9-10kmpl with a blown headgasket , cracked piston supplying twice the amount of fuel than on stock while guys on this very forum strive hard to get 10kmpl on a stock car in city .. Maybe that ought to tell something about my driving .. I dont think I have to prove anything to anyone here .. Actually Im tired of repeating the same .. But it would be nice if you didn't keep poking at this issue at every given opportunity .. Everyone makes mistakes .. Thanks ..

PS : Its nice to see that you do venture out of the ICE sections every now and then .. Its been ages since I have visited that part of town ..

PS 2 : I hope you do realize this thread is about 2 yrs old ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem lover
There is nothing safe at 200kmph
The skoda was doing 220+ , elantra was doing 200 , wolf's Vtec was almost doing the same , 1.6 ikon too .. Infact on one of the last bombay drives i vaguely remember seeing the scooby do close to 200+ on public roads .. Then why this discrimination ?? Is it because I ain't from bombay or because Im just 22 while the rest are 30+ (and so considered more responsible) ?? Also kindly see the vidoes we have put up before shooting off such comments ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 25th April 2007 at 13:30.
Old 25th April 2007, 13:19   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
There is nothing safe at 200kmph.
Yes agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Surely no one can be a safe driver
So Nobody is a safe driver...why are you taking mclarens case so much??

Last edited by binz : 25th April 2007 at 13:21.
Old 25th April 2007, 13:40   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
The skoda was doing 220+ , elantra was doing 200 , wolf's Vtec was almost doing the same , 1.6 ikon too .. Infact on one of the last bombay drives i vaguely remember seeing the scooby do close to 200+ on public roads .. Then why this discrimination ?? Is it because I ain't from bombay or because Im just 22 while the rest are 30+ (and so considered more responsible) ??
I am making a general statement. If x,y,z,a,b,c have also driven at 200+ kmph, so be it. Certainly, no one can be called a safe driver when driving at such speeds on public roads. It takes just a split second for all this confidence to come rolling down. You are an excellent track driver from what i have heard & you should know that better than anyone else.

I do not know you & i dont care if you think i am a grumbling old man, but when i see a scare, i call it a scare.

This has nothing to do with age or location. I was a very very safe driver on my dad's amby when i was 18, i never crossed the 60kmph mark. I cant say the same thing about myself today inspite of having a family to care for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
So Nobody is a safe driver...why are you taking mclarens case so much??
Well, you were the one who revived this thread with a sarcastic comment, didn't you ?

could be because i like his spirit.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks