Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2005, 07:56   #1

Personal Cars Flooded In Mumbai Floods

Guys this is my Hyundai GETZ GLS which was soaked in water on the very 4th day after i took its delivery.

I got inside from the hatch, pushing the 40 side seat down, and then setting the handbrake and gears.

Later a friend and myself managed to get the car on this elevated area by pushing it real hard.

I got the feel of participating in the "Worlds strongest man" contest here, but feared of damaging the front bumper.

The car was in the front where you can see a small wall, it was around five meters that we managed to push it up here.

Till then it was soaked in water thill its windows. With water all inside on the floor and the seats soaked in it.

On 28th July i however managed to rip the whole carpet apart and get the car back to normal.

Take a look at the pics below.

Thats what is called spick and span right.

Last edited by mangywarez : 8th August 2005 at 08:08.
Old 8th August 2005, 09:25   #2
BHPian

Your car is Silver in colour from the outside, but the door panels of the car with ripped off carpet show a Dark Blue paint.

What's the deal...worng car or wrong camera
Old 8th August 2005, 14:58   #3

Yes the car is silver in colour. The blue thing is the adhesive protection tape put on all shoulders, before delivery of all new hyundai's.
Old 8th August 2005, 22:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

you wont believe what i saw at navnit motors the other day....loads of new bimmers including 2 760s, one owned by amitabh. also saw his range rover...both murdered by water
Old 8th August 2005, 23:54   #5
BHPian

Hey mangywarez,did you start your car?.In the first photo,It looks like the engine is completely submerged.Any damage to the electricals?
Old 9th August 2005, 09:15   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16
you wont believe what i saw at navnit motors the other day....loads of new bimmers including 2 760s, one owned by amitabh. also saw his range rover...both murdered by water
Well there are loads of such instances. The road behind Juhu Garden in Santa Cruz (I cant figure this one - Juhu Garden is in Snta Cruz) is chock full of BMWs, Mercs, etc. The road that joins Khar Danda road to Union Park (Olive) is lind with smaller cars. I saw about 30 zens, marutis, and santros there this (tuesday) morning.
Old 21st March 2009, 10:34   #7
BHPian

Floods! - Parking in Mumbai

Not sure where else to post this other than maybe shifting gears but eh

So you all have probably read the paper by now, Mumbai will be hit by some of the worst floods in the last 100 years. 24th and 25th July will be flooded badly.

Which means hundreds of cars will be damaged like last time, so guys, what are you going to do?

How will you protect your car and do you know any high areas that the rest of us could park our cars?

p.s. Applies to places in Mumbai only

Almost all malls have basement parking so hiding your car there wont work, I'm sure there must be some mall with 1st/2nd floor parking.
Old 26th March 2009, 17:20   #8
Senior - BHPian

Bringing a thread back from its grave after 4 years? That too when the summer is about to begin! And are you predicting about the floods?
Old 26th March 2009, 18:41   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagan.js View Post
So you all have probably read the paper by now, Mumbai will be hit by some of the worst floods in the last 100 years. 24th and 25th July will be flooded badly.
Whose prediction? Either ways, if it happens, I'm going to take my Jeep and go out to play
Old 28th March 2009, 00:07   #10
BHPian

I did not revive it, a mod merged it here. I asked for it to be moved from this 4 year old topic, but no replies.

And no I did not predict anything okay, it was in the papers on 21st march, 4th page of Mumbai mirror. (might be wrong about page number, very sure its in the first few pages)

Prediction from BMC, they say evacuation plans are in place. But who will evacuate our cars?
Old 5th April 2009, 01:52   #11
Senior - BHPian

Haha. Well, i neither trust MM nor the BMC. The reason being that the Mumbai rains can deceive anything and everything. Like they say, Ladki ki baat, Gadhe ki laat aur Mumbai ki Barsaat ka koi bharosa nahin. ;-)
Old 30th April 2009, 20:10   #12
BHPian

Could you please post the URL? I would like to read this prediction. Given that those nincompoops at the weather department can hardly get the next day right, this is a surprise.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks