Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2021, 10:42   #316
BHPian

Re: PUC - Pollution Under Control ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Yes, it should be mentioned on your RC smart card. Here's how it appears on my Scorpio's RC:
Its time for me to get a fresh PUC. I checked my RC and do not see any sign of BSxx. What gives?

PUC - Pollution Under Control ?-terrano-rc.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd February 2021 at 19:55. Reason: Image edited
RedTerrano is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2021, 11:43   #317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post
Its time for me to get a fresh PUC. I checked my RC and do not see any sign of BSxx. What gives?
Hmm, strange. Is it like that on the RC smart card too, or on the road tax certificate?
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2021, 12:20   #318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Just one correction - it was opened last year or so as an Essar bunk, and now Nyara. I dont remember a HP bunk in that area - I do see IOC, Shell & IOC in the area. Btw, I am in the same area too - it's less than 500m from the gate of our apt complex
Oh yes, my apologies. It was Essar initially. I too am within a half km of the bunk.
Old 31st January 2021, 11:31   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Hmm, strange. Is it like that on the RC smart card too, or on the road tax certificate?
Same problem on RC smart card as well. No mention of pollution compliance norms.
Maybe my Terrano emits only water vapour and Kasturi fragrance
PUC - Pollution Under Control ?-terrano-rc.jpg

Last edited by RedTerrano : 31st January 2021 at 11:42.
RedTerrano is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2021, 19:40   #320

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Just one correction - it was opened last year or so as an Essar bunk, and now Nyara. I dont remember a HP bunk in that area - I do see IOC, Shell & IOC in the area. Btw, I am in the same area too - it's less than 500m from the gate of our apt complex
I am from the same area, and I got my PUC certificate done here very recently. The process was smooth, happened in around 5 minutes. They connected something to the exhaust, used the car battery to power up their machine and revved the engine for a bit. Would advice anyone nearby to go to the Nyara fuel station if they need a PUC done
Old 2nd February 2021, 22:11   #321

A total newbie question, please clarify.

My car is delivered just a week before, bought and registered in Chennai. I have added my rc to mParivahan app and I could see PUC is NA. And a note mentioned if it is NA I have to show the hard copy of PUC when asked.

Is PUC not required for new cars? Or if it is required do I have to take separately or the dealer should have taken it as he did the registration and insurance. Should I follow up with my dealer regarding this?
Old 3rd February 2021, 10:43   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post

Attachment 2111836
please remove the picture. it has fully visible barcode
Ashutosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 11:10   #323
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_bishop View Post
A total newbie question, please clarify.

My car is delivered just a week before, bought and registered in Chennai. I have added my rc to mParivahan app and I could see PUC is NA. And a note mentioned if it is NA I have to show the hard copy of PUC when asked.

Is PUC not required for new cars? Or if it is required do I have to take separately or the dealer should have taken it as he did the registration and insurance. Should I follow up with my dealer regarding this?
For a new car, PUC is not required for 1 year from the date of registration. No certificate required to show PUC during this period.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 11:46   #324
MSC
BHPian

I recently got my Grand I10 NIOS delivered on 31/12/2020, the last day of covid infested year. The car was registered after couple of weeks. Today I logged into mparivahan app with new car details. The PUCC is shown valid only for 7 days after the car delivery. Seems I need to get a PUCC done as soon as possible.
It's useless arguing with a cop who is hell bent on extorting money from you. Since it's a BS-6 car the PUCC will be valid for one year. Spending sixty ruppees for one year is billion times better than arguing with a cop. Especially so since the document specifically shows date of PUCC expiry. Once the PUCC is done afresh, it should start showing on database.
Attached Thumbnails
PUC - Pollution Under Control ?-screenshot_20210203113718__01.jpg  

MSC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 21:46   #325
BHPian

Yesterday I got emission testing done for my vehicle here in Coimbatore. I missed to cross check it there and also I had missed to ask for one year valid certificate

Today while checking the certificate, I see BS III mentioned in the certificate and Fee Charged is also low (Rs.60 as opposed to Rs.150 paid).

Hope Emission Norms can be updated. Planning to visit the center again tomorrow.

Incase they dont agree to update Emission Norms to BS IV, any issues in the future?

PUC - Pollution Under Control ?-pucc1.png
500ContyCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 22:13   #326
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
Hope Emission Norms can be updated. Planning to visit the center again tomorrow.

Incase they dont agree to update Emission Norms to BS IV, any issues in the future?
There's no issue, after all your record of truth for the correct engine emission type is your RC. You can always get it done during the next emission test. They may ask you for the RC before they enter it in the system though.
Old 4th February 2021, 22:34   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
There's no issue, after all your record of truth for the correct engine emission type is your RC. You can always get it done during the next emission test. They may ask you for the RC before they enter it in the system though.
This guy dint even ask for RC details. He even rejected seeing previous PUC certificate.

Guess he got all the details from Parivahan site. In that case, shouldn't Emission Norms be autopopulated?
Old 5th February 2021, 11:02   #328
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
Guess he got all the details from Parivahan site. In that case, shouldn't Emission Norms be autopopulated?
You can check the data on parivahan site to see if really the engine emission type is entered wrong there, but I highly doubt if that would be the case.

I think the emission test centre's system would have picked up the data from previous certificate not from Parivahan.

Reason he didn't ask you for the RC is because he doesn't want to update any data for your certificate, either because he wants to avoid giving you a 1 year validity certificate or he's just plain lazy. Very common though at most emission test centres.

Last edited by NPV : 5th February 2021 at 11:05.
Old 8th February 2021, 17:56   #329
BHPian

For all those who have BS4 vehicles - please insist on changing the setting to select BS4 at the PUC Center. I missed that once and ended up getting a 6 month validity. Yesterday I insisted on changing the selection to BS4 (default in the drop down is BS2). While it didnt reflect before the test - the print out carried the full one year validity. And yes it is the same price - Rs90.

For those interested - this is the IOC bunk on left on the way to uttarahalli when coming down from Deve Gowda Bunk circle.

PUC - Pollution Under Control ?-puc.png
sai_ace is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 18:41   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai_ace View Post
... the print out carried the full one year validity. And yes it is the same price - Rs90.
Most of the emission check centers lack the facility to test diesel vehicles and they pretend to be not aware of the 1 year PUC validity for BS-4 vehicles.

There is one PUC center which I've visited in the past, he gives 1 year validity certificate but takes Rs 200 which is double the amount.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks