Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2023, 14:04   #481
BHPian

Re: PUC - Pollution Under Control ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
Written in English and handed over to SRTO. Please be prepared for multiple follow ups. Dad's office was across the road so he was able to push. For saving time and energy, i would recommend using an agent (unfortunately, i am not aware of any)
Thanks for your inputs Rohan.

I was also planning to engage an agent for this. However, in my case I do not have the invoice of the car with me anymore. Do you have any idea if any alternate document can be submitted along with the application.
Old 17th January 2023, 14:16   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamkaushik View Post
Thanks for your inputs Rohan.

I was also planning to engage an agent for this. However, in my case I do not have the invoice of the car with me anymore. Do you have any idea if any alternate document can be submitted along with the application.
Not aware of alternate documents but maybe you can keep the original RC handy with the old registration number
Old 17th January 2023, 14:36   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
Not aware of alternate documents but maybe you can keep the original RC handy with the old registration number
Actually in my case the registration number remained the same and the car was registered with the same number at Noida. The previous RC doesn't mention the emission norms.

Will try to check with an agent for the procedure and if there is any alternative document possible.
Old 29th January 2023, 18:15   #484
BHPian

Done the pollution check for my BS6 Kushaq at the end of first year at Elite emission centre, opposite to US embassy in Chennai yesterday. Good part is no hungama like emission selection and completed in few minutes. Though I was told it will appear in parivaahan in 30 mins, it is updated today

Bad part is this centre also charges 200 instead of the actual cost of 80. Unlike earlier when they used to provide a seal over the price to mask the actual cost, the print out comes with no fees information itself
Old 27th February 2023, 11:50   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
Thank you for that. While I missed that post of yours, its kind of weird as they could have used the Vaahan portal to update the details so we can use the mParivahan app to show it to the cops.
The issue with that was the RTO where I registered my car continuously sends me text messages every other day asking me to update PUC(because its not reflected in Vahan) or I will have to pay a fine!
How did you resolve this situation? I'm also in the same bucket, my vehicle is registered in Delhi, I've obtained a PUCC in Bangalore couple of weeks ago, but I keep getting messages regarding fines.
Old 27th February 2023, 12:02   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklitex View Post
How did you resolve this situation? I'm also in the same bucket, my vehicle is registered in Delhi, I've obtained a PUCC in Bangalore couple of weeks ago, but I keep getting messages regarding fines.
Traveled to KL and took pollution certificate from there. 30 minutes and was updated in Vaahan. Valid for one year, so atleast till then its fine.
Old 3rd March 2023, 15:10   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai_ace View Post
For all those who have BS4 vehicles - please insist on changing the setting to select BS4 at the PUC Center. I missed that once and ended up getting a 6 month validity. Yesterday I insisted on changing the selection to BS4 (default in the drop down is BS2). While it didnt reflect before the test - the print out carried the full one year validity. And yes it is the same price - Rs90.
Attachment 2119772
Alas, this is not possible any more since the field is not user editable and carries the value pre-populated from the RTO database.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamkaushik View Post
Hi Folks,

I saw multiple cases posted here where the emission norms are incorrectly mentioned on the RC/Parivahan database. I have a similar situation for my Honda Jazz Petrol. It is BS4 complaint but the RC and the mParivahan app shows Euro III.

I visited multiple PUC centers across NCR but all of them show it as a Euro III/BS 3 vehicle.
I am on the same boat, but in WB. WagonR Lxi CNG 2013 BS4 with EURO3 in RTO Database. I have a document from the Dealer from where the car was bought stating that this is a BS4 car. What other documents will be needed? I do not have the Invoice any more.
rroy92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 23:25   #488
Senior - BHPian

Got my WB registered BS-4 Tiago's PUC renewed in Chennai, TN yesterday. From the IndianOil petrol pump located on Spur Tank Road, Egmore. Went off smoothly. 1-year validity. Rs 130 charged with receipt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rroy92 View Post
I am on the same boat, but in WB. WagonR Lxi CNG 2013 BS4 with EURO3 in RTO Database. I have a document from the Dealer from where the car was bought stating that this is a BS4 car. What other documents will be needed? I do not have the Invoice any more.
Dealer letter on official letterhead should do. If it is WB-02, that is PVD, Beltola you'll have to approach the ADR Regn who'll do this for you. His office is in the first floor.

Last edited by Axe77 : 12th March 2023 at 13:51. Reason: Merging back to back posts.
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 12:23   #489
BHPian

Hi Team-BHPians,

Suppose I want to bring my Delhi registered car or bike to Mumbai or any other city outside Delhi-NCR for few years.

Will there be any issues related to renewal of PUC (Pollution under Control) certificate?
Vehicle is registered on Delhi RTO but I guess it must also be registered on central database accessed by all RTOs. Hope I'm correct.

Issues may be like vehicle not found in their database due to which I may have to jump from 1 petrol station to another in search of that petrol pump who can recognise DL registered vehicle and renew PUC.

Last edited by Bhupesh_2628 : 21st March 2023 at 12:32. Reason: Added few more information
Old 21st March 2023, 13:01   #490
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhupesh_2628 View Post
Hi Team-BHPians,

Suppose I want to bring my Delhi registered car or bike to Mumbai or any other city outside Delhi-NCR for few years.

Will there be any issues related to renewal of PUC (Pollution under Control) certificate?
Vehicle is registered on Delhi RTO but I guess it must also be registered on central database accessed by all RTOs. Hope I'm correct.

Issues may be like vehicle not found in their database due to which I may have to jump from 1 petrol station to another in search of that petrol pump who can recognise DL registered vehicle and renew PUC.
If your vehicle details reflect on parivahan website under correct RTO (& not multiple RTO due to change of RTOs etc), you can renew your PUC across India.

Regards.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 13:35   #491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
If your vehicle details reflect on parivahan website under correct RTO (& not multiple RTO due to change of RTOs etc), you can renew your PUC across India.

Regards.
Thank you, saket77.

Currently, it's registered under the correct RTO based in Delhi.

I guess the multiple RTOs reflect on their portal only if I re-register the vehicle in another state and change RTO?
Old 21st March 2023, 13:51   #492
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhupesh_2628 View Post
Thank you, saket77.

Currently, it's registered under the correct RTO based in Delhi.

I guess the multiple RTOs reflect on their portal only if I re-register the vehicle in another state and change RTO?
Yes, that's correct. If the previous RTO doesn't 'disable' the vehicle in their system; it will be a problem. If such a case arises, you can request the old RTO with the NOC and new RTO registration details to disable the same in their system and that should sort it out.

Regards,
Saket.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 19:38   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
My yearly update to this thread.
My yearly update for 2023-2024:

Even though I had a month’s validity pending as I was in kerala. Got it done.

Smooth process and was charged Rs 130 for my BS4 diesel Terrano 110ps. ( though the attender mentioned that someone faced issued for diesel vehicle yesterday)

Went to my earlier PUC (where it was 110 Rs previously), so rates really have changed and i wasnt scammed last time.
Old 2nd March 2024, 02:10   #494
BHPian

The Bangalore PUC with BSIV seems to have been resolved.

I went to a Petrol Pump attached PUC center to get it renewed for my 2013 i20. The guy was not ready to do it under BSIV and newer vehicle, but when I insisted, he selected the option and the error pop up did not come this time unlike 6 months back.
So he ran the test but the readings came in RED. I thought may the new emission norms are not valid for my car so asked him to do the BSII test but then I realized the readings were way off then previous one, so suspecting a testing machine error, declined it.

Went to another test center, asked him to run with BSIV and he also said this is not valid for you, I asked him to see if the software allows. He said it will allow with 1 yr validity, so asked him to go ahead as this is what I needed.
Ran the test, readings were similar to last test and got the PUC Certificate with 1 yr validity.
vidyanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2024, 12:20   #495
BHPian

Hi All,

I came across a unique issue today. I went for the PUC renewal for my 2022 Toyota Urban Cruiser which is a BS6 vehicle (in Mumbai). I went to the same guy who I had gone to 6 months ago for PUC back then.
However this time around he informed me that he is not able to do PUC as apparently the Vahaan system has changed and it's not allowing him to do the testing as he doesn't have some spl testing equipment needed for BS6 vehicles. So although he could do the PUC tests for other vehicles (did it in front of me) he couldn't do it for mine. He suggested me to go to another place (a bit far) where they apparently have the right measuring equipment to do it. I know this guy for many years n has been doing PUC for all my vehicles all these years, so I don't think he is trying to mislead me.

Has anyone else with a BS6 vehicle faced this issue recently while doing a PUC renewal?

Most Viewed