Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2019, 22:53   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: PUC - Pollution Under Control ?

Yesterday I got the PUC of our Xylo renewed.
It was mobile PUC centre. When I tried to park the car near his Maruti Omni, the owner told me to park the car ahead (around 15-20 feet far from his Omni). When I asked him how will he check the reading, he said "So you want to get the reading checked". Then he allowed me to park my car near his and he inserted the sensor in the Xylo's silencer.
He told me that the charges for PUC certificate will be Rs. 150/-. I told him it was 110/- last time when I renewed it last Sept. He said the charges have been increased from 1st May.
I allowed him to take the reading. I saw the reading was 52.8 (at idle rpm). Then he told me raise the rpm a little. I raised to 2000rpm and left it.

Then he gave me the PUC certificate mentioning the reading as 54.8 (maybe the reading at 2000rpm was 54.8).

Has the charges really been increased to Rs. 150/- from 1st May? Or was I taken for a ride?

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 9th June 2019 at 22:54.
Old 9th June 2019, 23:02   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
Has the charges really been increased to Rs. 150/- from 1st May? Or was I taken for a ride?
Got mine done on 6th June for Rs. 120. PUC test Rs. 100 and GST Rs. 18 (check attached picture of figures stamped onto the certificate).

PUC - Pollution Under Control ?-img_20190609_225914581.jpg

You also mentioned you last got it done in September. Do you not use your car regularly or had you forgotten to get the PUC done?

Last edited by boniver : 9th June 2019 at 23:05.
Old 10th June 2019, 16:36   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
Do you not use your car regularly or had you forgotten to get the PUC done?
The car is regularly used but I had forgotten to renew.

Also the mobile PUC centre where I had renewed the PUC last time in Sept. 2018, he cheated me as below-
He inserted the sensor in the silencer but kept the machine off. Then he casually told to raise the engine and then turn off. When I waited for sometime to allow the turbo to cool down after raising the engine rpm, he wrongly gave me printed slip which I observed keenly after returning home and found that the slip was actually printed 3-4 hours before I got the PUC checked.

Hence went to different centre this time but got this experience.

Can we complain about this at some place?
Old 12th June 2019, 10:36   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
As far as I am aware, PUC certificates were always valid for 6 months for BS4 vehicles in KA.

Unsure of the diesel rate now but I just renewed my petrol Octavia PUC for 90 bucks / 6 months.
Here's the clarification regarding validity of PUC Certificate from official Twitter account of Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, Government of India.

PUC - Pollution Under Control ?-img_20190612_065118.jpg
KING DYSP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2019, 10:44   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

I got the PUC of my motorcycle and car renewed last week. Here in Ranchi, it cost be Rs. 50/- for the motorcycle and Rs. 100/- for the car for the certificate. Both are BSIII vehicles.

This marks an increased from Rs. 40 for 2 wheelers and Rs. 70/- for 4 wheelers which I remember paying last time.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2019, 10:44   #141
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
As far as I am aware, PUC certificates were always valid for 6 months for BS4 vehicles in KA.
It only depends on BS IV or earlier - BS IV (and higher like the upcoming BS VI) gets 1 year validity whereas BS III, II and l get 6 months.
Most testing centres don't update the vehicle details correctly and hence it defaults to BS III. Better carry the RC card to the centre and ask them to update correctly.
See earlier discussion on this. I had reported about my WagonR (2016) getting the 1 year validity whereas Dzire (2009) gets 6 months. Also, the Karnataka RTO website can be used to check your vehicle's PUC details - every time you have it tested, it's recorded there It will also show what your vehicle engine is categorised as.

Last edited by NPV : 12th June 2019 at 10:46.
NPV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2019, 11:02   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Most testing centres don't update the vehicle details correctly and hence it defaults to BS III. Better carry the RC card to the centre and ask them to update correctly.

Also, the Karnataka RTO website can be used to check your vehicle's PUC details - every time you have it tested, it's recorded there It will also show what your vehicle engine is categorised as.
Excellent point you've raised - will certainly check my 2016 petrol Octavia's PUC to see why I am renewing it every 6 months.

Mind you, that http://www.karnatakapuc.in/ site is eternally down. Are there any alternative mirrors that once can access and check? I do not receive the automated SMS either.
Old 12th June 2019, 11:17   #143
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Mind you, that http://www.karnatakapuc.in/ site is eternally down. Are there any alternative mirrors that once can access and check? I do not receive the automated SMS either.
Yes, it's the same site, I had mentioned it in an earlier post here (PUC - Pollution Under Control ?)
Old 12th June 2019, 12:48   #144
BHPian

Quote:
It only depends on BS IV or earlier - BS IV (and higher like the upcoming BS VI) gets 1 year validity whereas BS III, II and l get 6 months.
I used to think the same.
When I went for PUC of my Zest-Petrol (BS-IV) which completed 3-years in Feb-2019, I was told by the PUC center* that for vehicles older than 3-years, validity is again 6-months even for BS-IV vehicles.
Can you check on this the next time you do PUC for your Wagon-R?

(*PUC was done at the HP-Fuel bunk near DRDO Township / Bagmane Tech Park)

Last edited by srvm : 12th June 2019 at 12:57.
Old 12th June 2019, 12:54   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
When I went for PUC of my Zest-Petrol (BS-IV) which completed 3-years in Feb-2019, I was told by the PUC center* that for vehicles older than 3-years validity is again 6-months even for BS-IV vehicles.
Got the PUC for my petrol 2014 Xcent a few days back. For the first time, I got 12 months validity - until six months ago they were only giving 6 months validity.

Last edited by Secretariat : 12th June 2019 at 12:57.
Old 12th June 2019, 13:47   #146
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Can you check on this the next time you do PUC for your Wagon-R?
I renewed it in March/April and it's valid for a year again.

Quote:
(*PUC was done at the HP-Fuel bunk near DRDO Township / Bagmane Tech Park)
I think this guy is taking you for a ride (possibly overriding/editing the expiry date from 1 year down to 6 months).
While I trust the HP COCO bunk, the guy running the emission testing centre isn't trustworthy from my past experience. I have stopped going there for the PUC and instead go to the Indian oil bunk on old Madras road near BDA complex.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2019, 14:42   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Nope, In Poona and Bombay its 110 for diesel vehicle PUC.
got one 3 days back.
Old 12th June 2019, 16:50   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
Nope, In Poona and Bombay its 110 for diesel vehicle PUC.
150 looks high. It's 125 in Karnataka for diesel vehicles, but 100 or 110 for Petrol cars, and lesser for two-wheelers

Quote:
I renewed it in March/April and it's valid for a year again.
Which car, please ? Is the 1 year mentioned ?
Old 13th June 2019, 08:25   #149
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Which car, please ? Is the 1 year mentioned ?
This is for our 2016 WagonR.
The first line on top of the PUC certificate clearly calls out the validity based on BS III and below (6 months) and 1 year for > BS III

The date of testing and date of expiry (valid till) are also mentioned on the certificate (1 year apart).

I vaguely remembered I'd shared a pic of that portion of the certificate in an earlier post and found it - coincidentally I'd responded to you on another thread back then

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post4441174 (Pollution check for new car?)

Last edited by NPV : 13th June 2019 at 08:37.
Old 13th June 2019, 09:33   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The date of testing and date of expiry (valid till) are also mentioned on the certificate (1 year apart).
Was looking for this point. My Storme is BS-4, the emission certificate states 1 year for BS-4, but the validity dates printed remain as 6 months.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed