Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2019, 12:37   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: PUC - Pollution Under Control ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
Is there a grace period for new vehicles to get the PUC done? Or should all vehicles irrespective of age on road get the PUC done?
A brand new vehicle does not need PUC for one year (Some people/cops agree for 6 months). So, better to have PUC after 6 months.
mukeshgoel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 12:59   #212
Senior - BHPian

Got the online PUC done for both my cars in Pune recently. Both are BS4, but Vahaan picked up the Ecosport D as BS4 and allowed the centre to choose an option for the Alto.

These PUC guys are big time trying to scam people as the process is still new. The Ecosport got a 1 year PUC and the centre tried to pull a fast one saying the cost is Rs.120 for 6 months and hence I need to pay Rs. 240. This is total BS and you have to pay only what is printed on the form. i.e., Rs. 120 for diesel vehicles.

Took the Alto to a different centre and I noticed it gave them the option to choose emission norm. I insisted he choose BS4, but the guy choose BS3 saying it doesn't matter and it reads automatically from RTO, etc. Sure enough it generated only a 6 month certificate and the cost for a petrol car is Rs.90. Not sure why it doesn't read emission norms automatically in some cases. There is actually a foot note on the PUC certificate saying emission norms entered manually by PUC centre and to visit RTO to correct.

The Alto is a KA car and I got the PUC done in Pune, so out of state is not a problem.

The mParivahan app showed the PUC details within a few hours for both cars.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 23rd October 2019 at 13:01.
fiat_tarun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th October 2019, 09:42   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by us.dash View Post
Any leads on where I could get the PUC done? Happy to travel a bit, if necessary.
Thanks
us.dash
Got my PUC done

There is a PUC van near Lilavati Hospital (on the way from sea link, with MSRDC office on your left, and the bus depot straight ahead).
Offers Petrol, diesel and CNG PUCs. Well behaved, took readings at 3 rpms. 1 year validity and charged Rs. 120.
Got message from Vahan in a few minutes, with amount cited as Rs. 100.
Happy to pay the extra Rs. 10.

Thanks
us.dash
Old 29th October 2019, 19:41   #214
BHPian

FINALLY got my BS4 certificate for one year this month !
Having bought the Gypsy King in February 2011, for a long time I did not know that we were entitled to PUC with 12 month validity. As for the BS3 Alto and non-BS Jonga and Yezdi, I was getting Gypsy PUC tests done every six months. Even after coming to know of the double-term at this forum, getting 12-month validity was not possible, as all centres cited WB Transport Dept. rules. It seems nobody had informed them, or sent them the necessary software for BS4. So tests were being conducted with BS2 standards, and validity was for six months only !
Having given up hopes of getting full-year clearance, I do not press the matter any more. So I was surprised when I got a PASS certificate in a new format for one year at one of the pumps/testing stations I visit ! And at the previous rate of Rs. 100 plus GST ( total 120/- ) ! No attempt at overcharging, as rumoured, because they will be getting less revenue !
Old 30th October 2019, 08:45   #215

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginWheels View Post
Hello Team,

Subject - PUC renewal in Kolkata for vehicles registered in other states.

I am driving a car in Kolkata which is registered in Karnataka. I have been using the car here since 2017 and have had no issues with any documentation till now. I have avoided the re-registration path due to the notorious hassles and money matters of-course (the car is under finance and loan pending till March 2021) and have been awaiting the 'Unified Vehicle Licence and Registration' process to come into act.

I have been getting the PUC of the car renewed without any questions asked for the last 2 years without any issues., but I am apprehensive about the next PUC renewal (due on 01-Sep-2019) after a recent information I got while visiting a pump for re-fuelling (on the day of writing this post - 10-Aug-2019).

As per a new directive from the West Bengal Motor Vehicles department the PUC testing personnel are looking up for the vehicle information in a website to find the emission details.

They are not able to proceed with the tests, if the vehicle details are not found in the site, and are giving print out of the message "Please contact RTO to update Fuel norms" (please see image), and have asked vehicle owners to contact respective RTO office for further actions.

This is a cause of concern for me, because what about those vehicles which are not registered in West Bengal, as no RTO will have the vehicle details?

I believe there are many others sharing the same plight, or have had the same issue while PUC renewal.

I will visit an RTO office myself to get more information on the process, which I will share subsequently for the benefit of others in the same predicament as mine.

In the meanwhile I will be very grateful to receive any information or solution the issue experienced by others.

Many thanks and best regards.
Hi - did you find any solution to this problem. I stay outside kolkata. However I am here for a week, and I see my JH registered vehicle has PUC expired. I tried getting it done only to face denial that PUC can't be done and I was directed to visit a RTO. I am not sure how long the process takes in RTO. But is there a stopgap solution where I can get the PUC done outside of Kolata RTO's jurisdiction. I stay near Airport. Any pointers would help
Old 30th October 2019, 09:39   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbdcoe View Post
Hi - did you find any solution to this problem. I stay outside kolkata. However I am here for a week, and I see my JH registered vehicle has PUC expired. I tried getting it done only to face denial that PUC can't be done and I was directed to visit a RTO. I am not sure how long the process takes in RTO. But is there a stopgap solution where I can get the PUC done outside of Kolata RTO's jurisdiction. I stay near Airport. Any pointers would help
Find a PUC centre in the outskirts and get the certificate ASAP. As far as I'm aware, they still don't upload data to the RTOs database, so it shouldn't be an issue. My current PUC will expire in the next week, so I'll be able to provide a better update then. Since you're living near the airport, just drive a few kms northwards and get it done.

I've seen a couple of cases where centres in the main city itself issue a PUC to out of state cars and they usually charge a 200-300% premium for the same.
boniver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 17:40   #217

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
Hi I have the same issue with multiple KA RTOs and thus mumbai PUC centers (where I stay now) not allowing the PUC
Can you please guide me in terms how you filed the RTIs?
Hi,

Below is the RTI format i used.

Application under Right to Information Act 2005

Date: 10th Sep 2019
To,
The Public Information Office (PIO)
Asst. Regional Transport Officer, Bangalore East (AA)
Old Madras Road
Bhatterhally, K. R. Puram
Bangalore - 560 049

Sub: Car showing wrongly registered at Koramangala RTO

Dear Sir/Madam,

I, Ankur Sharma, own a Chevrolet Spark vehicle with Reg No. *****. Recently, I visited a pollution check center for getting PUC done. There I was told that my car is registered at two RTOs, so I cannot get PUC. I was surprised to know that. Then I checked online in VAHAN site and found that my car has multiple record in RTO(s)-Karnataka (Bangalore Central RTO) and Karnataka (Krishnarajapuram RTO). I have valid RC from KR Puram RTO which shows that car is registered in KR Puram (DOC Attached).

I am the second owner of the car and I got the car transferred from Bangalore Central RTO to KR Puram RTO w.e.f 6th Mar, 2015.

Below are my queries

1. Why my car record are still active in Bangalore Central RTO despite the car being registered and transferred to KR Puram RTO?

2. Why the information about the transfer and registration was not provided to Bangalore Central-RTO ?

3. By whom and when this issue will be resolved?

The above information may be provided to me in English at the address mentioned below

A Postal Order for Rs. 10/- bearing Serial No. Dated is hearby attached regarding fees for the information required under RTI Act, 2005

Thanking You.

Your's Truly,

You have to attach a postal order of Rs. 10 with the RTI letter.
ankur_shar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 19:23   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
Find a PUC centre in the outskirts and get the certificate ASAP. As far as I'm aware, they still don't upload data to the RTOs database, so it shouldn't be an issue. My current PUC will expire in the next week, so I'll be able to provide a better update then. Since you're living near the airport, just drive a few kms northwards and get it done.

I've seen a couple of cases where centres in the main city itself issue a PUC to out of state cars and they usually charge a 200-300% premium for the same.
Yes, I saw one poor chap being rejected, just after my test, because his car number did not turn up ! So I asked the PUC test-er what one is to do if one is just visiting or passing through Calcutta, and wants a test done because the earlier certificate is about to expire ? He said..."Bad luck ! If your name/car no. does not come up in our computer, we cannot do anything" Try the suburbs, in the north, south, or the wild west (Howrah). My BS3 ALTO is due this month -- I will take it to a nearby centre in Howrah and see what goes on there.
Old 7th November 2019, 01:03   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakemanJohny View Post
Yes, I saw one poor chap being rejected, just after my test, because his car number did not turn up ! So I asked the PUC test-er what one is to do if one is just visiting or passing through Calcutta, and wants a test done because the earlier certificate is about to expire ? He said..."Bad luck ! If your name/car no. does not come up in our computer, we cannot do anything" Try the suburbs, in the north, south, or the wild west (Howrah). My BS3 ALTO is due this month -- I will take it to a nearby centre in Howrah and see what goes on there.
Got my PUC done today at my usual centre in Barrackpore. They haven't started looking up the cars' numbers on the portal yet, so no issues. If they do start and my car doesn't show up on their computer, I'll just drive 1km northward and I'm sure I'll find another centre 😂
By the way, mine's a BS2 Santro Xing.
Old 7th November 2019, 02:43   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Got the online PUC done for both my cars in Pune recently.
Hi fiat_tarun. Where did you get your PUC done in Pune? I had done for my scooter in September. At that time the handwritten ones were allowed. Just want to be safe because some of the centers scam for the online process. Thanks.
Old 7th November 2019, 07:06   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
Hi fiat_tarun. Where did you get your PUC done in Pune? I had done for my scooter in September. At that time the handwritten ones were allowed. Just want to be safe because some of the centers scam for the online process. Thanks.
Check out this site. There is a list of authorised centres for all cities.

https://vahan.parivahan.gov.in/puc/v...nterList.xhtml
fiat_tarun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2019, 09:06   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
Hi, if you have a Diesel vehicle, then the options are quite limited (compared to Petrol PUC stations). I recently got the PUC for my BS3 Scorpio done at Sangoi Service Station, opposite Rahul Cinema near Shivajinagar Station.

If you have a Petrol/CNG vehicle, then there are more options, which you can find out using the link in the post above.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 7th November 2019 at 09:15.
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2019, 09:18   #223
BHPian

Got my PUC done from my usual PUC center close to my residence.

* This time with my BS-4 Diesel Aspire, the validity for this check is 1 year.

* Old sticker rule is no longer required & no windshield sticker is issued.

* Received SMS from Vahan & Vahan website too reflects the new Validity against my cars registration number search.

* No solution given for removing old windshield stickers & users are on their own to find their own solution for removing those glue marks.

* No increase is fee, it's still Rs. 100/- for this one year web based online job compare to previous 6 months validity.

Vahan website now displays everything,

* Tax validity
* Registration Validity
* Insurance Validity
* PUC Validity
* RC status

Thanks.
Old 7th November 2019, 11:07   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Hi, if you have a Diesel vehicle, then the options are quite limited (compared to Petrol PUC stations.
Thanks Vikram. Yes its a Diesel SX4. I found a couple of them in the Deccan Area. JM Road Sai Service is the closest.
adi.mariner is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 11:32   #225
Senior - BHPian

According to the new rules, got my PUC done through an online RTO approved agent in Kharghar, Navi Mumbai. At present there is only one approved agent in Kharghar.
They took a photo of the car, did the PUC and uploaded on the RTO website. My telephone number was wrongly mentioned on the site and same was corrected.
After few minutes I got a SMS confirming PUC. Since my car is a 2017 BSIV, I got it for 1 year. Total paid was Rs. 110 for a Diesel PUC.

After going home, I checked the online Vahaan site and the car details had been updated with the PUC details. Good service and initiative.

The only downside is that they never gave a small paper /Sticker) but gave a A4 size printout. Anyway, I kept it with other car papers.

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 9th November 2019 at 11:36.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks