Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2020, 16:05   #241

Re: PUC - Pollution Under Control ?

So I bought a second hand bike last year and the owner of the bike was leaving the country so I never managed to transfer the ownership. Bike is from 2011. The bike is registered to Barasat RTO, while I live in central Kolkata.

My PUC expired this month - So i went to a closed pump who rudely handed me a slip printed ' please contact rto to update fuel norms'. Upon persuasion - the operator asked me to go to the RTO where the bike was registered. Vahan has everything intact on the details except for PUC No and Emission norms - which are both blank.

Is there anyway I could get this updated or Pollution done without having to visit the RTO and if that is the only resort is there anything I need to take along to be prepared.
Old 13th January 2020, 17:20   #242
Senior - BHPian

I have a Bajaj Pulsar which has completed 15 years and I am in the process of getting the Green Tax and new smart card. However I did not take out the PUC before submitting the papers to the RTO agent and he said that it will be taken care of. My question here is that should I do the PUC now (bike is still not uploaded online by RTO) or do it after the agent pays the Green Tax ?
Old 13th January 2020, 17:55   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedds View Post
Is there anyway I could get this updated or Pollution done without having to visit the RTO and if that is the only resort is there anything I need to take along to be prepared.
1. Go to a PUC testing centre on the outskirts/suburbs. I live in Barrackpore and in the Barrackpore/Barasat area, centres are still not asking for emission norms to be updated in the database. The PUC testing is being carried out offline/manually.
2. In case you want to go ahead and get the details updated in the database (since you'll have to do it sooner or later anyway), here's a photo of the notice put up at the Barrackpore RTO:
PUC - Pollution Under Control ?-img20191209wa0055.jpg

Hope this helps!
Regards,
Sayantan.

Last edited by boniver : 13th January 2020 at 17:58.
boniver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th January 2020, 14:43   #244

Thanks a ton for that information. I will try going out to Barasat and getting it done. I guess they are asking for original owners documents, so since I am not the original owner - I guess I will have to first get it transffered to my name to be able to claim the services.
I logged onto https://vahan.parivahan.gov.in/ and noticed that they had options to transfer ownership of vehicles and other services. I guessed that for transferring the RTO from Barasat to Behala, they would probably require a NOC. I went through the option of the online NOC and they charged me Rs 20/- all all i got was a payment receipt and a Form 28 printout. So totally confused as to what to do now.
Old 14th January 2020, 15:35   #245
BHPian

Quote:
I went through the option of the online NOC...
You can't get NOC for a vehicle that is not registered on your name. I would suggest to follow option 1 and PUC from outskirts. For getting NOC, you will need signature and ID proof of the vehicle owner.
Who_are_you is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2020, 08:45   #246
BHPian

Quote:
I guess I will have to first get it transffered to my name to be able to claim the services.
You probably won't be able to transfer ownership of the bike since it doesn't have a valid PUC. From my experience a year ago, PUC is one of the valid documents that the RTO requires for ownership transfer.

You have two options, again:
1. Ask the previous owner to send you a scanned copy of his ID proof. Approach the RTO with all valid documents as mentioned in my previous post and get the fuel norms updated. Ownership transfer will not take place, but you will be able to get your PUC done in future without any issues.
2. Refer to point 1 of my previous post and just get a PUC every 6 months from a PUC centre in the suburbs.

Furthermore, ownership transfer also requires (in WB24 atleast, I have no idea about WB26 but should be similar) both the buyer and seller to be present in person at the time of transfer. You both have to visit the RTO and sign a set of forms in front of their appointed officer. That's what I had to do here, atleast. Once again, I'd request you to ask someone from Barasat to get confirmation on the same.

Regards,
Sayantan.

Last edited by boniver : 15th January 2020 at 08:49.
boniver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2020, 15:35   #247

Thanks Sayantan. I managed to get a copy of his ID proof and am aiming to go this Saturday to get this done.

I think the transfer rule holds same for this vehicle WB26 too as i remember the owner asking me to go along with him to the RTO (which I couldn't due to family issues) I will have to wait for the owner to come back to the city to be able to do that.

General question - How does Vahan 4.0 have the option of ownership transfer ? I tried checking with details and it asks me to fill in details and pay around 400+50 for it. Not that I've tried - but just curious.
Old 17th January 2020, 14:42   #248

Ok great news - since going to the Barasat RTO is a 1 and half hour ride - I decided to make a quick trip to Vidyasagar Setu and beyond and I was lucky to find a kind soul in a Howrah pump who inspite of knowing that it needed to be updated - agreed to do my PUC. I am now offcialy saved till July :-)
Tedds is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2020, 20:03   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Ok great news - since going to the Barasat RTO is a 1 and half hour ride - I decided to make a quick trip to Vidyasagar Setu and beyond and I was lucky to find a kind soul in a Howrah pump who inspite of knowing that it needed to be updated - agreed to do my PUC. I am now offcialy saved till July :-)
Please share the location of this centre. I have a KA registered vehicle and the PUC is up for renewal.
Old 21st January 2020, 21:23   #250
BHPian

hothatchaway, Try the two pumps immediately after Kona Expressway starts, after the bridge viaduct ends : One on the right just after you come to ground level (there is a cut on the divider opposite, and you have to wait there for the traffic towards Calcutta to stop before you cross -- the test centre is towards the left rear of the pump).
The other is on the left after the first crossing/traffic light(Carrie Road Xing) -- Amina Weigh Bridge cum fuel outlet. I am not sure about the exact name, but it is somewhat similar.

Please report if successful. I live nearby at ChatterjeeHaat, but still do my PUC tests at Camac Street (Central Calcutta) out of old habit. These may be convenient for you instead of entering the narrow roads and lanes of Howrah.
SnakemanJohny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 20:59   #251

Has anyone got their pollution norms updated from the Navi Mumbai RTO ? I don't currently live in Navi Mumbai, so it's not personally possible for me to visit the RTO office.

I tried calling Perfect Motor Training School to see if they would do it, but they don't even have a clue what I was talking about.
Old 4th February 2020, 21:19   #252
Senior - BHPian

I got the PUC for my Dec 2011 Swift ZDi renewed today. I was quite annoyed with having to go every 6 months so did a bit of reading online and found that BS-IV norms were in force from 2010 onwards, I looked in the manual but couldn't find the relevant info, so thought i'd take a chance and requested the testing staff to change the default from 'pre BS-IV' to 'BS-IV and onwards'

At first he was hesitant but I persisted and told him if my vehicle failed the test I'd pay for both certificates. He obliged. Luckily, the emission was well within the norms and I got a certificate with a year's validity

So if your car is post-2010 make, do ask if they can change to BS-IV and onwards from the default pre-BS-IV so you don't have to run to the center once in 6 months.
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 22:30   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Check out this site. There is a list of authorised centres for all cities.

https://vahan.parivahan.gov.in/puc/v...nterList.xhtml
Checked this out. There is no way to sort / search by pincode or fuel type. Typical govt shoddy work. Am not really surprised.
Anybody got any suggestions for this? (Better yet, anyone done PUC for Diesel anywhere near Kothrud in Pune?)
Old 5th February 2020, 23:05   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post
Checked this out. There is no way to sort / search by pincode or fuel type. Typical govt shoddy work. Am not really surprised.
Anybody got any suggestions for this? (Better yet, anyone done PUC for Diesel anywhere near Kothrud in Pune?)

The Petrol pump, Opp Rahul Cinema does online PUC.
Happysmiles is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 08:53   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post
Better yet, anyone done PUC for Diesel anywhere near Kothrud in Pune?
Select Auto, BPCL outlet on Karve road (2nd fuel pump after crossing Nal stop while going towards Deccan).
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks