Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2020, 09:37   #256
BHPian

Re: PUC - Pollution Under Control ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
Go to a PUC testing centre on the outskirts/suburbs. I live in Barrackpore and in the Barrackpore/Barasat area, centres are still not asking for emission norms to be updated in the database. The PUC testing is being carried out offline/manually.
UPDATE: PUC centres in Barrackpore have now started issuing online PUCs too. Took my BSIV bike for renewal yesterday and received a certificate with a year-long validity, instead of 6 months. The details were updated online too. While it is a relief that I don't have to go to the centre every 6 months now, it also means that I'll be facing issues with my 2004 BS2 car's renewal. Spoke to the testing guy and he explained the procedure to me, which is exactly what I had mentioned in my previous post. Let's hope for the best

PUC - Pollution Under Control ?-img20200206wa0007.jpg

Last edited by boniver : 6th February 2020 at 09:38.
boniver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 10:19   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happysmiles View Post
The Petrol pump, Opp Rahul Cinema does online PUC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Select Auto, BPCL outlet on Karve road (2nd fuel pump after crossing Nal stop while going towards Deccan).
Thanks guys!
The Karve road pump works out best for me.
Old 15th February 2020, 10:55   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakemanJohny View Post
The other is on the left after the first crossing/traffic light(Carrie Road Xing) -- Amina Weigh Bridge cum fuel outlet. I am not sure about the exact name, but it is somewhat similar.
So I drove down to Kona expressway as my current PUC is expiring shortly. The operator initially refused - as expected - citing that its online and fuel norms are to be updated. He relented after some persuasion and I had the PUC renewed on my car for the next 6 months. As you have noted, its the IOC with the weigh bridge.

I did spot another PUC centre at the BPCL pump just about one km down the road from the IOC pump on my way back. It appeared to be closed and I did not stop to enquire
Old 19th February 2020, 11:35   #259
t18
BHPian

So I renewed PUC for my 2014 Hero Pleasure. The PUC outlet asked me if I wanted for 6 months or 1 year, just a month ago I renewed PUC for my 2016 Baleno and the outlet where I got it renewed updated it as BS 3 and gave me only 6 month PUC. They said vehicles registered after November 2016 had the option for 1 year validity.
Now I am confused how my 2014 Hero Pleasure got 1 year validity PUC.

One more thing I noticed for Baleno the PUC printout says Rs. 90 charged, though the outlet charged Rs.100. For my Pleasure the PUC printout says Rs.35 and the outlet charged Rs.50 and they quoted Rs.50 for 6 month as well as 1 year validity. When queried they nonchalantly say that the printed fees is paid to RTO and remaining extra is for them and they do not even provide bill for the extra that they charge.
t18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 14:54   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
A brand new vehicle does not need PUC for one year (Some people/cops agree for 6 months). So, better to have PUC after 6 months.
Is there any documentation specifically calling this exemption out that can be quoted? I have heard the above and seen the same mentioned on some online articles apart from Team BHP, however not able to find any relevant reference on Vaahan or RTO Websites.

I'm worried that unless there is clear documentation, it's open to the whims of any policemen checking the documentation, especially if I'm driving out of state...

Or should I proactively get a PUC done for my <6 months old car, just to ensure no hassles happen?

The mParivahan App currently shows "NA" for PUC status, which I'm not sure whether to read as "Not Applicable" or "Not Available"!

EDIT: - Found it on another thread at Team BHP itself: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...l#post3507807; (Pollution check for new car?) However the same thread mentions the exact same issue I am worried about, i.e. harassment of new out-of-state vehicles without PUC.

Last edited by NowNew7 : 19th February 2020 at 15:09.
Old 19th February 2020, 16:11   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t18 View Post
When queried they nonchalantly say that the printed fees is paid to RTO and remaining extra is for them and they do not even provide bill for the extra that they charge.
PUC person is pocketing extra amount. Have paid only Rs.35 for 2-wheeler PUC in Pune at different centers. I don't know if charges for BS3 & BS4 2-wheelers are different or not.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 16:39   #262
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t18 View Post
They said vehicles registered after November 2016 had the option for 1 year validity.
Validity is based on your vehicles emission levels. If vehicle is following BS4 norms, you can get PUC certificate for a year. However, the reluctance from PUC centers is a common phenomenon I guess. Its something similar in Bangalore too.

What I noticed is that there is a drop down box in the software where along with your vehicle details they need to add the emission norms too. If they select 'BS4 and later' the certificate validity automatically becomes 1 year.

However, most of the PUC centers I had checked with doesn't do this and either deny existence of any option or ask for additional amount to issue certificate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowNew7 View Post
Is there any documentation specifically calling this exemption out that can be quoted?
You should be having the same mentioned in your vehicle owners manual, along with the green circular 'Non polluting vehicle' badge.
Old 25th February 2020, 21:30   #263
BHPian

Yes, all BS4 vehicles (April 2010 onwards, I think) are to have pollution checks once every year. God knows where from 'they' got the Nov 2016 date, and there is no 'option' !

In West Bengal, charges are Rs 80/- plus GST for two wheelers, and Rs. 100/- plus GST for four wheelers. That comes to 118/- for every car, though they generally take 120/- and not return the change. I too give it as 'tips' for the checker-operator's efforts. This is the same for one year/six months, that is, BS4 or earlier. And all petrol outlet-cum PUC centres give cash receipt, whether we ask for it or not.
Old 26th February 2020, 07:30   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Validity is based on your vehicles emission levels. If vehicle is following BS4 norms, you can get PUC certificate for a year.
Where does one find the BSx of their vehicle? RC? Owner's manual? I did a PUC for my Terrano (2014) recently and got a 6 month valid certificate.
Old 26th February 2020, 09:36   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post
Where does one find the BSx of their vehicle? RC? Owner's manual? I did a PUC for my Terrano (2014) recently and got a 6 month valid certificate.
Yes, it should be mentioned on your RC smart card. Here's how it appears on my Scorpio's RC:

PUC - Pollution Under Control ?-scorpio.jpg

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 11:35   #266
BHPian

Download a copy of your ONLINE PUC - Pollution Under Control certificate

Hello all, posting this for the benefit of anyone who may need this.
I recently misplaced the entire set of car paper photocopies that I keep in the glove-box (registration certificate, insurance policy copy, PUC).

While the first two were easy to replace from my saved files, but my worry was for the PUC certificate, and was prepared that I may have to go out and get a new PUC (despite the current one done barely 2 months ago, so yet another 4 months before it expires). Since the new ONLINE process was recently put in place, I thought to first try and check if I can get a copy of the existing valid PUC itself somehow from the RTO online services ? Turns out, YES IT'S POSSIBLE !

1) searched for MUMBAI RTO ONLINE PUC DOWNLOAD
2) I got this link - https://vahan.parivahan.gov.in/puc/v...tificate.xhtml
3) Enter your vehicle registration number, the last 5 digits of the chassis number, and the security code / captcha displayed on the page
4) Click the button "PUC details" and you will get the PUC certificate copy on your screen, which can be printed / saved.

Note - doing the above on an android phone also worked, but the page generated was not a very clean printable layout (misaligned content etc), however did this on a PC and it gave me the correct printable page.

Hope this helps anyone in a similar predicament!

PS -
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
PUC person is pocketing extra amount. Have paid only Rs.35 for 2-wheeler PUC in Pune at different centers. I don't know if charges for BS3 & BS4 2-wheelers are different or not.
Never faced this when getting the PUC done from a petrol pump, but this stunt is pulled off by many (especially the mobile PUC vans) in Mumbai. I deal with this by pulling out exact change for the amount as printed on the PUC certificate and handing it over to the fellow (Rs. 35/- for two-wheeler and Rs. 90/- for car). Invariably they reply asking for Rs. 50/- for two-wheeler and Rs. 100/- or 110/- for car, giving this same BS story that their charges are over and above what is printed on the RTO certificate. My simple reply to them is, you give me a written receipt for the extra amount, only then I will pay it, but I will also lodge a complaint with the RTO for over-charging. That invariably ends the conversation.

Last edited by //HB : 2nd March 2020 at 11:50.
//HB is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2020, 12:16   #267
BHPian

Re: Download a copy of your ONLINE PUC - Pollution Under Control certificate

Quote:
Originally Posted by //HB View Post
Click the button "PUC details" and you will get the PUC certificate copy on your screen, which can be printed / saved.
This is excellent! I only wish that the mParivahan App also had PUC and Insurance pull as a feature which would then take care of all documentation hassles.

Currently the DigiLocker App does pull all docs except PUC, but there is no RC Sharing like mParivahan. Also am wary of using Digilocker App on mobile as it gives access to way too many documents.
Old 14th March 2020, 11:36   #268
BHPian

Re: Download a copy of your ONLINE PUC - Pollution Under Control certificate

Today I went for the renewal of PUC. Knowing that by default they issue PUC certificates for 6 months only, I mentioned the people to select BSIV (2014 model). The person in the PUC Center told me that they do not have any say in that selection and he showed me on the screen that the PUC version was greyed out and it was indicated as BSII ! Knowing that even the type of vehicle (Petrol /Diesel) changes in their database, this is nothing!! (A 2006 model petrol Swift bought before the advent of Diesel version, that we owned is currently seen as Diesel version in Vahan's database)

Quote:
Originally Posted by //HB View Post
1) searched for MUMBAI RTO ONLINE PUC DOWNLOAD
2) I got this link - https://vahan.parivahan.gov.in/puc/v...tificate.xhtml
3) Enter your vehicle registration number, the last 5 digits of the chassis number, and the security code / captcha displayed on the page
4) Click the button "PUC details" and you will get the PUC certificate copy on your screen, which can be printed / saved.
But, is the validity of this PUC certificate appearing anywhere on this online printout?
Old 14th March 2020, 16:18   #269
Senior - BHPian

BANGALORE *HELP*

Does any one know a "HONEST" PUC-Emission checking place. I need to check the actual emissions (chemical amount of exhaust gases) in a diesel and a petrol car (and petrol 2S and 4S bike). Money not a criteria and it is ok if the guy doesnt give a 'failed-certificate', I only need the actual values to be jotted down in a piece of paper.

thanks in advance...
Old 15th March 2020, 16:10   #270
Senior - BHPian

I am trying to get a new PUC for 2019 Swift and till now two centres have said the bs4 engine it is not possible as of now. What is this new issue of bs4 PUC ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks