Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2020, 16:43   #271
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: PUC - Pollution Under Control ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
BANGALORE *HELP*

Does any one know a "HONEST" PUC-Emission checking place. I need to check the actual emissions (chemical amount of exhaust gases) in a diesel and a petrol car (and petrol 2S and 4S bike).
If you're coming down from Hosur, this maybe quite far.

The Indian oil petrol pump next to Indiranagar BDA complex on Old Madras Road has one of the oldest Emission testing centres this side of Bangalore and I've been going there for more than 2 decades. It's run by an all women team and they will not budge if the vehicle fails the test.
Old 15th March 2020, 16:47   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I am trying to get a new PUC for 2019 Swift and till now two centres have said the bs4 engine it is not possible as of now. What is this new issue of bs4 PUC ?
This is just to get more money and double business.(as they will only give 6 month validity)

What reason did they give? What do they mean by bs4 engine it is not possible.
Old 15th March 2020, 19:42   #273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am trying to get a new PUC for 2019 Swift and till now two centres have said the bs4 engine it is not possible as of now. What is this new issue of bs4 PUC ?
I did the PUC for my 2006 Fiesta (BS-III) at one of those vans near the Airoli toll. Cost me 90 bucks and got a print-out and is supposedly online as well. Is only for 6 months though. Not sure why you would have a problem with the PUC for a BS-IV car
pganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2020, 20:30   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
This is just to get more money and double business.(as they will only give 6 month validity)

What reason did they give? What do they mean by bs4 engine it is not possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
I did the PUC for my 2006 Fiesta (BS-III) at one of those vans near the Airoli toll. Cost me 90 bucks and got a print-out and is supposedly online as well. Is only for 6 months though. Not sure why you would have a problem with the PUC for a BS-IV car
They are saying they need some device for testing and that the online system is not accepting a BS4 engined car as of now.
Old 15th March 2020, 23:15   #275
BHPian

Quote:
They are saying they need some device for testing and that the online system is not accepting a BS4 engined car as of now.
Load of BS, the vehicles sold in metros are BS4 so how on earth were they testing it until now.

So in short they are ready to give BS3 certificate?

Go to the center, ask them to change in software and see if it works. The testing center where i went they did the testing using same equipment only thing they had to change was selecting a different option(bs4 and newer).
Old 16th March 2020, 09:31   #276
BHPian

Re: Download a copy of your ONLINE PUC - Pollution Under Control certificate

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman View Post
But, is the validity of this PUC certificate appearing anywhere on this online printout?
Yes it displays the validity date, just as you would see it on the printout given to you when you've just done your PUC. It's essentially just a re-print of that very same document.
//HB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 13:12   #277
Senior - BHPian

PUC (Petrol BS 4) done today after 10 years of driving and ODO @ 84200 KMs.

Filling BS6 Petrol since April 2018 from same COCO Indian Oil Pump.

With proper maintenance and servicing it is clear that year after year Pollution from my CAR is more or less same or even less this time.

Please find the following readings

PUC - Pollution Under Control ?-puc.jpg

It is sad that I cannot use my car after 5 more years

Still wonder if 10 year limit for Diesel Cars' registration will be lifted (here in Delhi) after BS6 implementation

Cheers!
myavu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2020, 15:05   #278
BHPian

Just an update regarding my earlier issue on the parivahan website where the RC status of my pre-worshipped Cruze was showing as registered in multiple RTOs in Karnataka.
I tried emailing the respective RTOs as well as authorities but did not receive any response. This was in Dec 2019.
A Tbhpian on this thread also mentioned how he filed an RTI and got the changes made. I wasnt able to do that either. Additionally owing to a lot of personal travel and me not being based in Bangalore anymore I was not able to contact the RTOs or get an RTO agent to help me out on this.
However, a random parivahan check day before yesterday revealed that my records had been updated. Took the opportunity to go to a PUC centre (the petrol pump at the entrance of BKC,mumbai from the LBS side) and was able to get a certificate. The same has also been updated in my parivahan RC status. There ware no issues relating to a non MH registered car. The whole process took 10 mins tops.
Though, I was surprised to note that my 2015 Cruze is a BSIII and needs a PUC check every 6 months. Anyway an overall major surprise on the updation front
superutp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2020, 19:11   #279
BHPian

Hi guys,

Do you know where I can get an emission certificate for one year somewhere in HAL, old airport road or surrounding areas in Bangalore?

It is a pain to get it done every six months.

This is for a 2013 diesel Terrano.
Old 26th May 2020, 19:50   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
Hi guys,

Do you know where I can get an emission certificate for one year somewhere in HAL, old airport road or surrounding areas in Bangalore?

It is a pain to get it done every six months.

This is for a 2013 diesel Terrano.
Discovered the Indian oil bunk on old Madras road, Indiranagar, following rules.

Six months certificate only issued for BS III vehicles. One year certificates for BS IV and above.
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2020, 23:04   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
While it is a relief that I don't have to go to the centre every 6 months now, it also means that I'll be facing issues with my 2004 BS2 car's renewal. Spoke to the testing guy and he explained the procedure to me, which is exactly what I had mentioned in my previous post. Let's hope for the best
UPDATE: After contemplating for months, finally got my car's emission norms updated in the RTO's database today. Was a 2 min job for me.

The documents needed were as follows:
1. Forwarding letter from the PUC centre asking us to update emission norms in the RTO's database.
2. The car's original invoice. If this is unavailable, a letter from the manufacturer has to be obtained, clearly stating the car's emission norms.
2. Photocopy of the RC.
3. Photocopy of the insurance papers
4. Photocopy of the tax token
5. Self-attested photocopy of any ID proof (of the registered owner)

I arranged all documents except the one in point no. 2. For that I'd have to drive to Hyundai's office 30kms away and get my car inspected, which I absolutely didn't have time for. Instead, I just visited the RTO with all the documents that I had gathered, met an agent who assured me that he'd get the job done, waited until he actually submitted my documents at the counter and then left. In an hour, I received an SMS from the RTO stating that the records have been updated, and a quick Vahan search showed me the same. I paid the agent Rs. 700 for the job.

Here's a screenshot showing the now updated emission norms for my car:
PUC - Pollution Under Control ?-untitled.png

I can now get a PUC for my car
boniver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2020, 13:32   #282
BHPian

I am in the process of renewing defunct/lapsed fitness certificates for my 1980 YEZDI and my 1965 (registered in 1987, after army disposal) Nissan Jonga. They used to be tested for pollution many years back, but I had got tired of the process of making others in the queue wait while I adjusted the carb mixture screws to pass.
During the COVID 19 lockdown I repainted the bike at home -- lucky I had cans of spray paint from AMAZON.IN lying around, and many bored volunteers in the neighbourhood wanting to do something to pass time.

The Jonga will be repaired and put back on road after we recover from supercyclone Amphan (Umpun), Could not do that during lockdown as spares were required and shops were shut.

The real test will be to see if these two are allowed to appear for their PUC tests then. Though previously on RTO rolls, will they be marked 'present' after such a long absence ? A fellow I met during the lockdown, with good connections at the RTO, who has taken the job of paying all due taxes and bringing documents up-to-date, says there will be no problem !
Old 28th June 2020, 12:04   #283
BHPian

I have been religiously getting the PUC done every 6 months unaware that for BS4 vehicles there is 1 year validity. A fellow driving enthusiast brought this to my notice recently.

So equipped with this new found information I went to the PUC testing centre opposite to the Regional Passport Office, Koramangala and proudly declared that my car was BS4 complaint and that he needs to issue a certificate with 1 year validity. (I have always been going here and this guy goes through the entire process of connecting to the battery terminal, revs the engine multiple times (which I so dislike) and checks the exhaust gasses).

He simply said it's not in his control. Something about it being linked to the RTO, blah blah.

Ignored him and went to another emission test centre down the road. No luck, got the same response. They only issue it with 6 months validity.

Funnily, the certificate itself however reads that the validity is 6 months for BS3 and 1 year for BS4!

Such incompetence and we pay the price with NGT simply banning diesel cars over a certain age with no consideration for the actual emissions that the car is producing and resultant impact on environment. Over simplifying the problem with a belief that a vehicle with lesser no of years since manufacture actually causes lesser pollution.

Last edited by rakirank : 28th June 2020 at 12:28.
rakirank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2020, 10:56   #284
BHPian

True, rakirank, The RTOs have to update software and send to all PUCs, for the latter to enable one-year validity in case of BS4 vehicles.

As I mentioned earlier, in Calcutta it was done sometime in 2019, and till that time I have had to obediently submit my BS4 2011 Gypsy for testing every six months !

Government departments take their own sweet time to pass on benefits of laws and rules to citizens, particularly if it involves more work for them ! In this case, it seems that PUC certificate format was updated much before, thus showing BS3-six and BS4-12 months, even though in practice it continued to be six months for all !
SnakemanJohny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 14:52   #285
Senior - BHPian

Circular for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
PUC - Pollution Under Control ?-img20200822wa0037.jpg  

Most Viewed