Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2020, 21:27   #301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbits View Post
Is this true? Views? Credible or BS?

Looks like they themselves are not sure and are asking us.
This is not true. Please see the first press release issued by IRDAI on this link

https://www.irdai.gov.in/ADMINCMS/cm...?DF=PRL&mid=19
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 11:24   #302
Senior - BHPian

Re: PUC - Pollution Under Control ?

I took PUC for my diesel Fortuner from a place in Kerala (Mattor near Kalady). It is been a week, but details are not appearing in the Vahan database, I get a message that registration details are not available in the database.

I am not sure what to do about it.

Other part of the story is they asked if it is a BS4 model (mine is 2013 Fortuner) which I was not sure. They would have given a 1 year valid certificate, but I didn't want any trouble later and went with non BS4.

Last edited by gadadhar : 9th October 2020 at 11:31.
Old 14th November 2020, 18:55   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Here goes my PUC saga, for the lack of a better word.

But strange thing is that I have not got the vahan sms yet.
One year on, it was time again to renew my PUC, went to E.city one near huskur gate. What a change compared last time, no rush it was just me. (Unlike long queue last year) The guy was helping fuel pump attendants with fuel filling.(not sure if it was time pass or PUC is parttime now due to lack of customers)

It was smoother process compared to last time, but whenever we ask for BS4 testing they ask for previous PUC certificate or RC.

I mentioned that i was a repeat customer so he proceeded without much argument after seeing my older certificate from same place.(which also was done for 1 year)

I did have to keep an eye on the software and asked him to select “BSIV and onwards” option.

Testing went fine, was done in 5 mins.

Cost: Rs 130 ( Rs 125 is the real cost didnt have change)

So my 2015 registered terrano PUC certificate is renewed for 1 more year.

Verified and reflecting online:

http://etc.karnataka.gov.in/ReportingUser/Scgr1.aspx

Last edited by SideView : 14th November 2020 at 19:15. Reason: Added verfying info
SideView is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 12:20   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
They are saying they need some device for testing and that the online system is not accepting a BS4 engine car as of now.
10 months later the same story, I had gone to my regular PUC centre and on informing that it is a BS4 I was told to go the next PUC guy. Upon reaching the next PUC guy same thing. I went to around 3 PUC guys with the third PUC centre not being located as directed by the second PUC gentleman.

Finally I came home and did a google search and locate a PUC van which states they are doing BS4 PUC. I call the guy up and says he is at Andheri and is available till 3 PM and can do the BS4 PUC testing. I drive to him and get the PUC done for 90 bucks. We no longer get the PUC sticker type certificate but get a computer printout with validity for 1 year . A pic of the car no plate is also printed.

Drove the car out after many months. Felt good to be behind the wheel on the road.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 19th November 2020 at 12:22.
Old 20th November 2020, 07:30   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
I took PUC for my diesel Fortuner....
... they asked if it is a BS4 model (mine is 2013 Fortuner) which I was not sure.
You can check on your RC as well as in Owner's Manual if it's BS4 or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
I did have to keep an eye on the software and asked him to select “BSIV and onwards” option.

Cost: Rs 130 ( Rs 125 is the real cost didnt have change)
We got the PUC check done for our BIL's Honda WRV VX Diesel (bought last year Diwali) on 17-11-2020.
I too was curious whether he will select "BS4" or "BS3 and Lower". I did not see any Drop-down list on the screen for this. All he asked was Vehicle Number (despite the car was in front of his eyes), Mobile number. The Software Automatically took the BS4 thing from RTO Server. We got the PUC certificate with One Year Validity.
We were charged Rs. 110/- (the printed receipt mentioned the same amount).
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
We no longer get the PUC sticker type certificate but get a computer printout with validity for 1 year . A pic of the car no plate is also printed.
Here in Solapur, this printed thing is since Dec 2019 (or even before that). I got PUC checked for our i20 Diesel (Mar. 2015) and Xylo (Nov. 2009) last Dec. and had got this printed one with photo of car on it.

To all,
(As mentioned above) We got the PUC check done for our BIL's Honda WRV VX Diesel (bought last year Diwali) on 17-11-2020. The PUC Guy connected the Machine's Cables to the car's battery (I know this is norm), and told to raise the Engine to 2000 RPM for five-six times. He did not insert the Sensor in the Silencer. When asked about this, he told that now the Silencer sensor is not required and only Battery connection is required.
Old 20th November 2020, 09:33   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
You can check on your RC as well as in Owner's Manual if it's BS4 or not.
Thanks, but there is nothing mentioned on my RC, testing center person was also checking in the RC for the entry. I need to verify the manual, it is left in the glovebox.
Old 23rd November 2020, 01:48   #307
Senior - BHPian

I also got a BS4 PUC done on mom's Dzire a couple of weeks ago. Had got a BS4 test done last year too. This time it was different. One sensor in the exhaust and another magnetic one on the spark plug boot and rpms were to be held at 2000 for the duration of the test. Cost 90 bucks and got it done from my usual guy opposite Jack Jones on Linking Road, Santacruz.
Mortis is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 17:20   #308
Senior - BHPian

Is PUC equipment for BSVI cars different to BSIV cars?

Today I went to get PUC done for my BSVI Baleno for first time. I visited two petrol pumps in my locality and both refused saying their equipment cannot service BSVI cars.

Anyone from Bombay knows where can I get PUC done in Sion, Matunga, Dadar, Wadala area?
Old 8th December 2020, 17:44   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post

Today I went to get PUC done for my BSVI Baleno for first time. I visited two petrol pumps in my locality and both refused saying their equipment cannot service BSVI cars.

Anyone from Bombay knows where can I get PUC done in Sion, Matunga, Dadar, Wadala area?
Kindly google a PUC centre around your area which does BS6 testing. I had to travel to Andheri from Santacruz side just to get the PUC done. I located one doing BS4 PUC using just dial/ google search.
Old 21st December 2020, 17:09   #310

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post

There is a petrol pump at Marine Drive, at the left turn, where you climb onto the flyover. They have a PUC booth that accepts BSIV diesel cars. I got mine done on December 19, 2020. I found it after trying at 7 pumps, variously between Pawan Hans airport, Irla fire brigade, Pusha Narsee garden near JVPD, Silver Beach, near DN Nagar, Trident BKC and Jaslok Hospital. One of the Pawan Hans pumps, where I had got one of my other cars tested earlier said he has changed his machine to accept only BSVI diesel cars.
Old 19th January 2021, 19:43   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post

To all,
(As mentioned above) We got the PUC check done for our BIL's Honda WRV VX Diesel (bought last year Diwali) on 17-11-2020. The PUC Guy connected the Machine's Cables to the car's battery (I know this is norm), and told to raise the Engine to 2000 RPM for five-six times. He did not insert the Sensor in the Silencer. When asked about this, he told that now the Silencer sensor is not required and only Battery connection is required.
I had the same experience today and just couldn't figure out how they can check emissions this way.
Mine is a Aspire diesel and the usual place I get the emission checked was closed. They used to check with a pipe connected to the exhaust and the read out was for PM.
He said if the engine doesn't meet the set parameters in this method, then they connect to the exhaust.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 20:06   #312
Senior - BHPian

Recently got PUC checked on both of my cars. Few observations:

1. Almost everyone asks for double or more amount in Gurgaon.

2. I managed to find one who does it for Rs.100 (1 year validity) but only if you tell him the correct price.

3. He puts a dark stamp and sign where chargeable amount is printed. If stamp is not at the "right" place by 1-2mm, he does it again to hide chargeable amount.

4. He clicks pic of the number plate on his mobile and puts his mobile in front of his webcam to capture the number plate. So, no need to park the car in front of his webcam. Smart? He says that most female drivers struggle to park at exact webcam capturing position.

5. He inserted sensor in silencer only. No battery connections.

6. My 2014 Grand i10 had "BS-II and above" under "Emission Norms" till last year. It has been updated to BS-IV without me doing anything (probably all 2010 onwards cars of NCR, check yours).

7. It was updated to mParivahan instantly.
Attached Thumbnails
PUC - Pollution Under Control ?-puc.jpg  

Old 22nd January 2021, 00:06   #313
Distinguished - BHPian

TBHP helps us get some good ideas

The emission test for my Storme was due, and was searching for a place where I can get a full 1 year certificate since this is a BS4 vehicle. A recent post here mentioned one place near the Indiranagar BDA complex. But wasnt keen on going upto there just for this.

Did a google search and found a 5* rated test centre in JP nagar. This one is at the Essar (Nyara) bunk not far from Brigade Millenium, and near the Puttenhalli lake.

https://goo.gl/maps/NZ6mZ9Wdw8aSQNDu8

No fuss testing, and a straight 1 year certificate. Price - 125/-. He inserted the probe into the exhaust, but used the vehicle battery power. Guess it came clean in first shot and hence no oil temp testing (?).
Old 22nd January 2021, 09:25   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Did a google search and found a 5* rated test centre in JP nagar. This one is at the Essar (Nyara) bunk not far from Brigade Millenium, and near the Puttenhalli lake.

No fuss testing, and a straight 1 year certificate. Price - 125/-. He inserted the probe into the exhaust, but used the vehicle battery power. Guess it came clean in first shot and hence no oil temp testing (?).
I live very nearby and always do my pollution tests at this bunk. This was a HP bunk till recently, and post lockdown, it was bought over by Nyara. Very convenient and no-fuss pollution checks, in and out of there within 5 minutes most times.
Old 22nd January 2021, 09:57   #315
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
This was a HP bunk till recently, and post lockdown, it was bought over by Nyara.
Just one correction - it was opened last year or so as an Essar bunk, and now Nyara. I dont remember a HP bunk in that area - I do see IOC, Shell & IOC in the area. Btw, I am in the same area too - it's less than 500m from the gate of our apt complex
condor is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed