Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2009, 14:44   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
@Edsel : Even the cops in Bangalore note down only the registration number for traffic violations. Its only at some major junctions that cameras have been installed. I dont think producing a video grap would be the norm in all such cases.

In Pune, many cameras were installed at important intersections. Many (one lakh) voilators were captured on it too but see the apathy. read the article from Indian express 29Aug,2009

"The Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) has over the last few months captured images of as many as 1 lakh traffic violators through over a hundred cameras placed on a trial basis at various chowks on the busiest streets of the city as part of the Intelligent Transport System (ITS). PMC is, however, yet to put the system in place whereby it can penalise traffic offenders. The civic body plans to appoint a private agency for the operation and management of ITS, with its control room to be located at PMPML's Swargate depot.
"As part of our trials, we have collected images of as many as 1 lakh traffic violators for offences like speeding and breaking the signals. However, we do not intend to initiate action against them. A tripartite agreement will come into effect among PMC, police and a private agency for this purpose," said Mangesh Dighe, a civic official, looking after the ITS. He added, "We have floated a tender for this task and have asked agencies to submit their bids by the first week of September. This private agency will be authorised to issue challans against the traffic violators and then forward the matter to the traffic police, who will take further action. The legal authority will rest with the traffic police," Dighe said."

SOURCE : Civic body captures one lakh traffic violators on camera in just few months
Old 25th November 2009, 15:07   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faridsahmed View Post
In Pune, many cameras were installed at important intersections.
In Hyderabad also cameras were installed at major junctions. Everyday I see flash lights when I'm returning home from office. Its like walking on a red carpet
Old 25th November 2009, 15:08   #18
BHPian

This happened to one of my cousine . He is a Student in Erode and while he leave his home in Thrissur he use to keep the bike inside the home and no one even touch that . The RTO Guys send him a summons saying that his bike number is booked for parking in a no parking area and ask him to pay a fine of Rs 100 . Even if he tried to explain the situation they were not ready to leave ,due to frustration and after all its a matter of Rs 100 he paid that and closed the case.

Another instance is that one of the Taxi in which my uncle was travelling was stopped by some police on NH 47 and they told that they have not given side for a fire force vehicle . Actually they noted the number wrongly instead of Number 700 they noted 7000 since the vehicle was of differnt model after a negotiation for 2 hrs they left him .

Kerala Traffic police is so pathetic in traking down the right vehicle
Old 25th November 2009, 18:44   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Isnt the vehicle owner responsible for the vehicle registered in his name?
What if his friend borrows his bike? Or what if it was a mechanic from the service centre?

RTO can't just assume if it was the owner indeed and have his license cancelled. If this case gets to the court its the RTO who's gonna lose if they can't prove it was indeed him. OP can furninsh enough proof, with the help of a lawyer, that he was at someplace else.

Last edited by Sankar : 25th November 2009 at 18:49.
Old 25th November 2009, 19:08   #20
BHPian

Thank you all for the responses.

Today morning I came to know about the same incident happened to another vehicle. It was a school bus and the RTO guys sent a registered similar to mine to them. The headmistress who is known to me luckily has an evidence (trip sheet) that the bus was running in a different route other than the place which the RTO people have mentioned in the summons note.

What I am going to do is publish this incident in a leading newspaper with instances from other people also in it. This will help in somewhat stopping them from issuing such summons to others at least.
Old 25th November 2009, 19:23   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
You have been had. Simple as that. You got a receipt for the Rs 1500?

Please lodge a complaint on the governments greviance site asap with the name of the RTO Inspector.

RTI guys. Please use it. You could have got all the information regarding your case.
yes, I got the receipt for the amount which I have paid.
Quote:
Did you get to hear from anyone else who faced such a similar summons? I refer to people whom you know personally, and not word of mouth. The reason i ask is, if someone comes and tell me this happened to them, i may just blurt out that this must be their new way of making money, although i may not have heard the same incident happen to anyone else i know. So, just so we dont generalize.
Yeap, I came to know about another incident today morning. I have put the details in another reply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Its very bad. In such a manner they can take down any car/scooter/bike numbers and shoot notices after a certain period. Ideal way of collecting money from motorists.
I feel this is a new technique to meet the monthly targets of vehicle inspectors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsel Rulez! View Post
Can't this be contested in court? Surely the RTO will need to produce some kind of evidence, such as a camera grab or something? You say they sent the summons six months after the event. Why do they need to take so long? The answer, I believe, is that they figured you won't be able to explain where you were at the time. Nor will you be able to produce witnesses or alibis vouching for you. Heck, I can't remember what I was doing last week at this time, let alone six months ago!
This can be taken into the court, but again I would need to spent time and energy for filing a suit. The reason for sending the summons after 6 months, you got it right, you will not know in which all routes you went 6 months back. The interesting thing is that they have selected a Sunday for me otherwise I could prove that I was at office. they are thinking wisely

quote=Sankar;1600463]One question: How can they prove that it was YOU who was riding the bike on that day?
[/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Eh - Horse crap...

The vehicle may have been in error, but nothing to prove that the person riding it was 'you'. Perfect case for 'court' fight, but question is 'do you want to go thru it?'.
Since the bike is mine, the responsibility lies with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
What !!!! Why did you pay ? Never imagined this would happen in enda keralam.
LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Guys,

Please register a case if you have a recipt and that original letter and ask them to prove that it was your bike. I am sure they cannot prove it and they will have to return the money charged. when thisngs like these happens often some one somewhere will wake up,.
I have the receipt and original letter with me. Again, time and energy need to be spent pulling me in backfoot.
Old 25th November 2009, 19:40   #22
Senior - BHPian

This is shocking.

But ,from the past 1-2 Months ,Even in Small towns, Helmet Checking is Very Strict(A good thing).But ,If what thread starter has told is true ,It is a Perpetration and Media must bring out this.This Much Strictness?!!I am now worried of the Traffic Police Men/Women carrying paper piece and pen in every junctions!

OT:Anyone Heard DL tests are now only done in One Centre for Each Districts in Kerala with License issued/rejected their itself? Seems Like Government is On a Drive to Clean Up the mess in RTA in kerala.
Old 26th November 2009, 10:58   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
This is shocking.

OT:Anyone Heard DL tests are now only done in One Centre for Each Districts in Kerala with License issued/rejected their itself? Seems Like Government is On a Drive to Clean Up the mess in RTA in kerala.
Now for each RTO, there are sub RTOs for every district. In Trivandrum, there is a main RTO and 4 sub RTOs. The DL tests are done at each of these centers and licenses will be issued/rejected on spot.
Old 26th November 2009, 12:01   #24
BANNED

What does the receipt say? Fine or something else?
Old 26th November 2009, 13:06   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
What if his friend borrows his bike? Or what if it was a mechanic from the service centre?

RTO can't just assume if it was the owner indeed and have his license cancelled. If this case gets to the court its the RTO who's gonna lose if they can't prove it was indeed him. OP can furninsh enough proof, with the help of a lawyer, that he was at someplace else.
You say makes sense, Sankar. However, i still believe the eventual responsibility rests with the person on whose name the vehicle is registered?

Another example to think of : When we sell a vehicle, and havent updated the new owner details, and the vehicle is involved in nefarious activities, who gets pulled up?
Old 26th November 2009, 16:55   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You say makes sense, Sankar. However, i still believe the eventual responsibility rests with the person on whose name the vehicle is registered?

Another example to think of : When we sell a vehicle, and havent updated the new owner details, and the vehicle is involved in nefarious activities, who gets pulled up?
Sombody has to loose his liscence, simple . The darkages have seriously arrived.

Pramod
Old 26th November 2009, 17:05   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I make it a point to photocopy all the signed document including, ownership transfer form with new owner's address filled in, sale deed and delivery note. This is enough in most cases.

In such a scenario original owner should be able to prove to the cops who come knocking on your door to whom you sold the vehicle to. If there's no record and the ownership is still in original owner's name then the guy would be in a soup.
Old 26th November 2009, 17:48   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
What does the receipt say? Fine or something else?
It says fine and they have put the case sheet number in it.
Old 9th December 2009, 02:16   #29
Senior - BHPian

It is so nice to learn many good things and the tricks of Police. The innocents are caught for nothing and the law breakers are let free. So sad of our system. I was on over speed in OMR. The police came with the camera and showed the speed was 65. That was true no arguments I paid the fine honestly and appreciated them.
Old 9th December 2009, 02:31   #30

WAAH!! Brilliant. You are such a Fool to have Paid that Rs.1500 buddy. You should have told then to go to hell.

also, About cameras, the camera at Dadar TT in mumbai was apparently stolen!!! Go Figure!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks