Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2009, 11:46   #1
BHPian

Traffic awareness program in Hyderabad

From our office we are thinking of launching a traffic awareness program in Hyderabad. I thought that its a good idea to discuss here as well.

1. Prepare a pamphlet that contains basic traffic rule list, what is the punishment if somebody violates that rule and some photographs of accidents which happened.
2. Distribute it to nearby police stations. (Because I am sure that here police men are not aware of the rules and penalty charges)
3. Then the major important thing is to distribute the pamphlet to nearby houses (Say 100 houses) where you stay (Here we require volunteers) and give them a small briefing about the importance of following traffic rules.

I am expecting soem input s from the forum also and some volunteers if possible.

Last edited by Jaggu : 3rd December 2009 at 12:25. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, please avoide copy paste from external font editors. Please preview post before submitting. Thanks
Old 3rd December 2009, 16:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
From our office we are thinking of launching a traffic awareness program in Hyderabad. I thought that its a good idea to discuss here as well....
Thats an excellent thing from your office. I am IN!!!
Old 3rd December 2009, 16:52   #3
BHPian

Hey!!! Good work. I want to do the same in my office first and later at my locality. Please count me in. Let me know if I can help you with anything.
Old 3rd December 2009, 17:05   #4
BHPian

Great thought anumod, there is a group called ITMD, something in similar lines of your thoughts in Hyd. They involve in Traffic related activities, Cleaning of the Lakes, and much more.
Incase you are interested I can get you the contacts of those folks.

Last edited by kraft.wagen : 3rd December 2009 at 17:10. Reason: added link
Old 3rd December 2009, 17:43   #5
Senior - BHPian

Some related threads:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...hyderabad.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...c-customs.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...e-website.html

I started off a bit in my office by complaining to the VP once during a meeting, that the vehicles exiting are not taking a U-turn but going on the wrong side. (I even went to the extent of pointing out that we hire only educated people)

Result: There is a new EXIT board points towards the left. Alas, it is ignored as usual!

Maybe, these things never change in Hyderabad.

Last edited by pulsar56 : 3rd December 2009 at 17:44.
Old 3rd December 2009, 18:01   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
I started off a bit in my office by complaining to the VP once during a meeting, that the vehicles exiting are not taking a U-turn but going on the wrong side. (I even went to the extent of pointing out that we hire only educated people)...
You really said that to your VP??!!!

I would have loved to watch the expression on his face when you said that!!!
Old 3rd December 2009, 18:02   #7
BHPian

If there is one city that needs sensitizing to traffic rules, it is the city of Hyderabad!! All the best Anumod.I have moved out of the city so will not be able to directly help.

Hey Pulsar...can't give up hope man!! Try again...maybe you can get your management to introduce fines for violators from your office. In this nation of ours, nothing works like bamboo!!
Old 7th December 2009, 15:37   #8
BHPian

Hey guys, thanks for showing the interst.

Hi kraft.wagen, please provide me more details.

In the mean time I am thinking of filing a Public Interest Litigation in the court. Anybosy of you can provide me the details how to go ahead with this.

Our idea is to print the pamphlets and distribute in our locality. Once the matter is ready will inform you guys. If you have any suggestions please let me know also. I can include them as well in the plan of action.
Old 8th December 2009, 12:54   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Hi kraft.wagen, please provide me more details.
Sending you a PM, i have a huge file which i'm not sure if it can be uploaded here, so shall mail it you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks