Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2009, 11:25   #1

Converted my Innova to a taxi. Customer has disappeared with it!

Hi All,
I need some urgent help to get my vehicle back.[ KL-21-A-4819, Black Innova,tinted, stickers on the body] 3months back I converted my Innova to a taxi permit and given to rent to someone in Ernakulam.I was made to believe that they have tie up with companies and they take vehicles on rent and give it to some other companies. Even though I smell something fishy then and there itself, I had no other option to step back because of some financial crunch which forced me to convert my beloved vehicle to a taxi.

Now they gave me the rent for one month. But since the last month[the due date was 26 of every month], they didn’t turn up. Their mobiles are switched off. The office is opened rarely .The address in the bond is not true.And I don’t know where my vehicle is. I will be going to police this Saturday.I came to know that they were using it as a private vehicle .Plese advice me what can I do .

Dear friends I request you to make a note of my vehicle details and if you find it anywhere in kerala please let me know.

Vehicle No: KL-21-A-4819
Black Innova with stickers on it. Tinted glasses.
My no :9567761072
Old 10th December 2009, 11:03   #2
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear this. Best to log a complaint in police station. you have already delayed in doing this. don't expect your vehicle to be in the same state. They might have changed the color as well.
Old 10th December 2009, 11:09   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hey. This is a neat scam. Will surely keep our eyes open for the same, however I am sure this must be running on fake plates now.

What was the agreement like? Can you scan and post it here? Where is the office in TVM?
Old 10th December 2009, 17:51   #4
Senior - BHPian

Is insurance papers are in place?
Old 11th December 2009, 10:31   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

No offence, but I'll be upfront in saying this : You have asked for trouble. Neither have you taken any precautions, nor have you carried out the necessary verifications:

Quote:
I was made to believe that they have tie up with companies and they take vehicles on rent and give it to some other companies.
Made to believe? You should have cross-checked with others from the market.

Quote:
Even though I smell something fishy then and there itself
Hurried business transaction = Losses.

Quote:
Their mobiles are switched off. The office is opened rarely .The address in the bond is not true.
Should have verified their address at the least!

I think its time you get in touch with your local police station, as well as your insurance company. I do hope you had informed your insurance company of the change from private usage to commercial?
Old 11th December 2009, 10:37   #6
BHPian

will look out for this

do you have the engine number and chasis number available with you, it should be there in the RC book, post that info also,

Was the vehicle bought under finance.

sijil
Old 11th December 2009, 10:56   #7
BHPian

you can try reaching out all the checkpost people (Walayar, Kanyakumari etc) who will have a log register with them to track the movement of vehicles going in and out of KL. Try reaching them and it might help tracking the vehicle. You can atleast ensure whether the vehicle is well within the state.
Old 11th December 2009, 23:05   #8
BHPian

@mrbmuneer, my 2 cents: Now, that you're almost sure that you've been conned why don't you try to connect with the media such as manorama news (the TV channel) or similar ones. If they find your story interesting for a news item, they certainly will bring this up to the fore. You never know, there would be several others like you who have been conned. The more the victims the better the attention from the news channel which will always translate into a swifter and effective action from the police than otherwise. To summarize,
1. Lodge a complaint with the police (if you've some local leader that can accompany you to the police station things will pick up steam sooner than later).
2. Bring the media into the game
It's very unlikely that they run with the same license plate as yours if conning you was their motive.
Good luck my friend. Keep us apprised of the developments, please.
Old 12th December 2009, 07:42   #9
BHPian

there was a similar scam runnin in mumbai that was broken 2 months back. A lady from Kandivili was arrested as well.

best is to sign up with a reputed travel agency or taxi company and have the necesary legalities in place.
Old 12th December 2009, 09:34   #10
Senior - BHPian

Muneer, instead of posting "someone in Ernakulam" you should post the FULL address of the said party along with the other details.
Old 12th December 2009, 09:37   #11
Senior - BHPian

+1 to that. Kindly disclose full details and if possible post the agreement here.

I guess the OP has disappeared too.
Old 12th December 2009, 09:43   #12
Senior - BHPian

On 4th Dec. you have stated this thread after that you are missing please update the thread.
Old 14th December 2009, 13:22   #13
BHPian

I agree with GTO that you should have done atleast basic verification like existence of the office at the said address and checked with some of their so called clients as well.
Hope you have contacted the police already and have some updates about this scam.
IMO selling off the car would have been a better and safer option in case of money-crunch.
Old 14th December 2009, 13:24   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Thread should be titled:

Started a thread on TBHP and now he's disappeared along with his Innova.
Old 14th December 2009, 13:51   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Thread should be titled:

Started a thread on TBHP and now he's disappeared along with his Innova.
The guy is currently showing online and is searching forums.

I think being a newbie he is searching his thread instead of looking for it in User CP.

I think I should send him the link to the thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks