Hopefully this website can be a help

Stolen Vehicles India - Website to track Stolen Vehicles in India
Old 18th December 2009, 20:41   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishkapadia View Post
Hello All,

Sorry for late reply. I have got
1) Acknowledgement of my complaint ( with the Police Diary complain number)
2) Copy of FIR ( As per police this is done 24 hours after entry in diary )

Have filed a claim with Iffco Tokio . I am told that their guy would also pay me a visit in next 2 days.

As of now i am not exactly optimistic about getting car back . The highest chance is in 24 hours .

Next i have to wait for 1-2 months after which the police will be able to give final report.

Meanwhile i am also writing to the RTO where vehicle was registered saying that the same has been stolen and they should do a STOP TRANSFER for the same. Though i dont think any thief will be stupid enough to go to same RTO , but no harm in doing so.

By any chance any of you are aware if all rto offices in the country are centrally linked , that is to say if info about stolen Engine and Chassis number is available in MH state , will it be available also in say AP, GJ , MP etc .

Few people have told me that it would be in my best interests if car is not found , because if found it would be highly tampered and missing many parts . She having been used for anti social activity would make even worse.

Lets see how it goes . Thanks to all for their wishes.
I also think that you should send Hyundai Motors India Ltd a copy of the FIR and the theft information about the car with its registration, engine and chassis number to be informed to all dealers in he country. Many a time the car may come for repairs to some A.S.S. with some gullible buyer and the engine (even if its fitted to some other Accent) or the chassis may provide a lead if located.The registration number may have been tampered with by now and may never emerge again for display till the thieves have their hey days!
Old 18th December 2009, 20:48   #33
BHPian

Manish sad to hear about this loss; As suggested do update Hyundai Motors as this may give some leads whenever it turns up at the service stations.
Old 20th December 2009, 23:37   #34
Senior - BHPian

That is terrible news. I travel to JVPD everyday for college, and I didn't think it's an unsafe place to leave vehicles unattended. This does unsettle me to a certain extent. I got MAD, flipping mad once because my phone was stolen, I can't even imagine what you must be going through right now. I hope this gets resolved soon.

I suggest you inform Hyundai about this and give them the engine and chassis number and ask them to inform all service stations. There might be a chance then. I remember reading somewhere in Team-BHP that a stolen car was driven to Bangalore and given to the A.S.C. for a service job but the thief never came back to claim the car. I think Viddy might be in the know, I remember reading his comment somewhere in that thread.

Since I'm wierdly receptive when it comes to car numbers, will surely keep an eye out for your ride buddy. Good luck.
Old 21st December 2009, 13:16   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Hello All,
By any chance any of you are aware if all rto offices in the country are centrally linked , that is to say if info about stolen Engine and Chassis number is available in MH state , will it be available also in say AP, GJ , MP etc .
Dear Manish,

No the RTO offices are still not interlinked. how they work though is that if some body wants to transfer an other state vehicle then an NOC has be provided from the original orginating RTO
Old 21st December 2009, 18:07   #36
BHPian

@Manish : Inform HMIL customer care with your car details.If your car reports to any authorised dealer workshop anywhere in the country they will come to know and inform you and police.

But if the thieves visit any road side garage or Service station then its of no use.Still its better to inform.
Old 9th January 2010, 00:47   #37
BHPian

Had been to the police station today evening after the days work . Had to collect a letter from the cop reg an Rto formality. By now i have lost all hopes of getting the car back . The update i have is that the final report can be issued to me atleast 60 days after the fir date . That makes it about 16 feb. i think i may have to put some paperweight to get this report out quickly . Any other guys having particular experience with this with whom i could talk on PM ?

A funny thing i would like to share . People familiar with this area would know that there are a lot of scrap like cars lying outside the police station in this area. If anyone wants to see remains of the white accord involved in the accident over the worli bandra sea link its lying on the road outside the police chowkie gate.

One ladys fir case was entered today, when an already accident damaged car got half stolen ( yes half parts stolen ) by scrap pickers . I presume that this too would be lying around this police station only. I know this because i was in the police station today.

Now if it can happen outside their nose it can happen anywhere . So Bhpians dont park your cars on roads in Mumbai . If you dont have parking inside your compound gate dont buy cars. If your building is getting repaired and you cant put your car at usual parking place put the car at a friends place where it would be safe but not on road. I am paying a price for not doing this .

Having moved on, and since the family needed a car i got my accent replacement which i picked up yesterday. Will be taking some pictures this weekend and would post the same on another thread. Purchased car is ANHC white.
Old 25th August 2010, 19:04   #38
BHPian

Wanted to make an update to this thread.

I finally got the insurance cheque yesterday from Iffco Tokio. Nearly 8 months after car got stolen.
Got the Final Khatma report on 1st August and thereafter the process with insurance was quick.

It was a very long , and tedious process to get everything done right from the time of filing FIR till Going to court to getting Final report.

Only positive thing out of it is that i got the full insured value of 2.47 lacs which i probably wouldnt have got had i sold my 5 yr old car.

Experience with insurance company was quite good. They settled the claim extremely fast after getting the required papers. They had also handed over to me list of things they would need to get the claim cheque released right at the time of making the initial claim 8 months ago.

Anyway the accent chapter is over now. In case any other fellow bhpians are stuck in the process somewhere of their stolen cars they can PM me , i could give them some tips which cannot be posted publicly.

Manish
manishkapadia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2010, 20:38   #39
Senior - BHPian

good to hear that you got the full refund, though you had to manage for so long without the car.
Old 25th August 2010, 21:29   #40
MX6
Senior - BHPian

amitmech is having loads of trouble getting insurance pay up for theft of his car. Guess he should reach you. Congrats on getting your insured value!
Old 26th August 2010, 15:59   #41
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Only positive thing out of it is that i got the full insured value of 2.47 lacs which i probably wouldnt have got had i sold my 5 yr old car.
Light at the end of the tunnel after all, eh? Congrats on the settlement Manish. Though you would have had a fair share of headache with all the claim processes, atleast the financial damage was minimal.

Request : Could you please outline the step-by-step procedures for such an insurance claim? It would greatly help others. Thank you.
Old 26th August 2010, 16:57   #42
BHPian

Manish, my heart goes out to you. Glad to hear you got your settlement, as per the rules, in case of theft, the full IDV (insured declared value) will be compensated by the Insurance Company.

My own bolero (8 months old) was stolen in Feb 2010, so I am listing out some of the things I needed to do for insurance, still waiting for my cheque though. Any pointers from you will be appreciated in this regard.

1. FIR
2. Intimation to RTO regarding Stolen vehicle and their acknowledgement
3. Application to RTO to get Vehicle Information (RTO Extract of RC with stolen endorsement)
4. Original RC, Insurance policy, tax invoice, other invoices
5. Two sets of keys
6. Dumping yard certificate (that car has not gone there)
7. Intimation and acknowledgement from Financier
8. Forms 28,29,30,35 from RTO (transfer of ownership to insurance co.)
9. Pan card xerox copy
10. Bank statement (Of the loan account)
11. JMFC (judicial magistrate first class) report (available 3 months after stolen date when cops close the case)
12. Chetana form from police station (cops state investigation is complete and thieves are not apprehended)
13. Intimation via Form number (forgot will add later) to Transport commissioners office (Administrative building, near Chetana college, BKC)

In the event that any original papers were stolen along with the car, an affidavit on 100 rupees stamp paper stating the same.

Stay in touch with the Cop investigating your case.
Stay in touch with the insurance official handling your file.
Stay in touch with the external investigator (if any) sent by insurance company to validate the case.

The minute all documents and claim form are sent to the insurance company, get a letter from them listing all the submitted documents, date they were submitted, receiving officer's name, branch manager's name. This will ensure they do not create delays asking for documents later, that have already been submitted.

Any clout at the Police Stn, Court, Insurance co. will only help speed things up. A suitably experienced RTO agent will help get that work complete quickly, it is just not worth entering the RTO ourselves.

God Bless,
Sriku

Last edited by sriku : 26th August 2010 at 17:04. Reason: Some typo's and grammar edits.
Old 26th August 2010, 19:35   #43
BHPian

I had my original papers ( RCBOOK )too stolen from the vehicle.
I had to get another copy of the RC book from pune RTO.

The steps you have outlined are in more or less in order.

One thing that you missed out is Letter of Subrogation . The format of this letter is given by insurance company. It has to be made on a Rs 100 Non judicial stamp paper and duly notarised.
This basically states that in case the vehicle is found at a later date then you will purchase the same back from insurance company.

I had to give this to iffco tokio.

Things that you need to take care of ( and they are important but not mentioned) . These can be considered as Tips.

I am in particular not mentioning details about documents reqd because that is something that is open knowledge.

1) On FIR you have to ensure that the inspector writes the loss value same as the IDV value on the insurance paper.

I am saying this because in my case there was a discrepancy of Rs 500 , FIR being of a lesser amount and this same amount was NOT given by Iffco Tokio and in their claim settlement note it was deducted as Over Insured by Rs 500.

It may be needed to convince them to write this same amount. Hope you understand.

2) After you get the FIR copy from the police chowkie , do not followup too much with them asking them to expedite sending your papers to court. They cannot do that for you.
I would say there is also no need to follow up if your car was found. There is absolutely zero chances of vehicles being traced these days.

If you bug the inspector to send your papers quickly to court then it just gives them a chance to take little extra from you . In any case they have to do it in 3 months - 4 months time as part of their routine.

3) 90 + days after the FIR go and see inspector and ask him the name of the
court kartoon from that police station who sits in the court and Court room number. There are generally more than 2-3 court rooms in big courts in cities.
Reconfirm that the inspector has sent papers to court already.

4) Meet the court kartoon asking him to put your papers before magistrate.
Paper weight is reqd here . If you know a lawyer just take him with you , that will help reduce your outflow of cash. I did that

5) The day the case is put forth before the magistrate your physical appearance before magistrate is a must . It normally happens only on saturdays in Mumbai

6) Insist that the court Kartoon makes Certified true copy of the Khatma report and hands over the same to you . Original is always kept with police station for their record.

Along with other documents that are usually already submitted to insurance company by now the last 2 things that are given are

A) Final report copy ( Certified by police chowkie )
B) Subrogation letter.

In my case i also had an insurance broking firm who handles pretty much all of our insurance related work . So dont know if that helped expedite the claim settlement.

Anyone having any specific questions can post here or PM to me.

Manish.
Old 30th August 2010, 13:08   #44
BHPian

Quote:

3) 90 + days after the FIR go and see inspector and ask him the name of the
court kartoon from that police station who sits in the court and Court room number. There are generally more than 2-3 court rooms in big courts in cities.
Reconfirm that the inspector has sent papers to court already.

I have just taken the Court kartoon (?) name and will meet him this week. It has been 6 months since my vehicle was stolen, however for the past 2 months, I am waiting for the court's report.
4) Meet the court kartoon asking him to put your papers before magistrate.
Paper weight is reqd here . If you know a lawyer just take him with you , that will help reduce your outflow of cash. I did that
Thanks for this tip. Will do as you say.

5) The day the case is put forth before the magistrate your physical appearance before magistrate is a must . It normally happens only on saturdays in Mumbai

6) Insist that the court Kartoon makes Certified true copy of the Khatma report and hands over the same to you . Original is always kept with police station for their record.

Along with other documents that are usually already submitted to insurance company by now the last 2 things that are given are

A) Final report copy ( Certified by police chowkie )
B) Subrogation letter.

Manish.
Thanks for the above tips, at least now I have a roadmap of what is to come.

Cheers,
Sriku
Old 31st July 2014, 04:13   #45
BHPian

Re: Car Stolen Need help

Bumping into an old thread.

Trace stolen vehicles with a click.

Source link: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/39319578.cms

Quote:
HYDERABAD: Finding it tough to locate your missing car with the cops also unable to provide clues? Do not worry anymore, as your vehicle car can now be traced with the click of a mouse.

Everyday about 10-12 vehicles are stolen from across the city, and often its number plates are changed or the car is given a fresh coat of paint to hoodwink the cops. In that scenario, not just the owner but even the cops find it difficult to trace the car.

To crack this conundrum and come to the rescue of the cops and denizens, the Insurance Information Bureau (IIB) has come up with a new service called V-Seva, wherein it has begun collecting data from all stakeholders, including the general public, police and insurers to create a unique database.

"There are many cases where the police find it difficult to track down stolen vehicles, because they make their way to different state. There are thousands of vehicles which are left unclaimed in the Cyberabad police limits itself. For this purpose we have come up with a new project called V-Seva," said R Raghavan, CEO, IIB

"With this plan in place, the police can find out if a particular vehicle is stolen or was involved in an accident going by its insurance data as summarized by the insurer," he said.

The services provided by the institution will not only help the owners claim their vehicles, but also help the police in identifying stolen vehicles and track them.

"It is a great idea as often harried vehicle owners run from pillar to post looking for the vehicle, but if we have enough data and can match it with a car's chassis and engine number, finding a stolen vehicle and tracing its owner would be easy," said a senior police officer.

Not just that, the database comprising stolen vehicle recovery information system, vehicle insurance status search system and accident information, can also be accessed by the police. Information pertaining to the recovery of the vehicles can be accessed by the public and the insurance claim history by the insurer.

"The services would help the insurers, enforcement agencies and the affected public," said the CEO.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks