Hello all,

I write this with trembling hands.
Yesterday night my silver accent has got stolen from 9th road JVPD . Mumbai

Just few days back i had posted a long term ownership review on

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ry-review.html

Following is the car details in case anyone spots the same

Colour : Silver
Reg No : MH12-CK-5116

Posting some pictures as well . As you can see it was in absolute superb condition.

I have just come from the police station and got the car details registered there as well as informed the insurance company.

Police inspector said they do a search for 24-36 hours and will register my FIR tomorrow night.

If any of the BHPIANS spot the vehicle please please please give me a call on +91.9920516101

Feel so lost and shaken . dont know what to do.

Manish.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Stolen Need help-1.jpg  

Car Stolen Need help-2.jpg  

Old 16th December 2009, 11:11   #2
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Manish,

Have you checked at Juhu and Versova police station if the car has been towed?
Old 16th December 2009, 11:18   #3
Senior - BHPian

Fir should have been registered against your complaint and not in next day night?
Is this the practise?.
Does this mean that Police will try to search for one day and then register the FIR !
Has the car been stolen from your house/compound or from the roadside parking?
Old 16th December 2009, 11:25   #4
Senior - BHPian

I know how it must be feeling Manish, however, in case of the worst possible scenario, I hope the car at least has comprehensive insurance. Also hope that you get your car back soon.
Old 16th December 2009, 11:34   #5
BHPian

That's bad. I think by this time there is high probability you car color has been changed and also number plate.

Lodge FIR and claim insurance and i think it'll take some 3-6 months to get back the money from insurance.

I wish you get your car back soon.
Old 16th December 2009, 11:36   #6
Senior - BHPian

thats sad to hear. It must be very painful to find the car stolen. its a well maintained vehicle. What all security devices you had in your car ?

Also, I guess that the police must be trying to ascertain from other police stations etc for towing away before they can lodge the FIR, else FIR itself means First Information Report and should be lodged by them immediately.

Hope you get your car back ASAP in the same condition.
Old 16th December 2009, 11:37   #7
Team-BHP Support

Hyundais are the most stolen cars in Mumbai.
Keep a look out on the south bound routes. It's there that these cars are generally taken.
Old 16th December 2009, 11:54   #8
BHPian

Car got stolen from outside the compund of the house .
Reason car was there was because the compound is under repairs :(

It has full comprehensive insurance . IDV 2,47,000.

Car isnt towed . Its definately missing. I had Pirhana Central locking on the same thats it. All sets of car keys and remote are with me .
Even i am surprised why the FIR will be registered tomorrow instead of today. But the inspector insisted that they give our car information to all police stations and register an FIR next day only.
Ironically car is stolen from the same place where this photograph has been taken.

Manish.
Old 16th December 2009, 11:59   #9
BHPian

The police inspector also said that If the car has left Maharashtra for say Assam / Bihar then there is less chance of getting it back . If still in MH state then maybe.

The thing is that last time car was seen was at night . In 8-12 hours it could have been taken out of state also.
Old 16th December 2009, 12:12   #10
Senior - BHPian

Hey Manish, really sad to hear about your car. Hope you get it soon.

Regarding the FIR , it is a normal practice as they would have taken your complaint and given it a diary number. once the diary no. is there, its as good as a FIR.

BTW isn't Piranha one of the best Anti-Theft Systems available. Befoxes me how one can bypass it to steal
Old 16th December 2009, 13:06   #11
Senior - BHPian

Tough luck but thank god for comprehensive insurance. Still, I know it doesn't make up for losing a car you've owned for so long.
Old 16th December 2009, 13:16   #12
BHPian

This is very disturbing Manish. Sorry to hear about your loss. My two cents here: We had a car stolen some years back. It was missing for about a MONTH and we were running from pillar to post trying to get the cops to do something about it. It was found in a lane next to Siddhivinayak 5 weeks later.

My point here is that there is a chance that the car may not have left the city or state so don't let the cops give you that excuse and sleep over it. Push them to send out wireless messages and ask for updates. I pray you find the car soon.
Old 16th December 2009, 13:35   #13
Senior - BHPian

imo, FIR copy (registered on the day of theft) is required for Insurance company to
proceed further. So, important, you see that FIR registered on the date when you made the complaint to the Police Station (hope you have given the complaint in writing?). My doubt is that without a case being registered(FIR), on what basis they will ask other police stations to search the car?
Old 16th December 2009, 14:38   #14
BHPian

Don't worry. Was there any loan outstanding and loan agent taken it by mistake?
Sometime private bank guys do it by mistake. Let insurance company know it asap with your letter atleast. Many insurance companies expect you (owner) report the incident in 24 hrs on plain paper with or without FIR. Contact your insurance agent and also see lawyer who handles insurance cases. He can guide you. If you had any mobile phone in car, don't give a ring on that no. It can help police to track the vehicle provided you give mobile no to them. I am not sure but most of outgoing roads from Mumbai have toll naka, if car have passed thru any one of them, they can tell you in minutes as all toll naka have comps, (hoping thief have not change no. plate). Also visit insurance office and ask about complete procedure in detail, may be someone from insurance agent or survaour can help.
Old 16th December 2009, 15:30   #15
BHPian

There was no pending loan against the car. Loan was cleared 2 years back.
So no chance of loan agents having picked the vehicle.

My insurance is through an insurance broking firm which handles all claims . They have already informed about the missing car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks