Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2009, 22:03   #16
Senior - BHPian

People's way of venting out frustration I guess.
By the way what is it with using the term 'locals'. Just to say we are different from them?
Old 17th December 2009, 22:08   #17
Senior - BHPian

Isn't there any other better way to express anger/resentment regarding a situation? Trust Indians to cause further problems, and affect the lives of thousands of commuters!
Old 17th December 2009, 22:48   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy View Post
Ben, Where do you stay? I stay in Maratha Halli right in front of Purva Apts, we can catch up and say hello if you stay nearby sometime.
We can surely meet up. I stay near Home Town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
You replied at 7:29PM saying your wife reached at 7:35. Just joking.
Good catch, Akas. Actually i'd talked to her on the phone, and updated the time taking into account the time it would take for her bus to arrive at her stop. She was close to the JP Morgan campus then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
People's way of venting out frustration I guess.
By the way what is it with using the term 'locals'. Just to say we are different from them?
I guess it was a general reference to the people staying around the area in question, who were responsible for the agitation.
Old 17th December 2009, 22:51   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Isn't there any other better way to express anger/resentment regarding a situation? Trust Indians to cause further problems, and affect the lives of thousands of commuters!
It is not just frustration. This it to "get things done".

As per news, Police did not even register an FIR. I bet they would be pressured into working on this case now.
Old 18th December 2009, 09:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

Happened last year too. On hosur road but near Dairy circle. There was a problem with the computer of the rationing dept. And was not fixed since 2 days. And there was just 1 day remaning. Smelling a rat the affected people held up traffic which choked major arteries of south Bangalore. The authorities came and after soothing them down we could see the traffic move. The computer was required for snapping photos of the ones queing up for rationing their needs. So I guess, this works, and hence they do it. If this is the way to get noticed and get demands heard then people are going to do it. Sadly of course.
Old 18th December 2009, 11:09   #21
Team-BHP Support

Not a word of this in the newspapers today
Old 18th December 2009, 11:20   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Not a word of this in the newspapers today

Cant believe a entire strech of NH7, and a prominent industrial/IT hub was BLOCKED for a good 2 hours (during evening rush hour) and not even a Local paper covered it.

No offense to Mumbai guys (I was born there and most of relatives are there) - but 4-5 cars bang up and 1-2 dead on a bridge is enough to get national coverage of PRINT & TV media!!!

Hundreds die across in road accidents in India every day!! Why arent those same TV channels bothered?

Why the step motherly treatment?

Last edited by svsantosh : 18th December 2009 at 11:21.
Old 18th December 2009, 11:23   #23
Senior - BHPian

^^ Guess what the scene I narrated post #20 too did not get the coverage. Maybe the local TV news did. Did you guys check that ?
Old 18th December 2009, 11:34   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post

Cant believe a entire strech of NH7, and a prominent industrial/IT hub was BLOCKED for a good 2 hours (during evening rush hour) and not even a Local paper covered it.

No offense to Mumbai guys (I was born there and most of relatives are there) - but 4-5 cars bang up and 1-2 dead on a bridge is enough to get national coverage of PRINT & TV media!!!

Hundreds die across in road accidents in India every day!! Why arent those same TV channels bothered?

Why the step motherly treatment?
I do remember star news was reporting live for "Commissioner ka Kutta" is missing and after sometime breaking news for the same.

To get mileage, one of the news channels I guess " headlines today" had a slot discussing " Is southern part not getting enough of coverage, blah blah when it comes to reporting issues"..
Old 18th December 2009, 12:05   #25
Senior - BHPian

The mango-man (aam-aadmi) does not care about thousands of IT nerds caught in a traffic jam for a couple of hours. (He may even derive a sadistic pleasure out of their misery)

Newspapers and TV channels are more interested in covering masala news for their intended audience (the mango-man).

Rohan,
Bangalore

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks