Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2005, 14:11   #1
Senior - BHPian

Help required from fellow Bhp'ians to plan a trip

Guys:

We have planned for trip in October first week from Chennai. We decided upon on GOA. But few of the guys were not able to take two days off, we cut short the tour to three days. It's not possible to tour Goa within this time frame.

I was impressed by Gaganchukki falls near Bangalore upon seeing the pictures posted by Great Drive. He said it was 130 kms from Bangalore.

Since it's a three day trip, I would like to check what are the other places that could be impressive near this Gaganchuki falls ( guys love hill station and water falls).

Starting Friday night train from Chennai to <Yet to decide>
Leaving back < needs to decide> to Chennai on Monday night

Anyone help me please to finalize one asap
Old 23rd August 2005, 14:12   #2
Senior - BHPian

You can plan on Mysore, Bandipur and Ooty.
Old 23rd August 2005, 14:18   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon
You can plan on Mysore, Bandipur and Ooty.
At what distance is this GANGANCHIKKU falls located from Mysore. What's the travel time from Mysore to Bandipur?

Mysore - Ganganchikkufalls - Bandipur

Is the above route possible? will close that with help from you guys
Old 23rd August 2005, 14:26   #4
Senior - BHPian

the best way if you want to plan that trip is:

start from chennai and travel down to b'lore (5-6 hours).
from bangalore, take the kanakapura road and travel to shivanasamudram (gaganachukki). from there to mysore, it can be upto around 60-70 km i believe. (do not know the actual distance, but should be within this range).
bandipur is around 80 km from mysore on the ooty road. you can carry on for further 80 km to reach ooty if you have the time to do so. or, if you want to explore kerala a bit, you can start from mysore on the ooty road and after nanjangud, you can take a right to wynad. it is supposed to be very beautiful. once on the ooty road, you have many options; bandipur and ooty/conoor, wynad. if on the other hand you want to travel towards coorg from mysore, you can do that too. coorg is another 100 odd km from mysore towards mangalore. ofcourse mysore is also a good place to visit.
Old 23rd August 2005, 14:27   #5
Senior - BHPian

a small correction:

from bangalore to shivanasamudram, it is around 80 km and from there to mysore, it is another 70-80km.
Old 23rd August 2005, 14:37   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
a small correction:

from bangalore to shivanasamudram, it is around 80 km and from there to mysore, it is another 70-80km.
Great Drive mentioned it's 130 kms drive from Bangalore to Shivanasamudram

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7019. Please clarify me on this

Also remember we are traveling by public transport not on cars

Last edited by Surprise : 23rd August 2005 at 14:44.
Old 23rd August 2005, 14:43   #7
Senior - BHPian

then he should be right. i haven't travelled on that stretch for years and i dont remember it offhand. he did the drive fairly newly and i am sure he is right.
Old 23rd August 2005, 14:43   #8
cnu
BHPian

Shivanasamudram is about 130 km from bangalore.. and about 80 km from mysore...
There are many places around mysore which you can plan....

Checkout the links...

http://www.naveenmysore.com/mysore/aroundmysore.htm

http://www.ourkarnataka.com/states/m...ore_around.htm
Old 23rd August 2005, 14:49   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnu
Shivanasamudram is about 130 km from bangalore.. and about 80 km from mysore...
There are many places around mysore which you can plan....

Checkout the links...

http://www.naveenmysore.com/mysore/aroundmysore.htm

http://www.ourkarnataka.com/states/m...ore_around.htm

Thanks for the information.

Mysore - Ganganchikku falls - Bandipur. Is that falls on the same route or Ganganchikku and Bandipur are on opposite direction
Old 23rd August 2005, 15:04   #10
BHPian

Surprise,
In three days you wud waste more time travelling to GOA and back ... And if u really need to chill in GOA then u have to stay atleast 3 full days there ... Try something in the south itself ..
Cheers
EVO6
Old 23rd August 2005, 15:05   #11
dev
BHPian

Sorry to disturb this thread..
But I am also planning to have a trip to Mysore and near by places...
Starting on 26th August Morning from Bangalore and should return by 29th August.

Can anyone plan my trip.. like route journey and the places to visit in order and the time takes?

I am new pretty new to Karnataka and not aware of much places... so, pls guide me..

thank u.
Old 23rd August 2005, 17:44   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVO6
Surprise,
In three days you wud waste more time travelling to GOA and back ... And if u really need to chill in GOA then u have to stay atleast 3 full days there ... Try something in the south itself ..
Cheers
EVO6
Initially it was a 5 day trip, since the participants were not comfortable taking off for a day, we decided to cut short the tour to 3 days and decided to take Mysore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev
Sorry to disturb this thread..
Dev, it is good that you have opted the same thread rather than opting to open one new. Mods would appreciate you on this

Guys: Please let me know whether Ganganchikku and Bandipur are on opposite direction or on the same route from Mysore to Ooty. I heard that there are cottages available in Bandipur forests. Is it true? If it's available, is there any option from booking it from Chennai.
Old 23rd August 2005, 18:09   #13
Senior - BHPian

there are two routes to mysore from bangalore; one, the traditional bangalore-mysore highway. the other one is the one which goes via kanakapur. i guess the kanakapur one is around 20-30 km longer. gaganachukki is on the second route. after kanakapur, you should be taking the same highway until you hit a place called malavalli. fro there, one road goes to mysore and this one continues to coimbatore i guess (not too sure). after a few kms after malavalli (dont remember how much), you will hit a detour which will take you to shivanasamudram. you can ask for gaganachukki there. after that, you can traverse the same route to malavalli and join the mysore road till mysore. from there you can take the ooty road. i am not sure whether there is a route connecting malavalli to the ooty road. they both sort of run at an angle (acute angle ) and you may have to check with the locals there to figure out if there is a route.
Old 23rd August 2005, 19:44   #14
BHPian

Hi Surprise,

Since you are planning the trip in October, I am not sure if you can find the same amount of water flowing in cauvery. Best time is anywhere in near future till mid September and after that water level may start reducing. but Still Gaganchukki is nice place to visit, please have your Lunch before you reach there as you wont find Restaurant in near vicinity.

You can also plan to go to Mekedatu which is also near Kanakpura Road. You can find all this info on google.

You can get staying option in Bandipur Forest, ask someone who has gone there or check it again on google baba.

have a nice and safe trip

Cheers
Old 23rd August 2005, 20:26   #15
BHPian

night safari

Quote:
the best way if you want to plan that trip is:

start from chennai and travel down to b'lore (5-6 hours).
from bangalore, take the kanakapura road and travel to shivanasamudram (gaganachukki). from there to mysore, it can be upto around 60-70 km i believe. (do not know the actual distance, but should be within this range).
bandipur is around 80 km from mysore on the ooty road. you can carry on for further 80 km to reach ooty if you have the time to do so. or, if you want to explore kerala a bit, you can start from mysore on the ooty road and after nanjangud, you can take a right to wynad. it is supposed to be very beautiful. once on the ooty road, you have many options; bandipur and ooty/conoor, wynad. if on the other hand you want to travel towards coorg from mysore, you can do that too. coorg is another 100 odd km from mysore towards mangalore. ofcourse mysore is also a good place to visit.

Is there a night safari in Bandipur np..............

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks