Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2009, 13:26   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
when you moved to the right lane, in order to make a U-turn, did you have your indicator on?
If not, may be this guy thought, you are blocking his way and hence the reaction.

Regards,
read his post. he says he signalled right well in advance.
Old 26th December 2009, 13:45   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Dude, if u wanna race, pls select some open stretches. Next time u try something funny like this, i'll surely run you off the road, whoever u are

Being a member of the forum, would you want to react the way the other guy did ? Would this bring any pride to our forum at all.

I suggest refrain from such things. TIT FOR TAT should not be the mantra ? Instead befriend him and teach him a lesson or two in nicer ways.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 26th December 2009 at 13:46.
Old 26th December 2009, 13:46   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Unfortunate. I doubt he is a BHPian as I don't recollect seeing such a car anywhere on the forum.

And if he is one, about time you start driving safe pal.
Old 26th December 2009, 14:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

Dear JayD
Do you remember his number. I would also try to locate this petrol indica so that the guy could be adviced on better driving habits.

Last edited by rajeev k : 26th December 2009 at 14:02. Reason: additions
Old 26th December 2009, 14:01   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Unfortunate. I doubt he is a BHPian as I don't recollect seeing such a car anywhere on the forum.

And if he is one, about time you start driving safe pal.
I have spotted a WB registered Red Swift in Kolkata with team BHP stickers - when i asked the owner if he is a member - he said he is - with handle petrol head - i could not find anyone with a swift/kolkata/handle name. Also spotted a Brown Ikon with team BHP stickers - i doubt if he is a member.

Distribution of extra stickers to friends and family members has disadvantages IMO.

the "GOT BHP" sticker is the BEST of the lot - but in my opinion it may attract wrong attention. The L2D sticker is sober.

I hope the owner reads the opening post and start driving carefully.

Take care and Drive Safe.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 26th December 2009 at 14:06.
Old 26th December 2009, 14:13   #21
BHPian

I have had 3 similar experiences in Pune and the funny part is on all the occasions the cars had the "Live to Drive" sticker. I am pretty sure none of them was a BHP'ian.

If you observe : the "TBHP" part is the smallest (least noticeable) in the "LTD" sticker. I guess that is why that particular sticker is popular amongst "non BHPians." In fact if you cut the TBHP URL on the left side of the sticker it won't be a TBHP sticker anymore !! It would just be a "Live to Drive" sticker.

I am sure in most cases of bad experiences with a BHP'ian, the culprit car is being driven by a non-BHPian. What we as members can do is to NOT distribute these stickers to anyone.
Old 26th December 2009, 14:56   #22
Senior - BHPian

Time ripe for personalized TBHP decals? For e.g. the "Live to Drive" sticker ordered by JayD will also bear "JayD" something like a watermark. On my stickers "sandeepmdas" should be legible. You cant order them for the current price, but....
Old 26th December 2009, 15:08   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Time ripe for personalized TBHP decals? For e.g. the "Live to Drive" sticker ordered by JayD will also bear "JayD" something like a watermark. On my stickers "sandeepmdas" should be legible. You cant order them for the current price, but....
Exactly what i had in mind.

But making such customization will add to the cost by a large amount (since a bhpian will buy at the most 2 set) - and that needs to be bourne by the BHPian. Also delivery time will increase.

@ Mods - before the next set is out - can you guys chalk out by how much more the cost will go up. i know that it is not feasible but still...

In the mean time we can restrict the distribution of extra stickers.

1. Can a non-bhpian (without logging into team BHP with his handle) buy a sticker?
2. Can we restrict the number of posts before which a BHPian cannot purchase the stickers (Something like min post count before access to his own garage)?

Last edited by planet_rocker : 26th December 2009 at 15:09.
Old 26th December 2009, 15:36   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post

1. Can a non-bhpian (without logging into team BHP with his handle) buy a sticker?
Yes !! Anybody can buy the stickers.

Last edited by amoghchaphalkar : 26th December 2009 at 15:38.
Old 26th December 2009, 15:39   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
Yes !! Anybody can buy the stickers.
ooops! that is the bad part :(

Can't the mods restrict that thing?
Old 26th December 2009, 16:11   #26
BHPian

Quote:
ooops! that is the bad part

Can't the mods restrict that thing?
Forget restricting , i have heard that these stickers are available in the open market here in Bangalore.
Old 26th December 2009, 17:13   #27
BHPian

For genuinity of TBHP stickers why not have a 5 or 6 digit code(eg AF324 OR XS4332) somewhere on the sticker with a easily readable font. A sticker set for an individual should have the same numbers. Just log the sticker numbers against buyers. Now you can connect the stickers to TBHP members.

Of Course, with these additional details and logging, the production cost of stickers will go up. However, for exclusivity and genuinity that's the price we pay.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 26th December 2009, 17:30   #28
BHPian

One of my friend happened to tell me that the TBHP stickers are available on Double road in Bangalore where there are lots of shops that deals with vehicle accessories
Old 26th December 2009, 18:43   #29
Senior - BHPian

A Ferrari sticker on an Indicab does not make it a Ferrari, right?
Similarily, a TBHP sticker on a car does not necessarily make the driver a TBHPian either.
amitoj is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2009, 19:24   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
A Ferrari sticker on an Indicab does not make it a Ferrari, right?
Similarily, a TBHP sticker on a car does not necessarily make the driver a TBHPian either.
Well said Amit.

People it was just a bad overtaking incident.There is no need to get excited and start creating war scale footing preparations to avoid it in future.What is the guarantee that a real sincere t-bhp member also will not behave in the manner the person in question just did.And what if you create so many security features like serial number and handles embossed on the sticker.For christ's sake its just a sticker.
Whoever was driving that Indica, may it be a t-bhp member or not, he will soon learn a lesson if he keeps driving this way.
I guess we are going way too over by creating serial numbers,handle engravings and what not on the sticker.Lets give it a rest.Just my 2 cents.I understand that people may have a diffference of opinion here and may want to flame me for this kind of a reply but honestly my intentions were good and no point in wasting our time on somebody who will not even be a t-bhpian as lots of members pointed out.

Most Viewed