Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2005, 09:37   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandev
Pranil - I'm having desi - Indica LSi (Petrol) and it is going so far so good. I reside at Kulswamini Residency, its a newly constructed building currently painted in white, I'm there on 4th floor. Opp. to tennis court or say front side of RV.

What do u drive? Keep writing and drive safe.

Tried to PM you but box is full.

Should get together some time Clear your incbox asnd PM me so we can exchange phone numbers and adress
Old 3rd September 2005, 17:50   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
how on earth I see it here and not in actually
Must be a Bajaj Auto commercial, showing the strenght of that Bajaj LOL.

i really dont understand how this happened. Really sad.But i guess the lady( any one can do it even men but its women who are genuinely not intrested to drive) must have hit the divider. After which even a M5 will topple. Sad but True.
Old 6th October 2006, 01:15   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia
may be the car hit the auto a bit, the lady panicked and turned around and hit a divider and then the car flipped. because there is no way that the city could overturn with just a small hit to the auto

No ways it can be done by just a small hit from an auto. The lady should've done some thing seriously wrong after the accident that the car decided to give up!!
Old 6th October 2006, 02:01   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer
Clearly shows what honda is made of .....

Safety is one area where i dont trust the japanese at all , no matter what f**** ratings they get , but somewhere down the line i feel very insecure when i seat in a japanese car and moreover when they are locally made ....

p.s I dont understand *** Honda as a brand is rated so high in india !
I mean IMO it has nothing so called outstanding except the Engine ....
I would say a Hyundai is a better bet and much more safe ...

Well , to believe this , i would suggest go and ve a seat in the new sonata and then the Honda accord , make both cars run at high speed ... It wont take more than few seconds for you to understand which one is more safer ...
dude .. your logic is hilarious .. you have NO idea what happened .. but just because a honda overturned you think its unsafe .. hello !!

Japanese cars are built on the principle of crumple zones that divert damage AWAY from the cabin, doesn't mean they are not supposed to get dented or damaged !! They are simply supposed to keep the occupants safe and they do a darn good job at that.

you comparing an Accord with a Sonata .. .. btw, i've sat in an accord and a sonata at high speeds, couldn't figure out which was safer .. how did you do it .. ??
Old 6th October 2006, 03:38   #35
BHPian

Beemer, your feelings towards Honda and jap cars in general notwithstanding, the success of the Hondas in US speak otherwise.
Old 6th October 2006, 04:04   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet
Japanese cars are built on the principle of crumple zones that divert damage AWAY from the cabin, doesn't mean they are not supposed to get dented or damaged !! They are simply supposed to keep the occupants safe and they do a darn good job at that.

That's a Very Good point manveet. When ever we see accident met vehicles, we just assume by the level of damage to the vehicle that the passengers/driver might have hurt badly .but this is not true with the latest generation cars. The car will get most of the impact and protect the passengers. That's how they are build. If we look at the crash testing procedure and the rating system, they asses the damage to the passengers not the CARS.
So the Safety * rating is not for the cars it's for the People inside the car.

So even in this case the lady who drove the car is safe. That’s the success of Honda safety.
Old 6th October 2006, 12:33   #37
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaa45
i think women ( i m a woman but still saying this) should not drive big cars until they are confident of drving the same at highways. panic button is always most active amongst women so they should always take care of not to panic with just an auto hitting the car. may be damage would have been lesser if she woudnt have looked behind to see what hit her. imagin if it would have been bus or truck then she would have landed straight on the flyover above the highway at khargar.
You are absolutely right that women in general tend to panic a lot quicker than men. But with practice, anybody can develop the correct reflexes, which are absolutely vital in an emergency because in most of these situations, you are not reacting consciously -- the good driving habits that you develop in normal driving will have to kick in and save your neck. If you are a good driver, your foot will hit the brake pedal in an emergency even before you realize it, but you will only brake and/or swerve precisely to the extent required. In my experience many women over-react in panic and get themselves and others into trouble. In this case all the lady probably needed to do was slow down gradually and park in a safe place to check the damage caused by the auto.

I blame our corrupt and inefficient RTOs, which issue licenses to anybody without proper driving tests. This type of bad driving can easily be spotted at properly conducted driving tests. Such drivers will have to be sent back for more practice before being issued licenses.

Last edited by rks : 6th October 2006 at 12:36.
Old 6th October 2006, 12:49   #38
DRC
BHPian

No comments about the safety of the car or women's reflexes, but Hats off to the lady who is mighty enough to turtle turn the car .
Old 6th October 2006, 13:05   #39
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC
No comments about the safety of the car or women's reflexes, but Hats off to the lady who is mighty enough to turtle turn the car .
I agree -- to make a relatively big car like Honda City turn turtle is quite some feat, that too upon being tapped from behind by an auto.

Which brings to mind another question -- why did the auto hit her from behind in the first place? I suspect the auto driver committed the cardinal sin of following a lady driver too closely -- maybe he was gaping at her instead of the road? My long years of experience tell me that you have to be extra-alert when following lady drivers because many women tend to slow down abruptly when you are least expecting it, say, when they see someone crossing the road far ahead. No offense meant to women -- as I said, all drivers need to be put through more rigorous tests before being issued driving licences.
Old 6th October 2006, 14:59   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Atleast now we can confirm that the NHC has its petrol tank underneath the front seating area
Old 9th October 2006, 13:36   #41
BHPian

the car is too tall so higher centre of gravity, it must have contributed a lot to its flip.
Old 26th October 2006, 04:54   #42

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

the honda rolled over and played dead..woof woof
im trying to imagine what the auto driver would have been thinkin.
he must have spread a lot of talk about his auto hitting a nhc and toppling it over.:"My auto is strongest"

Most Viewed