Team-BHP - Lost my dear friends to road accident
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Lost my dear friends to road accident (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/73282-lost-my-dear-friends-road-accident.html)

It is a very sad day for me for I lost two of my best friends in a car accident yesterday. My friend who is recently married had come from US for a break and since his visa renewal got delayed, he had ample free time. So he and another of our friend with three others went to mangalore for a trip. But as fate would have it three of them died while returning in Periyapatna due to a road accident.
The Hindu : Karnataka / Mysore News : Three killed in road accident
It is a tragic loss for their family and me personally. The zen in which they were travelling collided with a truck. It appears that the truck driver was not at fault as one of my friends who was driving was sleepy and momentariy went on to the path of an oncomming truck. The impact was so much that it took one hour to extricate the driver.
The other friend who was in the front seat suffered head injury and also died on the spot. Out of the three who were in the back seat one died on the way to hospital and two are in hospital with one critical.

To make the matters worse the police had to be bribed with 20,000 to release the body and they have stolen the expensive mobile(N95) of my friend and the money of those in the car. They returned about Rs.400 and other low cost handsets as recovered articles. This we know because the truck driver admitted that he handed over several thousand rupees in cash and 7 mobile phones to the police. These police are the very criminals of our society and are like sharks. I wish they burn in Hell for what they do.

I miss my friends terribly and I request to all those driving to drive safely and be sober. Please, please never over speed on the highway even for a momentary adernaline rush and end up as tied baggage at your home.

Please if not for your sake, for the sake of the near and dear ones , your family and friends- Drive safely.

My friends who were young and wanted to live their dreams lost their life in a flash and have bought untold sufferring to their dear ones.

I am still in a shock and can't believe that they are no more.

That is very sad indeed. My condolences to the near and dear ones of the deceased.

R.I.P.

I know the pain of losing a loved one in an accident. Its very sad to know about the loss. My heartfelt condolences to the near and dear ones.

Thats pretty sad indeed. Losing near and dear ones is never easy.
My heartfelt condolences to their family and friends.

This is dreadfully sad. The loss of the items is an unforgivable aspect in what is already a tragedy; that those in official position should show such disrespect to the dead and to their families is just disgusting.

Condolences, Zak. You show your clarity of mind and fairness of judgment in your remarks about the accident and the lessons to be learnt --- but what painful lessons.

Oh mad Gosh Thats very sad man! My condolances to the family and friends. RIP!

Very very sad. Loss of life that too at a young age is biggest loss than some valuable item and money taken by the cops.

Condolences..What else can say now!

My deepest condolences, Zaks.
How miserable can the Police get? Robbing the dead!

I feel terrible for your loss. RIP.

My deepest condolences Zaks. May they all Rest in Peace.
May God give You, their family and friends courage and strength.

Their family will be in my prayers tonight.

Sad. My deepest condolences. May You, their family and friends find the courage to face the situation.

Your words on the lessons to be learned are true, it is for each of us to practice them for a better today & tomorrow.

thats really sad.may their souls rest and peace.my condolences to their familys.

So unfortunate. Condolences to the families of the departed souls. Hope the 2 injured survive and recover.

Dozing off (even momentarily) at the wheel is extremely dangerous, and it seems not too easy to predict and/or prevent. Normally, people don't focus much on this aspect to road safety, looking at drunk driving, speeding, rash driving etc instead !
Please take rest/break if feeling sleepy, and limit driving hours, dont do long drives when deprived of sleep...

Very sad. My condolences to their families.

Zaks this is really sad. I'm really sorry to hear this news, What can one say in moments like these. I hope you and the family of those three are able to cope with this loss. I know life won't be the same again but you have to be strong.