Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2010, 11:58   #16
BANNED

I am happy to co operate with all kind of checks but these duffers should trained enough or atleast should be knowing that what they have to look for, forget the boot even many times i carried lots of stuff in rear seat but they wer not bothered to check whats there inside, think if someone really carries something hazardious in his car below bonnet?Are they trained enought to catch that kind of hidden thing or loaded with equipnemt to catch.Its high time to highlight this issue before something serious happens.
Old 15th January 2010, 11:59   #17
Senior - BHPian

maybe you were part of an experiment like this one
BBC News - Slovaks plant explosives on air traveller
Old 15th January 2010, 12:00   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
You drive up and get to know 100 kgs of RDX in your beloved vehicle. Your whole life must have flashed by in an instance after listening to that.

Oh man, you and the Accent guy must be the talk of the whole campus today.

This is right out of that hidden camera videos we see on TV.
Yeah thats what.I was betting on whether I will faint or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anainar View Post
Wow! You should be happy that you are an instant star in your company! How many IT guys get the luxury of being RDX carriers?

Jokes apart, it is disturbing when some one ransacks the prized possession on the basis of some faulty reading. Did you lodge a protest to check the accuracy of those Vapour analyzers?

Nainar
No I did not lodge any complain as its still not clear whether it was the analyzers fault .They have anyways noted down my vehicle number.So the investigation is on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
I couldnt help but be amused by your situation. 100 count detected eh? Alter, what were you doing the day before? If this the formal company? They are always paranoid really . Good thing for you is an Accent also got caught. Definite problem with the analyser. Look out for more similar incidents in that case
Not the formal company.The one after that in terms of ranking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Jokes apart; where did you procure it from

Scary scene it should have been. You should have asked them to get another device.
Jk.To be honest I did felt like blowing everything up when my appraisal and hike were getting discussed.But not today.

And definitely I will not use my beloved safari for this dirty job.
Old 15th January 2010, 12:01   #19
BHPian

Mods: kindly delete this reply if it infracs the rules

Let me put forward a weird explanation.

Early morning, sun looks brightly down to earth and finds a beautiful little safari which has a ego on its own. Loving it so much by the sight, sun transfers its energetic photons to this safari so that it can keep glowing everywhere it goes. Transfer of photos from the suns surface to the body of the safari is a very treacherous journey, which leads to many hurdles that must be overcome by these photons to reach the safari skin. Hitero unknown to our good buddies [ photons ] , there's a HARRP technology which is being monitered by our faithful US of A, which intrepret it to be a solar/alien attack on our planet. Being a ellipse day today, no chances were taken on the said attack and plan was deviced to nuetralise the said "energy transfer". HAARP files its neutralisers onto the photon fragmets headed to our beloved ego safari, which results in unsual spirals sights observed in norway recently. HAARP neutralisers does meet their beloved photon fragments on the way, but within the earth's atmosphere, well deep inside the earths atmosphere. Energy neutralization takes place, but as we all know, this results in a lot of energy dissipation [ in another form ] which leads to the whole of the earth's northern hemisphere being plunged into a severe cold wave. [ Kindly see the news reports for the last 2 weeks on the said topic ]. Coming back to our beloved safari, after the northern belt of earth was plunged into a severe cold wave, the matter [ according to E=mc2 ] has to be delivered somewhere. It finds its target of our beloved safari as intended, but without energy associated with it. Alas, its composition and its structure gets the sensors on the detector to observe anamoloy in their readings leading to strip search of the beauty. Since we all know that photons cannot be observed by any eye, it was a foregone conclusion that the safari is harmless and let it ride the beauty. But the fact unknown to many is that safari has become a beauty in its own records and is recognised by each and everyone in this community.

During the process of gravitational pull of photons towards safari, the winds forces came into play and some of them were orphaned and landed in the accent, which also bore the limelight.

Enjoy the reading and have fun.

This is a weird post intended to have fun during the ellipse time frame and does not reflect any reality. I am not any predictor or forecaster. All the statements are intended to correlate the current events to predict the future. No claims are entertained who believe the aforsaid statement. It is left to the imagination of the reador about the truth of the said event,
Have a nice limelight
Old 15th January 2010, 12:03   #20
BHPian

Man this is scary to say the least, and the security guy still had the funny-bone ticking. Hats-Off to You for taking all the embarrassment.
Old 15th January 2010, 12:06   #21
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Could be a fuel leak in the Safari and Accent which was caught by the vapour detector. Was the instrument a Explosive Vapour Detector (EVD) specifically for detecting RDX contents or a fuel vapour detector?
Old 15th January 2010, 12:07   #22
BHPian

I had heard of a similar incident in my friends dads office. It was also detecting something on the machine. Later they came to know that the device was faulty and detecting all diesel vehicles.
Old 15th January 2010, 12:13   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
It must be a sensor that's occasionally going faulty. Analogous to a loose connection that works sometimes and doesn't at others. They should be having more than one set of detectors, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by contactme27 View Post
Oh man ! what a first thread of the day. Crazy.... security guys and its detecting techniques. did security checked their devices properly ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by contactme27 View Post
Oh man ! what a first thread of the day. Crazy.... security guys and its detecting techniques. did security checked their devices properly ?
These are all new gizmoes and the security is not really trained well to use them to their best.All they do when face a problem is reset the device and start all over again.Inspired by windows vista huh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
anyways, on a serious note, where was the 100kgs hidden, you smart chap?!!
How I wish I could have done that.I would go and park my vehicle in the skoda head office in india and save lots of my brothers and sisters of the future troubles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
I am happy to co operate with all kind of checks but these duffers should trained enough or atleast should be knowing that what they have to look fo.
Totally agree on this one.They are better equipped but ill trained and hence these kind of situations.But still the security concerns are escallating rapidly and hence I guess not sufficient time to train and deploy security men.Just a crash course and they are on field rightaway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
maybe you were part of an experiment like this one
BBC News - Slovaks plant explosives on air traveller
Lolz yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Mods: kindly delete this reply if it infracs the rules

Let me put forward a weird explanation.

Early morning, sun looks brightly down to earth and finds a beautiful little safari which has a ego on its own. Loving it so much by the sight, sun transfers its energetic photons to this safari so that it can keep glowing everywhere it goes. Transfer of photos from the suns surface to the body of the safari is a very treacherous journey, which leads to many hurdles that must be overcome by these photons to reach the safari skin. Hitero unknown to our good buddies [ photons ] , there's a HARRP technology which is being monitered by our faithful US of A, which intrepret it to be a solar/alien attack on our planet. Being a ellipse day today, no chances were taken on the said attack and plan was deviced to nuetralise the said "energy transfer". HAARP files its neutralisers onto the photon fragmets headed to our beloved ego safari, which results in unsual spirals sights observed in norway recently. HAARP neutralisers does meet their beloved photon fragments on the way, but within the earth's atmosphere, well deep inside the earths atmosphere. Energy neutralization takes place, but as we all know, this results in a lot of energy dissipation [ in another form ] which leads to the whole of the earth's northern hemisphere being plunged into a severe cold wave. [ Kindly see the news reports for the last 2 weeks on the said topic ]. Coming back to our beloved safari, after the northern belt of earth was plunged into a severe cold wave, the matter [ according to E=mc2 ] has to be delivered somewhere. It finds its target of our beloved safari as intended, but without energy associated with it. Alas, its composition and its structure gets the sensors on the detector to observe anamoloy in their readings leading to strip search of the beauty. Since we all know that photons cannot be observed by any eye, it was a foregone conclusion that the safari is harmless and let it ride the beauty. But the fact unknown to many is that safari has become a beauty in its own records and is recognised by each and everyone in this community.

During the process of gravitational pull of photons towards safari, the winds forces came into play and some of them were orphaned and landed in the accent, which also bore the limelight.

Enjoy the reading and have fun.

This is a weird post intended to have fun during the ellipse time frame and does not reflect any reality. I am not any predictor or forecaster. All the statements are intended to correlate the current events to predict the future. No claims are entertained who believe the aforsaid statement. It is left to the imagination of the reador about the truth of the said event,
Have a nice limelight
I think I just read a sci-fi blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
Man this is scary to say the least, and the security guy still had the funny-bone ticking. Hats-Off to You for taking all the embarrassment.
Thanks Rocky.Yeah but a new and learning experience.Things can go wrong on a bright sunny day.
Was just thinking if indeed something was found when they were searching and all of my life would have flashed by me that very second.
I mean you can lose it all in just another moment.
Old 15th January 2010, 12:13   #24
BHPian

I saw on Jay Leno show where he Interviewed Brian Williams (a TV presenter).

Brian was stopped at an airport in USA because his baggage had traces of TNT. So thorough check was done. Later it was found that Brian was carrying a small arm badge (the kind military people wear near their biceps to denote their rank etc). This arm badge was gifted to him by a soldier in Afghanistan. Since the soldier handled weapons, some traces of gunpoweder (bullet residue) was smeared on this badge. So the alarm went off.

Maybe something similar would have happened. Some fireworks residue or something.

Else its definitely a defect in the vapourizer (as it detected 100 RDX in another car too)
Old 15th January 2010, 12:15   #25
Team-BHP Support

1) After resetting and re-testing, they should have also brought another detector and re-tested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
....when they said 100 (assuming Kgs) of RDX
2) The "100" count is unlikely to be equated to Kgs. Its probably a "count per million particles" type figure.

eg. 100 could mean (100 or 100,000) particles per million sampled.

3) This detector could be searching for traces of a certain component found in RDX. This component could also be used in other products - which your car might have come in contact with. (kinda like v12 mentioned - and ashwinsid's examples of fireworks is a good one too)

4) The funny thing is that these security checkpoints are fairly useless. If someone did have RDX - i'm sure they could have a way to just drive through and do what they intended.

5) You're lucky this malfunction happened in apna India -- coz in some other places in the world, the immediate consequences could have been much worse for you. (Read about that traveller who's macbook pro got SHOT because it was "suspicious"...lol)

All in all - a very iteresting tale. Hope there was no permanent damage done during the search.

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th January 2010 at 14:34. Reason: oops, i meant v12, not tsk.
Old 15th January 2010, 12:19   #26
BHPian

Hmm let me crack this. What did u have for Breakfast?
Old 15th January 2010, 12:28   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Hmm let me crack this. What did u have for Breakfast?
We might have hit the solution.
Old 15th January 2010, 12:33   #28
BHPian

Whoa Man, thats a realy different way to start the day & i agree to what v12 said above, it must smelling vapours of fuel etc & these guy are just trained that if shows the reading it means RDX
Old 15th January 2010, 12:35   #29
Senior - BHPian

RDX is a solid explosive and needs a heater to vaporizer it , for detection.
The hand held detectors have a blower [hot air] and has issue, the detector may have detected the diesel fuel diesel fuel [complex hydrocarbons]. The sensors on these thing are Not that reliable.
By the way where was the RDX detected, I mean on the which part of the car did the device first give a reading?
Old 15th January 2010, 12:41   #30
BHPian

I hope this is not due to some damping material like dynamat that, you may have used in car.

Most Viewed