Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2010, 22:04   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram.vns View Post
Hi Alter,

Explosive Vapour Detector has detected 100 Microns of RDX in your car. That means 1/10th of a gram.

RDX is measured in Microns not in grams and 1000 microns make one gram of RDX and even a tiny object cannot be exploded with the RDX detected in your car.

I am sure the guards do not have any knowledge how to handle these devices at your office premises.I am posting the picture of a explosive vapour detector commonly used in India, is this the same which is used at your office.
You are absolutely right.This was my tormentor
It was exactly the same.Only white in colour.
But instead of the pointed tip it had a circular button kind of thing on which I assume would have been the sensor.
Old 16th January 2010, 22:58   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
You are absolutely right.This was my tormentor
It was exactly the same.Only white in colour.
But instead of the pointed tip it had a circular button kind of thing on which I assume would have been the sensor.
The one used at your office is Sabre 2000 model and I have a Sabre 4000 lying use less in my office cabin.

We don't use them often as there are many better ways than these to detect explosives.
Old 16th January 2010, 23:18   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram.vns View Post
The one used at your office is Sabre 2000 model and I have a Sabre 4000 lying use less in my office cabin.

We don't use them often as there are many better ways than these to detect explosives.
Oh.Thanks Vikram for the insight.
Old 16th January 2010, 23:21   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan View Post
Quoted in part

Could you please translate this to English? I do not understand the language (?Hindi). Thanks.
Translated :

I asked him "How does this BOMB look?" and He says "Sir, it looks round, it is black and there is a wire attached to it".

cya
R
Old 16th January 2010, 23:37   #65
BHPian

What a crazy start of the day !!

Sorry but could not stop laughing on those breakfast comments..
Old 17th January 2010, 11:27   #66
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Bingo! We have found the root cause of all your troubles.

Your Safari was peeved with you for neglecting her. So she told the Explosive Detector about it. Machines can and, do talk to each other, they just do not like us dumb humans to know about it. Now your Safari and her detector pal decided to teach you a lesson for having neglected your faithful and long suffering Safari over the weekend. As soon as your Safari came in sight of the Detector she winked at the Detector to set things in motion and well, as they say, the rest is history!

Please do not neglect your car on the weekends, it can have very grave consequences (imagine what can happen if your car tells your electric shaver about it), be extra nice to her this weekend, maybe you can buy her a box of chocolates or maybe some flowers to make up for last weekend.

Cheers,
You should apply for the script writer post for Transformers-3.
Old 17th January 2010, 15:02   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

I work at one of these 'Knowledge' Parks :-) and feel very amused every time they 'check' my Aveo. My personal experience is that the length of the check depends upon the length of the queue. Sometimes, I have found that they simply open and close the boot without even bothering to look under the bootmat area (I have a pram folded in the boot as well as a few plastic packets containing my car cleaning stuff) and nor do they use their mirrors to check the engine area for explosives for more than 5 seconds. They must be experts to accomplish so much in such a short time!

Also, how do they check a 'company' bus? They don't even bother to look inside; the same charade is carried out to check the engine area for 5 seconds :-) Tell me, is it necessary to only conceal explosives etc there, especially on a full-length bus??

Either they do it well or may as well give up!!!
Old 17th January 2010, 23:16   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
My personal experience is that the length of the check depends upon the length of the queue.
.This is 100% correct in my case too.If there are more vehicles in the queue then forget opening the back door or using the vapour analyser, they just peep inside through the passenger window and show thumbs up to go ahead
Old 18th January 2010, 14:16   #69
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I bet no one in your office will mess with you now. Not even your boss

Jokes apart, this is just of those incidents that is best laughed off. And I must compliment you on your story-telling skills. Just imagining the face of an innocent office goer through such an ordeal had me in splits. Well narrated!
Old 18th January 2010, 14:49   #70
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan View Post
Quoted in part

Could you please translate this to English? I do not understand the language (?Hindi). Thanks.
It means,the guard told me that "A Bomb is black in color and has a wire hanging to it".
Old 18th January 2010, 15:03   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I bet no one in your office will mess with you now. Not even your boss

Jokes apart, this is just of those incidents that is best laughed off. And I must compliment you on your story-telling skills. Just imagining the face of an innocent office goer through such an ordeal had me in splits. Well narrated!
Thanks GTO.

But the most unprofessional thing happened today.Today morning I wanted to confirm whether there was indeed some issue with the device and so stopped my vehicle to get it through the scanner.But alas they asked me to move on and said that today they won't scan my vehicle for explosives and check some other vehicle randomly.And the otherday they were noting down my vehicle's number and creating a huge ruckus.

Last edited by Alter_Ego : 18th January 2010 at 15:09.
Old 18th January 2010, 15:12   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
Thanks GTO.

But the most un rofessional thing happened today.Today morning I wanted to confirm whether there was indeed some issue with the device and so stopped my vehicle to get it through the scanner.But alas they asked me to move on and said that today they won't scan my vehicle for explosives and check some other vehicle randomly.And the otherday they were noting down my vehicle's number and creating a huge ruckus.
So finally you can carry it safly now without being detected. Jokes appart I think they must be very embarassed now, and they might be afraid it might beep again and cause you the same trail of troubles, ask them to ceck you vehicle again, i am sure it has something to do with the settings of the device which these people will take a lot of hit and trial to figure out.

Pramod
Old 18th January 2010, 15:17   #73
BHPian

Alter..I dont know whether to laugh or to be serious here, frankly I laughed big time when I went through your post . Sorry for you dude, I know how it would feel like getting embarrased that too at the start of your day !

Man, I think the weekend drive to Yelagiri would have been the cause, check with the gang if someone planted one in your car ?

During the next meet, I think your car has to be scanned , just kidding !
Old 18th January 2010, 15:20   #74
Senior - BHPian

ha ha now that was one hell of a way to start your day. I had a similar instance, on my way to the US a few years back. I was carrying a small bag with me to use as my cabin baggage. I had borrowed that bag from someone as my own bag had been borrowed by another friend on his way to Japan.
Now i casually go through the security check in Vienna, and the officer starts opening the zippers of the bag to check all pockets. Suddenly, I see the number of officers interested in looking at my bag increasing by the second. By the time I reached the bag, there were not less than 5 officers just waiting for me to come over.
I started talking and they just told me to be quiet and move to a particular location.
On trying to peek into my bag to see what they were going crazy about, I saw them check out some white powder. Then it struck me, my friend has a couple of nephews one of whom had taken the bag to school once and had brought chalk in this bag.
I tried to explain but was again ordered to be quiet.
Then they took my passport and made copies of it and gave it to a few ppl, I was crapping in my pants by then.
Then I see 2-3 huge Alsatian dogs start to sniff my bag, they looked at me and looked at the bag and then looked at the officers as if saying " U guys nuts making us smell this freakin chalk powder?"

The officers reluctantly gave my the bag and let me go, cursing under their breath. I guess they might have started planning what to do with the award money after catching the international drug lord

Last edited by sammyboy : 18th January 2010 at 15:25. Reason: extra smiley
Old 18th January 2010, 15:32   #75
Senior - BHPian

@Alter, you are lucky that it was detected in your office itself. Imagine a case where the check had taken place near a toll when you were going for BHP meet @ yelagiri.

Most Viewed