Team-BHP - RDX falsely detected in my Safari by office security
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   RDX falsely detected in my Safari by office security (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/73651-rdx-falsely-detected-my-safari-office-security.html)

Today I had a bitter experience when I arrived at my office.
Being among the top three in the IT service industry the security at our office is highly sophisticated with randoms checks being done with the help of vapour analyzer on vehicles.

In the morning after entering the office gate the security guard stopped me on the way to the basement parking to check my safari with the vapour analyser , which was usual.I was sitting inside listening to ledzep unaware of the drama which was to unfold in a minute.
Suddenly this guard goes crazy and starts shouting towards the security centre when another security man, later I learnt he was the security head of that entrance(our office has more than 30 entrances) , comes running.He takes over the vapour check instrument and does the whole procedure again by walking besides by vehicle carefully analysing the data on the intrument.He taps the window then asking me to park as something was getting detected.
Then he asks me whether I had parked my vehicle outside or given my vehicle to anyone else during the holiday yesterday to which I reply in negetive and I told him that I am very possesive about my cars and don't give it to anyone else ever.

Now he asks me to park the vehicle there and come with him to the security command centre which I do as I also wanted to know what's going on.
Meanwhile I park, this guy has already started running to the security command centre and after parking when I reach there this guy is shouting on the speaker phone to the main security incharge and the conversation goes like this:
security guy:Sir one of the employee's 4-wheeler has been detected with RDX traces.Sir kya karna hai ab?

Security Incharge from the other end: Oh.Whats the trace count like 1 or 2 or 5 or 10?

Security guy:Sir the instrument is showing 100:Shockked: and he starts panicing more.I am just wishing that the unit of 100 is not in Kgslol:

Security incharge:kya bol raha hai.tujhe pata hai 100 to poori company uda dega.phir se check kar.

Security guard: Sir 3 bar intrument reset kar ke check kiya.Reading is constant for this car.Baaki sab ki car pe koi reading nahin dikha raha.Only on this vehicle sir.

And meanwhile I am about to faint.100 is not a small amount of RDX that I have understood but in my safari?

Security incharge thinks for a moment and says that he will be there in a moment.

And then suddenly I see a big group of security guards rushing towards us with sniffer dogs and AK-47s and I think that I am going to get a role in the movie New york.

They ask me to unlock the safari so that they can do a sweep check.
And then the entire drama starts.They pull the seats , fold the back ones, remove the amps and what all they could to mess my interiors and not to mention the embarressment being caused to me while all employees are walking past my vehicle staring and talking "is safari mein RDX detect hua hai."

Then suddenly another hyundai accent is asked to pull over and the security guard says, sir isme bhi RDX mila hai.The other poor employee is shocked and almost on the verge of tears.
And the security incharge tries to crack a funny bone by saying,
kya baat hai aaj sabhi employees RDX carry kar rahe hain.I know it was funny but did not feel the same way at that time.
After half an hour of turning the safari and the accent upside down they declare that both are clean.
Then they note down the vehicle numbers and the security incharge asks us to carry on and cracks another joke by saying sir please do not carry RDX anymore and grins.Big deal! He says he was just trying to ease away the tension and thanks for cooperating with us.
I say no problem and drive away to the basement parking a bit confused still.

Why did the vapour detector show RDX traces(that too in such a huge quantity 100) in my vehicle and the other accent and showed more than a 1000 other vehicles as clean.

But anyway not a good way to start the day.And yesterday I was fighting with my friend convincing him that solar eclipse is just another phenomenon and stop being superstitious. Lolz.

Has anyone else got into such a situation where something bad and illegal was detected in your most prized possession and you had no idea about it?

This is not something that we read everyday. But how?

Something must be wrong with the detector. Great way to start your day.

Whoa, thats a bad experience to have in the morning. Your security guys seem to be hi-fi. Our security guys just have a mirror to check under the car. Can i know which office you are working in? If i go for a visit there, i will take an auto :)

-Pallavi

Suspect sensor of that 'vapour detector'.

Now this is really really amusing!

we cant event blame tata's poor A.S.S as the reason (as seen in all safari threads) because even an accent was caught!

@ alter: 100 kgs RDX... hmmm.... Lol! chillax dude, there must be some error with the machine, as usual!

Quote:

Originally Posted by beejay (Post 1683213)
This is not something that we read everyday. But how?

Something must be wrong with the detector. Great way to start your day.

Beats me too!!But why was the sensor showing normal reading on other vehicles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pallavi (Post 1683214)
Whoa, thats a bad experience to have in the morning. Your security guys seem to be hi-fi. Can i know which office you are working in? If i go for a visit there, i will take an auto :)

-Pallavi

Lolz.yeah auto would be a better idea in case you have the patience and the will not to punch the auto guy when he starts discussing the fare till electronic city.Sir/Madam return nahin milega.ye wo and I just wish I had never flagged the auto down.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sukiwa (Post 1683215)
Suspect sensor of that 'vapour detector'.

but why only on my safari and the other accent.It should have gone crazy on at least 30 cars which were tested in front of me.

Quote:

Now this is really really amusing!

we cant event blame tata's poor A.S.S as the reason (as seen in all safari threads) because even an accent was caught!

@ alter: 100 kgs RDX... hmmm.... Lol! chillax dude, there must be some error with the machine, as usual!
Lolz Raj.Even if the accent was not caught how come A.S.S comes into picture?

Yeah now I am a bit sober.But really when they said 100 (assuming Kgs) of RDX, the wind just swept the floor from under my feet.

Not yet but not happy with the way they check my car on daily basis, two times i have to open my boot even though its dosent have any MDF trey to cover the boot means with the glass anyone can see through(i have Swift).
Many times i asked them that what exactly they look for and they dont have proper answer to my query, many times i was carring spare parts even complete engine of my bike but they are least bothered even to ask that whats this, they do their routine job that is just open the boot act like searching something and close, take a full round of the mirror which they carry and done with their job.

You drive up and get to know 100 kgs of RDX in your beloved vehicle. Your whole life must have flashed by in an instance after listening to that.

Oh man, you and the Accent guy must be the talk of the whole campus today.

This is right out of that hidden camera videos we see on TV.

Wow! You should be happy that you are an instant star in your company! How many IT guys get the luxury of being RDX carriers?

Jokes apart, it is disturbing when some one ransacks the prized possession on the basis of some faulty reading. Did you lodge a protest to check the accuracy of those Vapour analyzers?

Nainar

I couldnt help but be amused by your situation. 100 count detected eh? Alter, what were you doing the day before? lol: If this the formal company? They are always paranoid really . Good thing for you is an Accent also got caught. Definite problem with the analyser. Look out for more similar incidents in that case :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajaybiz (Post 1683243)
Not yet but not happy with the way they check my car on daily basis, two times i have to open my boot even though its dosent have any MDF trey to cover the boot means with the glass anyone can see through(i have Swift).
Many times i asked them that what exactly they look for and they dont have proper answer to my query, many times i was carring spare parts even complete engine of my bike but they are least bothered even to ask that whats this, they do their routine job that is just open the boot act like searching something and close, take a full round of the mirror which they carry and done with their job.

Yeah that mirror thing was even used at our office but now with the high profile terrorists attacks and their methods , even my company decided to use some hi-tech gadgets to make the employees life miserable:D.Just kidding.I understand that it is essential and a way to make our lives safer and catch the bad elements.

Jokes apart; where did you procure it from :p

Scary scene it should have been. You should have asked them to get another device.

It must be a sensor that's occasionally going faulty. Analogous to a loose connection that works sometimes and doesn't at others. They should be having more than one set of detectors, right?

As for the car being swept, no choice there. Rather a messy interior than a bomb under the car, wouldn't you say?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alter_Ego (Post 1683238)
Lolz Raj.Even if the accent was not caught how come A.S.S comes into picture?

Yeah now I am a bit sober.But really when they said 100 (assuming Kgs) of RDX, the wind just swept the floor from under my feet.

oh cmon, do we need a reason to blame tata's A.S.S?!!! they are responsible for each & everything happening with the safari.
lol:

anyways, on a serious note, where was the 100kgs hidden, you smart chap?!! :D

Oh man ! what a first thread of the day. Crazy.... security guys and its detecting techniques. did security checked their devices properly ?