Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2005, 13:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadudeonfire
and smg dude..your talking about me promiting corruption so tell me what do you do when a cop catches you...ask for the ticket or what...???
Yes!
Ask for the reciept. It is us who are promoting corruption. I used to be like this...but have stopped paying the cops anything whatsoever without a proper reciept. Why to knowingly break the law in the first place...example talking on the cellphone....you know its dangerous and illegal but still you do it. Breaking the rules and promoting corruption is not appreciated on teambhp.

Dont crib about cops troubling you...be ready to pay the legal fine if you are breaking the rule.
Those rules are there for your safety and that of others.

Drifter
Old 5th September 2005, 14:01   #17
Senior - BHPian

what if one doesn't have cash, or has to rush in emergency (girl friend? ) and they insists on going to the station.

Can we ask them to send the challan home, as they do for cases when people drive away after breaking the rules?
Old 5th September 2005, 14:03   #18
Senior - BHPian

@dadude:

1988? you havent even turned 18 yet...why are you driving on public roads (probably with a fake licence....more corruption....hell)....and that too bribing the cops and being proud about it.

Let me make one thing clear dude ... if educated people like us dont give a rats A## about honesty and the rules then who will.

Drifter
Old 5th September 2005, 14:06   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can we ask them to send the challan home, as they do for cases when people drive away after breaking the rules?
you can give them your liecence take reciept & pay later in police station & get you liecence back
the receipt acts as temporary liecence
Old 5th September 2005, 15:38   #20
Senior - BHPian

In situations of getting caught for offences I feel the best thing is to accept your mistake instead of sitting and arguing. Infact if you are really couteous and respect the cop, he even lets you off without a fine requesting you not to do it again. I have been through these situations quite a number of times and have been let off with paying a single rupee. Why? Because I admitted my mistake. Of coursing the marathi lingo does help at times though

Dippy
Old 5th September 2005, 16:15   #21
BHPian

I simply follow 3 steps while dealing with these Mamus
1. Accept your mistake!
2. Try to speak as much Marathi u've learned in those schools days!
3. Simply keep a 50 buck note in ur license....this works mostof the time for me ...he'll simply the thing thats more Important to him give the remaining part back to u!
Old 5th September 2005, 16:35   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative
Oh yes, they also gave the receipt
India Express has come up with an article on duplicate receipts used by the traffic cops. These receipts were printed in private printing press and the amount collected will be shared among them.

It was long back, a department guy confirmed that those receipts were duplicate.

Also the media guy raised a question to the commissioner of traffic police on this & was told upto his knowledge none of their men don't indulge in those activities, if found they will be given correct treatment.
Old 5th September 2005, 16:54   #23
Senior - BHPian

I had an incident a few days ago. I made the mistake of parking my car in the no-parking zone and had been to a shop to collect something. In the meanwhile, a policeman had pasted a ticket for Rs. 100 on the driver side window. I just went to the police station some 2-3 days later and paid the fine amount. Ofcourse, after that, I have never parked my car in the no-parking zone, even for 1-2 minutes. I am taking care not to park the vehicle even for alighting fellow passengers. A good lesson well learnt and I am proud of having mended my ways.
Old 5th September 2005, 18:10   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise
India Express has come up with an article on duplicate receipts used by the traffic cops. ....police on this & was told upto his knowledge none of their men don't indulge in those activities, if found they will be given correct treatment.
Then the onus is on them. Sadly, that is something we cannot determine at that time. The least we can do is be honest from our side atleast.
Old 5th September 2005, 21:26   #25
Senior - BHPian

You know, it's easy to say we should be honest and pay up and not break rules. To begin with, it's slightly harder to part with your money when the time comes. But there's another issue. Do you care about sticking to the letter and spirit of the law when those who frame them can't even keep up basic infrastructure? We pay billions in taxes, and look at the state of our roads. Do we deserve Hummer-testing potholes? Or flooded streets?

I dont know about you guys, but I try my best to be a decent, courteous driver on the roads. But when I look at the price of fuel, the taxes we pay, and the excise-inflated price of our cars, I could strangle a few politicians/babus/cops.
Old 5th September 2005, 21:39   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
I dont know about you guys, but I try my best to be a decent, courteous driver on the roads. But when I look at the price of fuel, the taxes we pay, and the excise-inflated price of our cars, I could strangle a few politicians/babus/cops.
I know the feeling, but in the end 'HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY'.
Screw the politicians, the babus and the cops.
Old 5th September 2005, 22:17   #27
SMG
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadudeonfire
nah dude its nothing like that...just that whenever they catch...not that i get caught everyday...averagely once a month...now its upto me if i should give him a 50 without arguing...or give him a 100 after arguing...
and smg dude..your talking about me promiting corruption so tell me what do you do when a cop catches you...ask for the ticket or what...???
First of all I follow all traffic rules, always use seat belts, never talk over a phone while driving, always remain in posted speed limit/No etry-Parking restrictions , always cary all necessary documents with me. And even after that cop asks me to stop , I stop. And as a GOOD citizen always pay the fine and ask for a official receipt.

AND CERTAINLY DONT FALSH A RS 50/100 bill and laugh at a cop ,
Old 6th September 2005, 00:24   #28
BHPian

something similar happened to me a month ago.Had my cellphone on the seat next to me in my mums 800.I had just left my house and was on my way to work when this cop on a bike pulls up next to me right outside my lane(I hadnt even been in the car for 3 minutes at that point) he taps my window and asks for my licence when I asked him what I had done he said I was talking on my fone.
I pulled over and there was another cop standing with him I asked the cop again what my mistake was and he said that he had seen me talking on the phone.I promptly showed him my call register and the last calls were from the previous night.I openly told him that he was a crook at which point he started getting very rude and told me that I should mind my tongue before I was thrown in jail and beaten like a dog.
At that point I had had enough of his nonsense and promptly told him to check my windshield as I had a protocol on the car and that he couldnt stop me even in I was on the phone.His tone changed as soon as he saw the sticker and told me to go .By that time I was late and pissed off at him so I told him that his nonsense would not work anymore and also that one day the very public whom he is supposed to serve will catch him and hammer him like a stray dog.He didnt have anything to say he just gave me a dirty look as I got into my car n drove off.

Last edited by byramshroff : 6th September 2005 at 00:29.
Old 6th September 2005, 00:35   #29
Senior - BHPian

hey dude how did you get the protocol sticker !!
have some contacts or what ??

Rev
Old 6th September 2005, 11:49   #30
BHPian

what's a protocol sticker? is it like some official govt of india sticker?

the other day, i had an emergency call on my mobile and i had to pick it up and i was driving in this small lane at about 15-20 kmph. and somehow, no clue why, there was a traffic cop plying on that road. he stopped me and i stopped, apologizing for my mistake and i was ready to pay the fine of 100 rupees. then he refused to give me the receipt. i told him that i wouldn't pay him until i get the receipt. so, he charged me 400 rupees (100 for talking on the mobile + 300 for dangerous driving). i mean, just because i wanted a receipt, i had to pay 300 rupees more. is there a definition of dangerous driving?

s

Last edited by satan_crazy : 6th September 2005 at 11:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks