Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2010, 19:16   #31
BHPian

@Ranjan: that's the best way things can be handled. U kept your cool according to the situation.
@All: According to me language is not an issue coz i have been in this kinda situation even though i could speak the local language.
Keeping a cool head is the best way to handle these situations.
Its just that most people at the incident scene would not have seen what happened and just blame the person who walks first. The situation is the same unless some kind person who has actually seen the incident take place comes and explains.

Arun
Old 18th January 2010, 20:20   #32
BHPian

Ranjan,

Situation ,very well handled...!!

Not being from this part of country as well, I have experienced cases ( less than what you have), in person.

The best trick to avoid something really bad (like you did) is to keep your cool, and keep the ego aside.

Take care..!!

Last edited by Eddy : 8th April 2010 at 12:18. Reason: Pl do not quote a large post
Old 18th January 2010, 20:39   #33
BHPian

Firstly, Sorry for your accident. Hope you are doing well.

I'm a Kannadiga and have been in a similar situation when a small kid cycled down a slope and couldn't brake at all and came rammed into me. Nothing happened to him but after he saw his cycle was badly damaged started wailing. Everybody saw what happened but nobody was supporting me until a person from no where appeared and saved my *** just like the Auto Walla, who must have been a localite himself! There are always unwritten, un- explainable rules when it comes to situations like these.

While, I partly sympathize with your situation I think it is very unfair in the way you have written your experience, you seemed to have more sympathy for the drunk Idiot then you have for the locals who were saying you need to take him to a hospital!!!

Please ask yourself these questions before you make absurd opinions on the locals of Bengaluru

1) Did the people harm you in any way?

2) If you did not understand what they were saying how did you assume you were going to be hit.

Please get well soon!!! also, you don't need to learn Kannada but do not make the locals look like goons when they didn't do anything to you!!!
Old 18th January 2010, 21:54   #34
BANNED

First and foremost.. I am not at all against the locals or depicting anything against them. This is for the people present there, who panicked seeing me speaking Hindi and knowingly/unknowingly had put me in a very bad situation.

Helping someone hit by a different vehicle if something completely different. My situation was not the same. I was engaged in the accident, EVERYONE around me thinks I am at fault, until then I was scared if the guy was alive. Now, IF I took him to the hospital I am making it very very obvious that it was my fault, since I did not get a chance to take any proof that I was HIT.

Speaking is easier, but carrying a person who is almost dead, people mad on you and you at no fault an additional bonus, you are not a LOCAL and people taking advantage if you is not that easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestraveller View Post
Please ask yourself these questions before you make absurd opinions on the locals of Bengaluru

1) Did the people harm you in any way?
Ofcourse it would harm me if my luck had given up, if the guy died? Dude I would have spent rest of my life proving innocent. Moreover, I had no clue how to prove myself innocent, people on the SPOT blaming me, and I took the guy to the hospital with "Guilty" tattooed on my forehead by the people around. They even sent people to the hospital to check whether I am running away.. Ridiculous!!!!

Only thing which saved me was MY LUCK, and the auto waala to some extent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestraveller View Post
2) If you did not understand what they were saying how did you assume you were going to be hit.
Ofcourse, I know when people are abusing me and when they are not EVEN if I don't understand the language. I atleast understand the Slangs. Moreover, lollll people with mad faces pushing you from all sides does not project anything close to politeness.

Again, I repeat.. this is not a Rant on Locals. All are certainly not bad. However, people who were present there, were not only bad but unethical and some I would pray not to come across ever in my life, be it LOCALS, NRIs, CELEBRITIES speaking in Kannada.

Last edited by Ranjan Sharma : 18th January 2010 at 22:10. Reason: Spelling mistaked :-P
Old 19th January 2010, 07:46   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjan Sharma View Post
First and foremost.. I am not at all against the locals or depicting anything against them. This is for the people present there, who panicked seeing me speaking Hindi and knowingly/unknowingly had put me in a very bad situation.

Helping someone hit by a different vehicle if something completely different. My situation was not the same. I was engaged in the accident, EVERYONE around me thinks I am at fault, until then I was scared if the guy was alive. Now, IF I took him to the hospital I am making it very very obvious that it was my fault, since I did not get a chance to take any proof that I was HIT.

Speaking is easier, but carrying a person who is almost dead, people mad on you and you at no fault an additional bonus, you are not a LOCAL and people taking advantage if you is not that easy

Ofcourse it would harm me if my luck had given up, if the guy died? Dude I would have spent rest of my life proving innocent. Moreover, I had no clue how to prove myself innocent, people on the SPOT blaming me, and I took the guy to the hospital with "Guilty" tattooed on my forehead by the people around. They even sent people to the hospital to check whether I am running away.. Ridiculous!!!!

Only thing which saved me was MY LUCK, and the auto waala to some extent!

Ofcourse, I know when people are abusing me and when they are not EVEN if I don't understand the language. I atleast understand the Slangs. Moreover, lollll people with mad faces pushing you from all sides does not project anything close to politeness.

Again, I repeat.. this is not a Rant on Locals. All are certainly not bad. However, people who were present there, were not only bad but unethical and some I would pray not to come across ever in my life, be it LOCALS, NRIs, CELEBRITIES speaking in Kannada.
I am sorry but you appear like a novice to road accidents in India. If you are involved in a road accident and happen to be the least hurt then, say it bad luck or shortsightedness, you are held guilty until proven otherwise. This you can see everywhere and one is very very lucky if not so.
Not to justify what they did, but, perhaps the people suspected that guy was close to dead and started abusing you.
Old 19th January 2010, 12:59   #36
Senior - BHPian

Hats off to Ranjan on your helpful nature.

Last edited by sushrutha : 19th January 2010 at 13:07.
Old 20th January 2010, 10:59   #37
BHPian

I have stayed in Mumbai for a year or so, and I found people in Mumbai are the most helpful people I have ever come across so far. I remember I was standing in Colaba with a chit in my hand and a bit confused about the address, I ask 1 person and 5 come to help.

Mumbai [/quote]
+1 to that,
Mumbaikars are usually helpful. I have been through a similar situation where I wasn't expecting to be guided to a place so well in a place like Mumbai.
It is the dirty politics of the politicians that is dividing the Mumbaikars and the non-Mumbaikars. This recent furore about UP-wallahs or outsiders proves this very point. I wish our country gets rid of such politicians soon.
Old 8th April 2010, 11:43   #38
Senior - BHPian

@Ranjan,

First of all glad to know you are safe with just minor injuries. There are some bitter lessons to be learnt from this episode. Prevention always works better than cure. Not wearing a helmet was a big mistake, an even bigger mistake was not to be paying attention to the other road users.

I accept it is not always possible to avoid an accident, but we must keep all our senses tuned to the road. Next time on, please be very cautious when riding or driving on the roads, know/sense which other vehicles are on the road, their speeds and driving styles. It goes a long way to avoid an untoward incident.
Old 8th April 2010, 12:02   #39
BHPian

@Ranjan: Next time you get mixed up anywhere due to whomevers' fault, please keep the police in loop.
By not keeping the police informed, you may not even know when the after effects will hit you again. It provides a big opportunity for the other party.

Glad that all's well and ended well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks