Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2005, 17:10   #16
BHPian

Wow dude this damn scary!!!! Thank god no one was hurt.............
Old 7th September 2005, 13:57   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative
whose fault was it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise
Can anyone throw some light on who's mistake it was?
No idea whose mistake it was and its useless discussing about whose mistake it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos
Well.. be it hit from the side of the bus or whatever but that is some serious damage. Cabin shape after the accident just shows how stong the Indica is!!
The Indica is strong indeed. But in an accident which is completely unknown to us, it is difficult to comment how safe the car is. Can't say how other cars will behave in such an accident, because it is unknown. Although one thing is sure, the 800 would've stood no chance.
Old 7th September 2005, 14:18   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon
The Indica is strong indeed. But in an accident which is completely unknown to us, it is difficult to comment how safe the car is. Can't say how other cars will behave in such an accident, because it is unknown. Although one thing is sure, the 800 would've stood no chance.
Even if the accident is completely unknown, we can see the damage to it and logically we can comment on how safe the car. We would not have been able to comment if the car was planned and purposely dashed only on the part that is damaged, that is the hood! Its an accident in which anything can/could happen.
Old 7th September 2005, 14:22   #19
Senior - BHPian

Yes, but if the accident was completely head-on, situations would differ. Cabin could've been affected.
Old 7th September 2005, 14:47   #20
Senior - BHPian

Here we are not discussin headon collision though I hope you can see that the damage is much more than a scratch or a dent. Thanx!
Old 7th September 2005, 14:58   #21
Senior - BHPian

What are you talking about??! Whats wrong with you?! I said the car is strong indeed, but you can't just say that looking at one accident and be confident about it. I'm not too sure whether it was head-on or no. Its mostly not an head-on collision looking at the windshield, bumper and the way the stuff is bent. If it was a proper head-on collision, it could've been fatal and then it'd be declared "All hatch's in India are crap in safety!".

Quote:
I hope you can see that the damage is much more than a scratch or a dent.
FYI, I took those pics and I seen the state of that car.
Old 7th September 2005, 15:01   #22
Senior - BHPian

Its you who is concentrating on taking out different outputs of the accident. If you cant argue properly, well forget it. Everyone who has replied in the thread knows about the accident and the condition of the car. Happy Clicking!!
Old 7th September 2005, 15:12   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon
No idea whose mistake it was and its useless discussing about whose mistake it was.

It's useful, if we could learn something from it (atleast I would)
Old 7th September 2005, 15:42   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its you who is concentrating on taking out different outputs of the accident. If you cant argue properly, well forget it. Everyone who has replied in the thread knows about the accident and the condition of the car. Happy Clicking!!
Whatever you say Stratos.

All I meant was that it is not perfect to term a car "SAFE" by only looking at one accident. The Indica is strong enough, but given a different situation, it could've been fatal, thats all.

You drop a huge rock on the bonnet of a car smashing and completely crushing the engine. And then you go on to say - "The car is safe, nothing happened to the passengers". Is this logically right?!

The bus only rammed into the engine area and nowhere else. Heck even the windshield is not shattered except for a small area. So what would you go on to say - "WOW! That windshield is sooo safe, nothing happened to it even though a bus hit this car!"??!
Old 7th September 2005, 16:49   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise
It's useful, if we could learn something from it (atleast I would)
Agreed! but since no one here actually saw wot happened, we can only speculate. I'd think that the indica driver took the u turn a bit too fast and a bit too carelessly. The bus driver could be at fault for driving above the speed limit and being in the rightmost lane.
what do u think?

Amitoj
Old 7th September 2005, 17:21   #26
Senior - BHPian

has any one seen the light blue santro at gamdevi police station.it has been there since a while now and its state is similar to that of the indicas.looks scary.

Rev
Old 7th September 2005, 18:34   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
Agreed! but since no one here actually saw wot happened, we can only speculate. I'd think that the indica driver took the u turn a bit too fast and a bit too carelessly. The bus driver could be at fault for driving above the speed limit and being in the rightmost lane.
what do u think?

Amitoj
Whenever you take U turn, though the roads are empty, drive slowly and be cautious.

If you are in the right most lane and see a junction open for U turns, make sure you keep the toes on braking pedal (off accelerator) immaterial of whether there is a vehicle to cross or not

These two things loaded on to the mind with this lesson will live longer.

Iam very new to driving & little bit of theoretical knowledge has helped me a lot in my effort to make my driving perfect to the maximum extent possible

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks