Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2010, 06:30   #1
BHPian

23-yr-old Team-BHPian shows Cops how to solve a crime

Folks, check this out. This brave 23 old boy is a Team BHPian.

23-YR-OLD SHOWS COPS HOWTO SOLVE ACRIME

When the Electronics City police failed to act on his complaint regarding a stolen keyboard and cameras, Preetam Bose, an MBA student and part-time musician, began his own investigation, finally forcing the cops to act on the information he provided and nab the culprit

Preetam Bose is a MBA student from Alliance Business School. He also doubles up as a musician and plays in a band called OMM, Omniscient Music Mantra. On the night of December 31, he and his band had a performance in Electronics City and were returning home to Tavarekere in a cab. On reaching home, Bose and his colleagues paid the driver and were unloading the guitars and drums kit from the boot. They had hardly done this when the cabbie sped away with the keyboard and a couple of cameras still lying on the front seat.
Bose and his friends then went back to the hotel where they had performed, to try and get the badge number or name of the cab driver but the hotel had no information. The following day, Bose went to the Electronics City police station to file a complaint. “Nothing happened for a day and so I decided to do some investigation myself,” he said.
He went back to Ottera Hotel. Here, Bose and his friends noticed that Electronics City Industries’ Association had installed a CCTV. The next day they got the number of the cab from ECIA’s control room. Armed with the number Bose again went to the police station, but the cops had still not acted on his complaint and didn’t seem interested in the new information he provided.
Bose then called up some contacts in RTO to find out the name and the number of the driver. “The vehicle number was KA 51 3024 and the name of the owner is R Venkatesh, a resident of Hongsandra. I also got his mobile number and tried calling him but I guess that number was changed because I did not get any response,” Bose said.
In spite of all the ground work that Bose did for the police, it was only when he finally sent an e-mail to Praveen Sood, Additional Commissioner (Traffic and Security) on January 14, which was subsequently sent to the local police station, that the cops woke up. “The police started working on it only from January 16. They found out that the driver continued living in Hongsandra but had changed his house thrice. Finally, they traced him on January 20 and brought him to the station.”
HOW IT HAPPENED
Bose revealed the sequence of events as it unfolded on the night of Dec 31. “Our performance was from 8:15 pm till nine. But the organisers asked us to wait till the end of all the festivities to collect our payment,” Bose said. Anticipating the New Year’s eve rush, Bose called Meru Cabs and booked a taxi for 1:30 am. But the cab could not make it on time so he and his friends took a cab waiting outside the hotel instead. This proved to be a big mistake as the 23-year-old later realised.
In their hurry, Bose and his friends did not take down the number of the cab or the name of the driver. It was a white Tata Sumo and the driver charged them Rs 300 to drop them at Tavarekere where Bose lives. Three people boarded the cab: Two band members Shobojyothy Saha and Sagnik Sarkar sat behind, while Soumik Chakraborthy sat in the front seat with a Yamaha PSR 2100 model keyboard, a Nikon Coolpix S7 digital camera and DCR TRV 63E video camera, all worth Rs 1.3 lakh. The other instruments, like the drums kit and the guitars were kept at the back. Bose was to follow the cab on his bike with another band member Guha Ashish Kunal. All hell broke loose when the vehicle reached Tavarekere and the cab driver made off with the keyboard and the cameras.
But all’s well that ends well. “I am glad that the police finally caught him. But I wish they had jumped into action earlier,” Bose said.
Old 21st January 2010, 06:58   #2
Senior - BHPian

bravo to the 23 Yr Old!

This again goes to show that the Police has become indifferent and will only react when a missive comes from the top!
Old 21st January 2010, 07:13   #3
Senior - BHPian

Kudos man! Goes to show what sheer determination can do. Cops will act fast when they face problems or when one of their clan is in trouble. General public are under the mercy of their snail pace most of the times.
Old 21st January 2010, 09:28   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hey deepu this the same preetham who came to BHP meet to yelagiri right? handle preethan_korg? fantastic preetham. hey I got it. It is the same preetham. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1692353-post247.html
Old 21st January 2010, 09:29   #5
BHPian

@shishir_bn, Very right. This is the same preetam.
Old 21st January 2010, 12:02   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
bravo to the 23 Yr Old!

This again goes to show that the Police has become indifferent and will only react when a missive comes from the top!
This 23 year old is a TBHP member and his handle is preetam_korg!
Old 21st January 2010, 12:10   #7
Senior - BHPian

Good stuff man! Now I understand what the KORG in your handle means!
Old 21st January 2010, 13:28   #8
BANNED

Good show boss, but it is really pathetic to note that Bangalore Police, which claims honors for low crime rates in Blore too is just as lethargic and disinterested in solving crime.
Old 21st January 2010, 14:12   #9
BHPian

Thank you everyone...
"Be the change to see the change" and that is exactly what I tried to do here.
Please keep your good wishes flowing...Thank You so Much.
Old 21st January 2010, 14:25   #10
Senior - BHPian

was the lost stuff recovered?
Electronics are very easy to dispose.
Old 21st January 2010, 14:29   #11
BHPian

Keep it up!!!!!!! Preetam.

I'm not surprised at the callousness of the Police. They are like that only. We've to mend them to get the things done.

Good Luck in future!

Hope to meet you in one of the meets Preetam.
Old 21st January 2010, 15:22   #12
BHPian

did you get back the stuff without any damages / loss ??
Old 21st January 2010, 16:40   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
was the lost stuff recovered?
Electronics are very easy to dispose.

In this case it wasnt disposed off, its with me.
Thankfully!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Keep it up!!!!!!! Preetam.

I'm not surprised at the callousness of the Police. They are like that only. We've to mend them to get the things done.

Good Luck in future!

Hope to meet you in one of the meets Preetam.

Looking Forward to meet you brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay456 View Post
did you get back the stuff without any damages / loss ??

No losses. Only the loss are the pictures in the camera from the show. The cabbie had formatted the card.
Old 21st January 2010, 17:06   #14
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on recovering your stolen goods with sheer grit & perseverence and a kick in the A.... to the law enforcers for their apathy.

The cabbie appears to be technologically smart as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
In this case it wasnt disposed off, its with me. Thankfully!

No losses. Only the loss are the pictures in the camera from the show. The cabbie had formatted the card.
Old 21st January 2010, 17:54   #15
BHPian

Hello everyone
This is my passion and as the report states, I am not a part time musician. I am a MUSICIAN and part time everything else..
23-yr-old Team-BHPian shows Cops how to solve a crime-dsc00145.jpg

23-yr-old Team-BHPian shows Cops how to solve a crime-dsc00147.jpg

23-yr-old Team-BHPian shows Cops how to solve a crime-dsc00150.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks