Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2010, 20:30   #241
Team-BHP Support

Flyover was closed today 7pm. Major traffic jam on the below road. Phase 2 to phase 1 took 20 mins and Hosa road another 15mins.
Old 10th February 2010, 20:39   #242
Senior - BHPian

Wow! I slowly see 765 crores go down the ...! If what Viduth mentioned happens frequently, the flyover would might as well be called a planning catastrophe.
Old 10th February 2010, 21:25   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Flyover was closed today 7pm. Major traffic jam on the below road. Phase 2 to phase 1 took 20 mins and Hosa road another 15mins.
Any idea why flyover was closed?
Old 10th February 2010, 21:28   #244
Team-BHP Support

Nope no idea why. Took the U-turn from Phase 2 heading towards Phase1. Figured something was wrong when I saw flyover lane empty but service lane on extreme left packed. Then when I reached Phase 1, wham, right in the middle of a Jam. Then Hosa road another huge pileup which took 15mins to clear. Thank god I take a right into Kudlu. I assumed Bommanahalli would be at its jamming best today.
Old 10th February 2010, 23:12   #245
Senior - BHPian

Traffic at Bommanahalli also was piled up as the flyover from this end was closed.
I just checked from from top of my house now and no vehicles are going on flyover.
May be some work going on toll booths?
Old 11th February 2010, 08:41   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Nope no idea why. Took the U-turn from Phase 2 heading towards Phase1. Figured something was wrong when I saw flyover lane empty but service lane on extreme left packed. Then when I reached Phase 1, wham, right in the middle of a Jam. Then Hosa road another huge pileup which took 15mins to clear. Thank god I take a right into Kudlu. I assumed Bommanahalli would be at its jamming best today.
Checked with BETL guys last night arround 11:30, they are installing signals, computerized booking counters, smart card sensors and gates and the building up the toll boths were complete and all electrical work was pending so they closed it, it might be close today also if the work is not done.
Old 11th February 2010, 08:52   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babaops View Post
why are people bashing only the cabbies, are they the only one at fault. what about the guys who cover the stretch of 9.5 km in 6 min (not wanting to be specific to one person but a general remark) and the like, are they themselves not responsible to add to the situation.
The cabbies (for that matter I would say any public vehicle) are blamed because they're the one who needs to be more responsible than the private vehicles; they make a living out of it & most importantly its not their vehicle. The point is even if you're able to cover the entire stretch in a minute, as long as you don't create even a minor threat to anyone on the road.
Old 11th February 2010, 09:43   #248
Senior - BHPian

elevated road was open today morning. Hope it is open in the evening too.
Old 11th February 2010, 09:47   #249
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Traffic at Bommanahalli also was piled up as the flyover from this end was closed.
I just checked from from top of my house now and no vehicles are going on flyover.
May be some work going on toll booths?
@CoolClouds,

What a view from your house !!
I had my own doubts on this flyover, not due to engg. but for the management of toll etc. Looks like its showing up. It should come to a stage where the toll collection happens out side this road. "Somehow"

@Asdon,

Good to know automation is underway. Hope, it still does not enter into a pile up scenario at the start.

Last edited by ampere : 11th February 2010 at 09:49.
Old 11th February 2010, 13:41   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
The cabbies (for that matter I would say any public vehicle) are blamed because they're the one who needs to be more responsible than the private vehicles; they make a living out of it & most importantly its not their vehicle. The point is even if you're able to cover the entire stretch in a minute, as long as you don't create even a minor threat to anyone on the road.
Just a couple of questions:

Why does a cabbie need to be <more> responsible than any of us. I believe its equal resposibility of all to be sane in their driving.

How would one know that he is not creating a threat to anyone while driving at a 120 ( taken as an example ) speed. The authorities have created a speed limit considering the overall traffic environment at the place and it should be respected. Atleast I get a little afraid when one zipps by me at a maniacal speed. Accidents always happen by chance and not intentional.
Old 11th February 2010, 15:35   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Do you mean to say, all ye silly people please drive slowly so that i (the expert driver) can zip at 120 without causing any accident?

Responsibility / Speed limit as i understand is for everybody..and that includes everybody.

Any rash driver WILL BE called the same EXPLETIVES irrespective of what he is driving...whether an Indicab / Merc or whatever. The only difference is sometimes i translate them if the vehicle is from my state.

-- Torqy

Last edited by Torqy : 11th February 2010 at 15:41.
Old 11th February 2010, 16:15   #252
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
Responsibility / Speed limit as i understand is for everybody..and that includes everybody.
Exactly.. It doesn't matter if I am driving a vehicle to earn my living, or for pleasure. I have to be responsible in all sense.

Problem is, these guys drive 24/7. Most of them are half asleep while driving. You can notice it by their red eyes. Ofcourse, they will make mistakes when the complete mind is not working (Half of it sleeping).

Now a days, I find our "auto walaas" more decent than these cabbies, they are small in size and you can get a pass. I personally hate the SUMOes (Cabs only)... 8 people loaded, emitting black smoke, suspensions being tested with high speeds on 'Bangalore's good roads'..!

Last edited by Ranjan Sharma : 11th February 2010 at 16:16.
Old 11th February 2010, 16:28   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
Do you mean to say, all ye silly people please drive slowly so that i (the expert driver) can zip at 120 without causing any accident?

Any rash driver WILL BE called the same EXPLETIVES irrespective of what he is driving...whether an Indicab / Merc or whatever. The only difference is sometimes i translate them if the vehicle is from my state.

-- Torqy
I agree here.

On long weekends, many of "expert private guys" "fly" to their home town.
You may take a drive on Bangalore-Salem/Bangalore-Chennai stretch (or any) and see how rash many of these educated drivers drive and how they trouble others.

Don't expect that private cars are doing a safe drive always
Old 11th February 2010, 16:53   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
I agree here.

On long weekends, many of "expert private guys" "fly" to their home town.
You may take a drive on Bangalore-Salem/Bangalore-Chennai stretch (or any) and see how rash many of these educated drivers drive and how they trouble others.

Don't expect that private cars are doing a safe drive always
Forget weekends and highways, on elevated tollway itself most of the violators are private vehicles, driven by highly educated IT employees.
Its not that they are not aware of the importance of safe driving, they never do this in any developed countries when they go for 'onsite' project!!

In India those who;
ride two wheelers are rude/arrogant to pedestrians
drive four wheelers are rude/arrogant to pedestrians/two wheeler riders

Again this arrogance/rudeness and lack of driving discipline are directly proportional to the cost of the vehicle they are driving.

Just my observation!!!

Again some exceptions are there!!

Last edited by Latheesh : 11th February 2010 at 17:03.
Old 11th February 2010, 17:26   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babaops View Post
Just a couple of questions:

Why does a cabbie need to be <more> responsible than any of us. I believe its equal resposibility of all to be sane in their driving.
Driving is the cabbie's occupation. He is on the roads for 8-10 hours or more. So, a good or bad behaviour from him will have big impact.

Compared to this, most of us, members of this forum, would be having other occupations. We would be commuting to/from office and this would be the major time that we end up driving. Hence, it is all the more important that the professional drivers have good mannerisms. This does not mean each of us need not have. But the cabbie can make a bigger difference.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks