Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2010, 10:37   #286
Senior - BHPian

@Santosh, thanks for putting up the map. In a bird's view rather Road's view Hosa road is sometimes called called Jail road. This runs parallel to Bangalore central jail(Parapana Agrahara). This connects the Naganathapura(Mico gate) road with the Sarjapur road junction where the fly over is getting constructed.
Old 19th February 2010, 10:44   #287
Senior - BHPian

How many TBHPians are planning to use the elevated way after toll introduction?
Old 19th February 2010, 11:54   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjan Sharma View Post
Exactly.. It doesn't matter if I am driving a vehicle to earn my living, or for pleasure. I have to be responsible in all sense.
True that everyone has to be responsible & the cabbies should be more responsible that they're answerable to the owner of the car. Answer lies below from your point

Quote:
Problem is, these guys drive 24/7. Most of them are half asleep while driving. You can notice it by their red eyes. Ofcourse, they will make mistakes when the complete mind is not working (Half of it sleeping).
couple of mistakes like feeling dozzy at 60??? . BTW, when they feel sleepy, they should take a break right? If not it becomes another post in the thread "Accidents in India - PICS" right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajtheindian View Post
can't agree with your point mate, every road user has the same responsibility, drive safely, care about other road users,
you don't need to be educated or techie to follow this, all it needs is a bit of common sense
No problem Raj, you've expressed your view like I did . But the above point from Ranjan answers what I intended & that's why I say cabbies needs to be more responsible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
Do you mean to say, all ye silly people please drive slowly so that i (the expert driver) can zip at 120 without causing any accident?

Responsibility / Speed limit as i understand is for everybody..and that includes everybody.

Any rash driver WILL BE called the same EXPLETIVES irrespective of what he is driving...whether an Indicab / Merc or whatever. The only difference is sometimes i translate them if the vehicle is from my state.

-- Torqy
Torqy the answer lies above post from Ranjan

Quote:
Originally Posted by highsteem View Post
It is nice to know that people are asking questions and getting educated.

Amohit, if you re-read the sign boards on many roads/highways, you will see that 2 wheelers have lower speed limit (say 40km/hr) compared to cars (60km/hr). Hence they never should be on the right lane, because they have a lower max speed limit.
Sorry highsteem, I'd beg to differ here. Things are changing & as usual our govt has failed to notice things. Just compare the speeds of baby ninja & Alto & that's what I'm talking about. Right lanes are simply fast lanes no matter what vehicle.
Old 19th February 2010, 16:23   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Not me! Well, I can't; I need to get off of Hosur road before the elevated highway ends

I hope everyone else takes it though! Will make my life easier
Old 19th February 2010, 17:26   #290
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
couple of mistakes like feeling dozzy at 60??? .
Yeah, people feel sleepy at 100 also, haven't you heard of it ever?

Quote:
BTW, when they feel sleepy, they should take a break right?
They should take a break, but they DON'T..! That's how it works.

Quote:
If not it becomes another post in the thread "Accidents in India - PICS" right?
I was not talking for any particular thread. it was in General.
Old 19th February 2010, 17:29   #291
Senior - BHPian

Induced Road Rage

Not a one off incident, but a repeated one. Today was the 3rd time my office BUS driver got pissed off by a moron (Tata Ace) on the right lane doing MAX-40-45KMPH. He got annoyed coz its difficult to change lanes with such a big vehicle, cut down a gear, overtake (of course) negotiating other (correct) slow vehicles in the left lane and get back on the right lane.

Half-distance into overtaking, he BLARED his horn to give a ear-ful to the Ace driver, and then nearly side-swiped him forcing him to brake hard.

Then after completing the overtaking move - he was constantly watching his mirrors, and then he slowed down drastically to irritate the Ace behind him!! I was feeling bad since he ended up slowing a lot more than just the moron in the Ace.

What to do!! I banged my head after this (very frequent) incident - and walked into the office.
Old 19th February 2010, 18:53   #292
BHPian

Doesn't HOSA in Hosa road stand for Hosur road - Sarjapur road instead of hosa as in new?

Last edited by bullinb : 19th February 2010 at 19:03.
Old 19th February 2010, 19:01   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, people feel sleepy at 100 also, haven't you heard of it ever?

They should take a break, but they DON'T..! That's how it works.

I was not talking for any particular thread. it was in General.
Ranjan, these are never ending healthy debates, we can discuss about these to death with never ending solutions; the point I try to make is cabbies should be more careful/responsible or whatever you term because for all the points that we've been talking so far. I hope you got the crux.
Old 19th February 2010, 19:03   #294
Senior - BHPian

"Any lane is my lane" is in general the philosophy for almost all those vehicles, who merrily go at around 40 kmph on thr right-most lane even on highways. If you stop to tell them they are wrong, you get told, 'don't you have the other lane free? why don't you go through that one'. For them the elevated bridge or a normal road, makes no difference and 'traffic flow' means nothing to them.
Is there any way to educate them, other than 'irritate' them as the way the bus driver did.?
Old 19th February 2010, 19:22   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
"Any lane is my lane" is in general the philosophy for almost all those vehicles, who merrily go at around 40 kmph on thr right-most lane even on highways. If you stop to tell them they are wrong, you get told, 'don't you have the other lane free? why don't you go through that one'. For them the elevated bridge or a normal road, makes no difference and 'traffic flow' means nothing to them.
Is there any way to educate them, other than 'irritate' them as the way the bus driver did.?
Exactly, these jokers fail to realize that the same 40-45 kmph can be achieved on the left most lane as well.
Neigh, just because I have a TATA Ace, why should I feel inferior. Or probably a TATA ace and ilk guy must be feeling mighty fast at 40

Last edited by prince_pervez : 19th February 2010 at 19:27.
Old 19th February 2010, 19:24   #296
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Exactly, these jokers fail to realize that the same 40-45 kmph can be achieved on the left most lane as well.
Neigh, just because I have a TATA Ace, why should I feel inferior. Or probably a TATA ace and ilk guy must be feeling might fast at 40
Second one is more suitable

BTW we all know this is not happening only on the elevated highway. In Bangalore, fast moving vehicles are on left

Last edited by Ranjan Sharma : 19th February 2010 at 19:25.
Old 19th February 2010, 20:14   #297
BHPian

I dont know whether any one has put up these pictures, there was an accident (10th FEB) on the elevated hightway and my colleagues were in a cab. They took these photos.
Name:  Hosur 1.bmp
Views: 796
Size:  379.1 KB

Name:  hosur 2.bmp
Views: 1435

Name:  Hosur 3.bmp
Views: 851
Old 19th February 2010, 20:52   #298
BHPian

^ yep these photos have been posted earlier on this thread. However, one question that has remained unanswered was if the cabby was coming all the way on the wrong side or was it hit by some other vehicle and took a 180 deg turn. Can you ask your friends to clarify?

Regards,
Old 19th February 2010, 22:39   #299
Senior - BHPian

^^ Someone also clarified it earlier. The motorbike was hit from behind and the end result was the photo above. There were speculations of the biker being thrown below, but that too was negeted. Anyways, Like @amohit has requested, a first hand report is always welcome.
Old 20th February 2010, 09:13   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I won't be using the elevated expressway, at least not at the current toll rates.

Rs 30 for a 1 way and Rs 45 for a 2 way journey is too much. For Rs 45, I can fill almost a litre of petrol !

IMHO, the saving in time would not be more than 5-10 minutes if one is taking the expressway as compared to the road below.

The current toll rates seem too steep to me. Even the monthly pass is too steep. Had it been around Rs 500 per month, I would have considered.

Rohan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks