Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2010, 09:22   #301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
IMHO, the saving in time would not be more than 5-10 minutes if one is taking the expressway as compared to the road below.
If lots of public do not take expressway, won't the traffic on road below be heavy? And the saving time for those who take expressway will be more?

A wait and watch approach looks better.
Old 20th February 2010, 09:37   #302
BHPian

I stay in Bommanahalli, I could not find any difference in traffic even after opening the express way. Yesterday evening I waited almost 15 minutes for crossing the Bommanahalli Jn.
Old 20th February 2010, 12:00   #303
BHPian

The expressway is only beneficial for those who will be going towards E-city during 7:30am to 10am and comming towards silk board during 5pm to 8:30pm, otherwise the NH7 is perfect, and the toll rate will help reducing traffic on the bridge I stay in E-city but I will hardly use it, if not any emergency comes up.
Old 20th February 2010, 23:57   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
@Santosh, thanks for putting up the map. In a bird's view rather Road's view Hosa road is sometimes called called Jail road. This runs parallel to Bangalore central jail(Parapana Agrahara). This connects the Naganathapura(Mico gate) road with the Sarjapur road junction where the fly over is getting constructed.
Guys, thanks for the info. I didn't know Jail Road was now called Hosa Road. I went to Central Jail to look for some sites 3-4 years ago just outside the boundary wall. Didn't know it had developed so much since then.

Since I take the ORR to get to Hosur Road, I guess I wasn't paying too much attention.
Old 9th March 2010, 10:58   #305
BHPian

Update

Toll has started for those who are comming towards E-City phase-I, towards Hosur the construction of the toll booth is still on.
Old 9th March 2010, 11:26   #306
Senior - BHPian

I used elevated way today (11 AM) and they did not collect any toll. They stopped us to check the time required at booth that's it.
Old 10th March 2010, 20:48   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I used elevated way today (11 AM) and they did not collect any toll. They stopped us to check the time required at booth that's it.
Any idea what they are doing today? I saw one driver taking a slip from a counter, near SBI.
Old 12th March 2010, 09:51   #308
BHPian

Today morning @ 9:00 AM there was a huge traffic jam over elevated highway. Reason was back to back crash of 6 cars.

Today also they have not charged the toll amount, they just stop vehicles and the gate will close and open and then will be allowed to move on. Just to check and learn how to manage toll booths. I think this is good practice.
Old 12th March 2010, 09:58   #309
Senior - BHPian

Elevated way was closed at silk board entrance causing huge traffic pile up at Bommanahalli junction, Hosa road junction and elec city ph 1 entrance.
Old 12th March 2010, 12:04   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsarath View Post
Today morning @ 9:00 AM there was a huge traffic jam over elevated highway. Reason was back to back crash of 6 cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Elevated way was closed at silk board entrance causing huge traffic pile up at Bommanahalli junction, Hosa road junction and elec city ph 1 entrance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by praveencr85 View Post
Hello guys,
I saw two accidents involving 6 cars on the highway not too far apart
Ah ah!! So thats why the entire stretch was closed for traffic today morning. Bomanahalli was a big mess. My bus driver had eagle eyes, and never stepped onto the highway. Made a quick getaway thru the empty service road.

Do you recall which 'exact' point this 2 pileups happened? I have a hunch, thats why. I saw a bad accident last friday just between the BMW and Nice road intersection. A black Accent got totalled, I passed him just as the driver out of the mangled mess. He looked OK, but shaken!! There are 2-3 scientific points where accidents will inevitable happen!!
Old 12th March 2010, 19:55   #311
Senior - BHPian

Any information on toll? When are they going to start?
Old 13th March 2010, 13:16   #312
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore Guys,

If I am coming from Hosur and heading towards Mysore, planning to use NICE Road, would the elevated expressway help me in anyway or should i use the normal road only.

P.S. Toll not an issue as i prefer to zoom over signals than wait for them to turn green.
Old 13th March 2010, 13:29   #313
J.Ravi

Use the surface road [NH 7] only. Take left on the up ramp of NICE Road to go to Mysore after passing Electronic City on NH 7. The up ramp of NICE Road is located shortly after Electronic City.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 13th March 2010 at 13:30.

Old 13th March 2010, 17:43   #314
BHPian

Another accident today on the bridge, just after Jail road crossing, towards silk board. A swift banged into a school bus from behind and crashed till wild shield. No injuries though. Happened some time near 11:40 am today. Anyone has any more update on this? This road is becomming a trap zone day by day, authorities speed guns
Old 13th March 2010, 18:20   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Another accident today on the bridge, just after Jail road crossing, towards silk board. A swift banged into a school bus from behind and crashed till wild shield. No injuries though. Happened some time near 11:40 am today. Anyone has any more update on this? This road is becomming a trap zone day by day, authorities speed guns
I allways felt the road is narrow and that too all pathetic drivers occupy the right side of the road, people tend to overtake from left and I guess it's the issue for most of the accidents as you need to squeeze between bikers too...

Regarding Speedguns, I have seen it operational on Tuesday at around 4-4:30 in the afternoon, they caught few. It was placed in the rest bay in between.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks