Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2010, 15:33   #31
Senior - BHPian

^^I'm not sure about the dips. I have been on the road below and there is not a single dip thaaat large as shown. Surely the snap is processed for some other reason.
Old 21st January 2010, 15:39   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
Looking at the 1st photo posted in post #19, I am worried about someone carrying enough speed into the dips!

Hopefully from tomorrow, the Hosa Road junction will be free of traffic.
Its a bird's eye view and you don't feel once you are on it!!

I take this route every day and feels like the traffic at Silk board Jn. (landing) is going to be an issue.
Old 21st January 2010, 15:47   #33
BHPian

The knuckleheads in charge of policy making decisions are allowing bikes on the toll road, with a request that the two wheelers follow lane laws!!
I love a good bike as much as the next guy but since when have two wheelers followed any laws in Bangalore? I used to ride a bike to Jain College from Koramangala at the turn of the decade, If I rode like the nitwits do now, I'd be in heaven/hell unable to post on Team BHP!
I'll try out the road for a month or so, but we may all be better off taking the regular Hosur highway, especially if the law keeping lorries off the road during peak traffic times is still in place (although, I must admit, I see this flaunted on a daily basis !)
Old 21st January 2010, 15:55   #34
BHPian

I am more concerned about the traffic near electronic city entrance. Guess most of the company buses will be taking the elevated highway. So there is going to be lot of chaos unless properly managed.

I doubt if this elevated highway is going to be a success. Because the road underneath it is made a 10-lane road from 4-lane. I feel just small flyovers at important junctions would have been sufficient.
Old 21st January 2010, 16:51   #35
Senior - BHPian

Entry and exit points need to watched carefully , success of this project will solely depend on how freely a vehicle enters & leaves the elevated corridor.

In my opinion a well laid wide roads with properly designed flyovers & underpasses could have been an efficient solution than creating this elevated highway.

Another major flaw of this elevated corridor is that there are no exit routes at defined intervals. In case of an accident the entire traffic is susceptible for major blockages.

Hope all goes well.
Old 21st January 2010, 17:10   #36
Senior - BHPian

I don't think it is required to take the elevated road during off peak hours as the road underneath is good enough for a comfortable travel at present. Both roads may be maximum utilized in coming years.

Last edited by coolclouds : 21st January 2010 at 17:21.
Old 21st January 2010, 17:15   #37
BHPian

What they have done with the construction of the flyover is also to reduce travel time even if you travel on the NH below. There was truly only one bottleneck and that was Bommanahalli. They should have sorted it out and most the traffic woes would have gone. With the below road being 3 lane each side, I wonder at the usefulness of this flyover. Leave it to this government to construct grand solutions even to simplest problems.

I used to take this road for 3 years till a couple of years back and have set new records coming home late. Let's hope this solves the chaos.
Old 21st January 2010, 17:36   #38
Senior - BHPian

So, there is a toll also for the road below at Attibele. But is this for Attibele-Hosur stretch, or for Attibele-Silk board stretch ?
Old 21st January 2010, 17:53   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
So, there is a toll also for the road below at Attibele. But is this for Attibele-Hosur stretch, or for Attibele-Silk board stretch ?
Attibele tollgate is ~15Kms from Electronic City and you need to pay toll for entering and exiting between Hosur-Bangalore
Old 21st January 2010, 21:14   #40
BHPian

Hi Guys , cam across this thread and thought let me give my opinion.I stay in singasandra , before electronic city.I use the hosur road for my daily commute and i thought this flyover would be a boon if it shifts the traffic to the flyover instead at the bottom.But i realized after these 2 years that , the hosur road is right now 5 lane.3 lane and 2 service road on each side.The traffic jam occurs only at bommanahalli junction , hosa road junction , kudly gate and gharvipalya.I somehow manage to avoid all these junction to reach my office Opp.Forum by leavinf at around 8:00 AM and coming back before 6:00 PM.If NHAI had just carried out a study on the traffic pattern , it would dawned to them that making underpasses at all the above mentioned junction makes more sense and would be very very cost effective.Since the hosur road is wide , Underpass wouldnt have been a problem at all !!.Instead they decide to spend 750 crore on a " So-called-one-of-the-longest-flyover " which i see from todays Bangalore mirrors opinion poll among 15 techies that they will not be using it due to the toll !!! Where do our Babus keep their minds ?? Anyways i will not be using this flyover since i have to take U turn at Hosa road , but i pray to god all the electronic city techies do make use of this flyover and free up some space below !!
Old 21st January 2010, 22:11   #41
BHPian

I travel daily in Hosur road to reach my office in electronic city. What I have observed is the morning traffic is very fast moving where as the evening traffic is horrible. Now a days its taking 5-10 mins more to reach silk board from electronics city. Looking at this, the usage of this elevated highway will be more in the evenings compared to morning.

Also I dont think all the techies who travel to electronics city by their own vehicle will use this elevated road on regular basis.
Old 21st January 2010, 22:38   #42
Senior - BHPian

They invested huge money on this elevated four lane highway and left a not bad 10 lane road below without toll Don't know how many years it may take to recover the cost involved.
Old 21st January 2010, 23:35   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
They invested huge money on this elevated four lane highway and left a not bad 10 lane road below without toll Don't know how many years it may take to recover the cost involved.
The concession agreement is for 20 years. So the companies ought to recover their money and make profit well within this timeframe.
Old 22nd January 2010, 09:43   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post

For EC, a metro train from BTM / Koramangala with a huge parking lot would have benefitted all. Most of IT crowd stays in this area and a metro train would have definitely benefitted all! All other people who stay in other areas could have parked their car in parking lot or take Volvo till metro and then office in morning. come back and go home in car / Volvo buses!
My feelings exactly. I never understood the rationale of not extending the Metro to E-City in the South and Whitefield in the East. These are the two areas where the most rush hour traffic occurs. I know someone mentioned that an expansion is now being planned, or maybe the monorail (light years away!) might provide connectivity to these places. But still, it was downright stupid to not include these areas in the initial plan itself.
Also as recshenoy mentions a Park-and-Ride setup would have been hugely beneficial.

Another sore point is that BMTC has already announced that the Volvos to ECity will not use the elevated section. I understand that it is far more profitable to use the surface road (no toll + more bus stops/passengers), but may be they could have sent at least a few Volvos through the elevated section.

All said and done, I am still thankful for whatever road infrastructure coming up in Bangalore.
Looking forward to driving on that stretch!

Last edited by Count : 22nd January 2010 at 09:51.
Old 22nd January 2010, 10:15   #45
Senior - BHPian

Will the roads be blocked near by for the inauguration ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks