Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2010, 15:18   #481

In the recent rains there was water logging near to the center median. in the evening we were going towards silk board and in the opposite direction was a swift towards e-city he was zooming and suddenly water splashed and he lost control. His vehicle was skidding in sideways and his tail hit the median and stopped. fortunately there was no vehicle behind him. It was like in movies where they do stunts. no one would have expected water on the flyover.
when it rains drive cautiosly on the elevated express way.

Last edited by bharani : 29th November 2010 at 15:36.
Old 29th November 2010, 15:56   #482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharani View Post
In the recent rains there was water logging near to the center median. in the evening we were going towards silk board and in the opposite direction was a swift towards e-city he was zooming and suddenly water splashed and he lost control. His vehicle was skidding in sideways and his tail hit the median and stopped. fortunately there was no vehicle behind him. It was like in movies where they do stunts. no one would have expected water on the flyover.
when it rains drive cautiosly on the elevated express way.
yeah, i hit that patch too. it was at night and i don't think that area was well lit. travelling at 80km/h, it was almost like hitting a soft wall. the water caught me off-guard. had i been on my bike, things could have been much worse.

i couldn't see the patch of water because the people on the opposite lane (most of them) were using high beams and you know how it is when it rains and you've high beams in your face!

i thought at least BETL would have proper drainage. i mean we're paying for using it!
Old 29th November 2010, 16:03   #483
Senior - BHPian

^^
Some area near Gold hill square building is really dangerous during rain. So avoid right lane and limit the max speed 70.
Old 29th November 2010, 22:01   #484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
yeah, i hit that patch too. it was at night and i don't think that area was well lit. travelling at 80km/h, it was almost like hitting a soft wall. the water caught me off-guard. had i been on my bike, things could have been much worse.

i couldn't see the patch of water because the people on the opposite lane (most of them) were using high beams and you know how it is when it rains and you've high beams in your face!

i thought at least BETL would have proper drainage. i mean we're paying for using it!
Yeah - another mail reason for the lights to be on on the elevated highway. That patch of water is damn dangerous - even with bikes on them. I nearly skidded on that patch when going to office one evening.
Old 30th November 2010, 07:25   #485
Senior - BHPian

Any one tried contacting BETL on their website ? I hope the site is active !

Bangalore Electronic City Flyover | Elevated Tollway | Expressway | Highway | BETL

The waterlogging issue seems dangerous, I feel some feedback should be sent to the authorities at the earliest by all the fellow members here who were lucky to come out of their experiences
Old 14th January 2011, 22:55   #486
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore Elevated Tollway

Yesterday evening - 13/01/2011, when riding towards Electronic City on the Elevated highway, I could see huge amounts of smoke from the left side of the road below. Anyone know the cause. Did not want to stop, blocking traffic like some other idiots were doing!!
Old 17th January 2011, 06:47   #487
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Yesterday evening - 13/01/2011, when riding towards Electronic City on the Elevated highway, I could see huge amounts of smoke from the left side of the road below. Anyone know the cause. Did not want to stop, blocking traffic like some other idiots were doing!!
Even I noticed the same, but I was on the non-tolled road. There was also a fire brigade rushing. I felt some dry areas/grassland was on fire.
Old 22nd January 2011, 09:51   #488
Senior - BHPian

Portion of the big sign board indicating Electronic city - Phase II just before the elevated highway entrance from Silkboard side was covered with sheets yesterday evening.

Was the diversion closed to EC Phase II on elevated highway?
Old 25th January 2011, 15:35   #489
BHPian

I am not sure if this is offtopic but relates to BETL:

As all know, the BETL (Bangalore Elevated Tollway Ltd) has a tollbooth at Attibele also, just before the Tamilnadu border. For cars, it is Rs.30 for a day pass.
Question is, is there a pass for local users? I mean, I live in Hosur and commute to Whitefield daily, pass this tollbooth taking the day pass, and take right at Attibele towards Sarjapur. And return the same way.

I dont use the BETL's elevated tollway or the NH7 to Bangalore past Attibele, but end up paying for the daypass to pass through the point. Does BETL give any kind of pass for local users of this sort?

I've enquired at the booth itself few times, but the fellows there are usually clueless and say 'saar take daily pass, or take monthly pass'. Any inputs appreciated.
Old 25th January 2011, 15:56   #490
BHPian

Quote:
As all know, the BETL (Bangalore Elevated Tollway Ltd) has a tollbooth at Attibele also, just before the Tamilnadu border
I doubt this toll has anything to do with BETL. BETL is owned privately, while the toll at Attibele is owned by NHAI. The toll being collected there is for the flyover built at the four roads junction at attibele junction.

Correct me, if i am wrong here.

Quote:
I live in Hosur and commute to Whitefield daily, pass this tollbooth taking the day pass, and take right at Attibele towards Sarjapur. And return the same way.
You can easily commute in/out of hosur without paying the toll. You need to use the road from hosur which passes through Exide Industries in Chichurakanapalli and join the road leading you to sarjapur. I hope you understood the route i am talking about.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 25th January 2011 at 15:57.
Old 25th January 2011, 16:01   #491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by verditer View Post
As all know, the BETL (Bangalore Elevated Tollway Ltd) has a tollbooth at Attibele also, just before the Tamilnadu border. For cars, it is Rs.30 for a day pass.
Question is, is there a pass for local users? I mean, I live in Hosur and commute to Whitefield daily, pass this tollbooth taking the day pass, and take right at Attibele towards Sarjapur. And return the same way.

I dont use the BETL's elevated tollway or the NH7 to Bangalore past Attibele, but end up paying for the daypass to pass through the point. Does BETL give any kind of pass for local users of this sort?
Yes, indeed its very clever idea by BETl to have their tolls right over there. We should keep making noises, and one day it may be heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
I doubt this toll has anything to do with BETL. BETL is owned privately, while the toll at Attibele is owned by NHAI. The toll being collected there is for the flyover built at the four roads junction at attibele junction.

Correct me, if i am wrong here.
Next time you get the receipt, have a look. It should say the toll belongs to BETL.

Its not for the flyover over the attibele junction alone. Its for the road that starts from Silkboard to Attebele. For the elevated flyover to electronic city, its different tolls.
Old 25th January 2011, 16:21   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Next time you get the receipt, have a look. It should say the toll belongs to BETL.
it goes without saying that i will check it. Verditer can confirm this immediately for sure if its printed so.

Quote:
Its not for the flyover over the attibele junction alone.
Can someone reconfirm this.

Quote:
Its for the road that starts from Silkboard to Attebele. For the elevated flyover to electronic city, its different tolls.
But isn't this owned privately, i mean few companies in E.city has shelled out money to get this done, Infosys paying the larger portion of it. Isnt the proceeds going to these guys?

Obviously, each distance will have a different toll. I have also seen a toll gate just after the e.city, where 1) one pays toll to have used the tarmac from silk board to e-city, then 2)what is the toll which is being paid at attibele?
Old 25th January 2011, 16:26   #493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by verditer View Post
I am not sure if this is offtopic but relates to BETL:

I've enquired at the booth itself few times, but the fellows there are usually clueless and say 'saar take daily pass, or take monthly pass'. Any inputs appreciated.
What does your toll receipt say ? Does it mention BETL toll ?

I think you are confusing NH toll with expressway toll. Expressway toll is Rs 50 for car (day pass).

While coming from Hosur to Bangalore, it is always possible to avoid the BETL toll booth if you do not want to use the expressway.

Rohan
Old 25th January 2011, 16:31   #494
BHPian

Quote:
I think you are confusing NH toll with expressway toll. Expressway toll is Rs 50 for car (day pass).
you are absolutely right when you have written this.When did these guys increase the day pass to Rs.50 ? It was Rs.45 earlier.

I remember to have paid Rs.20 at the attibele toll for single entry and Rs.30 for entry and exit of the attibele toll within 24 hrs.
Old 25th January 2011, 16:38   #495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
Obviously, each distance will have a different toll. I have also seen a toll gate just after the e.city, where 1) one pays toll to have used the tarmac from silk board to e-city, then 2)what is the toll which is being paid at attibele?
This toll is for people using the "expressway" or the elevated bridge.

The toll paid at attibele is for the tarmac that is laid below the over bridge Including couple of bridges that pass over the junctions like chandapura etc...

Yes, I know. We are suppose to go free on this stretch. But BETL thinks other way.

Most Viewed