Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2011, 18:33   #496
J.Ravi

re: Bangalore Elevated Tollway

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
I remember to have paid Rs.20 at the attibele toll for single entry and Rs.30 for entry and exit of the attibele toll within 24 hrs.
The multiple entry/exit is valid up to 12 mid-night only. In other NHAI toll plaza, it is valid for 24 hours. Yesterday, I specifically enquired and when I learnt of this, I paid for one-way toll only as I would cross this toll plaza after mid-night during my Bangalore-Pondy-Bangalore trip.

Old 25th January 2011, 19:05   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
The multiple entry/exit is valid up to 12 mid-night only. In other NHAI toll plaza, it is valid for 24 hours. Yesterday, I specifically enquired and when I learnt of this, I paid for one-way toll only as I would cross this toll plaza after mid-night during my Bangalore-Pondy-Bangalore trip.
I'm not sure when this change happened, earlier it used to be 24hrs. My house is at Hosur and i travel to Electronic city daily!
Old 25th January 2011, 19:20   #498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4loys View Post
I'm not sure when this change happened, earlier it used to be 24hrs. My house is at Hosur and i travel to Electronic city daily!
this became effective few months back. the 24hrs thingy was better
Old 25th January 2011, 19:58   #499
BHPian

Quote:
I've enquired at the booth itself few times, but the fellows there are usually clueless and say 'saar take daily pass, or take monthly pass'. Any inputs appreciated
Verditer,

Please check the post no.25 in this subject posted by "PhrozenFire" I think you query will be answered.
Old 25th January 2011, 20:05   #500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Next time you get the receipt, have a look. It should say the toll belongs to BETL.
So, here is the receipt

Bangalore Elevated Tollway-img00275201101252002.jpg
Old 25th January 2011, 20:20   #501
BHPian

Jothi,

Thanks for taking the pain to post the toll receipt, i appreciate it.

Does this confirm that we are being fooled/cheated?

Why are they collecting toll when the complete elevated highway is still not done. i mean not even 50% of the original plan of 25 kms.

why should i pay toll at attibele ? for what ?

This amounts to cheating, i mean daylight robbery & that too cheating openly with information. See their audacity, they are giving receipt acknowledging the fact that they cheated us successfully !

They are also wishing us "Happy journey " in the receipt

what has come to government? Everywhere we get cheated/looted openly. what the hell? i am disgusted & upset.Atrocious, this is.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 25th January 2011 at 20:24.
Old 25th January 2011, 20:40   #502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
So, here is the receipt
According to the BETL website, BETL is from Bommanahalli to Attibelle!

See this page. You need not pay any toll for using the grade section (E-City exit to Attibelle), if you do not cross the toll.
Old 26th January 2011, 00:19   #503
Senior - BHPian

Wow, this is quite open cheating! Disgusting to say the least - and I am sure nothing will change it either!
Old 26th January 2011, 01:45   #504
Senior - BHPian

Used the tollway while returning from Chennai few weeks ago. Don't remember which place exactly, but there was no indication as to which lanes were for cash and which for Smart Card.

I went to the one with smallest queue and another guy followed. Eventually both had to reverse out and cut back in causing utter chaos.
Old 26th January 2011, 09:12   #505
J.Ravi

Quote:
why should i pay toll at attibele ? for what ?
The Attibele toll is for using the signal-free 6-lane expressway with two-lane service road on either side with grade separators at many junctions like Attibele, Chandapura, etc. Earlier, when this was a 4-lane stretch with number of crossings, there was no toll.

Old 26th January 2011, 12:50   #506
BHPian

There seems to be lot of ambuigity in the way the tolls are being operated.

Initially, this was a 765 crores elevated expressway for a total of 25kms. Now the project is just approx 9 kms having spent 450 crores. It was consortium of SOMA, NCC AND MAYTAS having a concession period of 20 years. It was on B-O-T basis.

It was PPP between ELCIA, Karnataka Govt and the Nhai with equal share between them. Later, i herard the local govt backed out.

Need to get in touch with somebody who knows the complete details of how this whole thing is working now?
Old 27th January 2011, 16:42   #507
BHPian

Quote:
it goes without saying that i will check it. Verditer can confirm this immediately for sure if its printed so.
Sorry couldnt reply earlier.
Nandan - yes, as shown already here, this toll is by BETL.. The toll receipt does say 'BETL', and there is a BETL office next to the tollbooth as well.

So BETL it is, and not NHAI toll.
Old 27th January 2011, 20:43   #508
BHPian

Hi verditer,

No need to be sorry.

I did get it as you know. But dont you think its wrong and strange for BETL to be collecting toll for the incomplete job.

By the way, did you get the route i mentioned through Exide Inds?

I visit Exide very often & then carry on to Sipcot Phase 2 near Perandapalli from here.If i use this route, I reach the main junction in Hosur from Bagalur side & take left to Ashok leyland Unit 2.

Hope its feasible to use this route.
Old 27th January 2011, 21:13   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Hi verditer,

I did get it as you know. But dont you think its wrong and strange for BETL to be collecting toll for the incomplete job.

By the way, did you get the route i mentioned through Exide Inds?

I visit Exide very often & then carry on to Sipcot Phase 2 near Perandapalli from here.If i use this route, I reach the main junction in Hosur from Bagalur side & take left to Ashok leyland Unit 2.

Hope its feasible to use this route.
Hi Nandan

As people have explained already here, I believe the Attibele toll is for the 6-lane stretch to Bangalore, with flyovers at Chandapura etc, and the service lanes all through, etc (I'm not counting the elevated tollway which has a separate toll ) - this improvement enables one to reach Silk Board from Hosur in 30 minutes flat (if taking the elevated tollway for the 9km stretch), so in a way it is worth it for people using this stretch.

My original point was that I do not use the NH upto Bangalore, but immediately at after paying the toll, leave NH7 and take the right at Attibele towards Sarjapur, and same way back.

Thanks for informing the route via Exide, I'm not aware of this and will explore it out soon if it is worth it. Earlier used to take the Bagalur - Sarjapur - Varthur route, but Sarjapur being what it is, is a bad choice and currently the Attibele - Sarjapur - Varthur route seems ideal except for the Rs.30 toll.

Will check out the Exide route and report back. Thanks again.
Old 28th January 2011, 21:16   #510
Senior - BHPian

People,

Looks like there was a huge pileup of vehicles in the flyover around an hour or so back. Any updates? Hopefully no one died cause it was quite horrendous it seems. A friend from office was coming towards Elec City when this happened on the opposite lane (towards Silk-board). He'd stopped his bike and even helped to pull out a driver from a tempo. He arrived in office with bloody hands.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks