Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2011, 23:39   #511
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore Elevated Tollway

Yes, when I was coming back from office in Ecity around 9PM they blocked the entry and told there was some major accident happened on elevated way and requested not to take elevated way. I took the road below and reached home @9.30.
Old 29th January 2011, 14:50   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
But isn't this owned privately, i mean few companies in E.city has shelled out money to get this done, Infosys paying the larger portion of it. Isnt the proceeds going to these guys?
No it is not a private road.. No private company from ecity, including Infosys has paid a single rupee to construct this elevated tollway.

It is BOT project , done by government.

the well oiled PR machine of infosys ( & to some extent other it companies of ecity ) have succeeded in creating a false impression that they have pad for the road.

Last edited by w 12 : 29th January 2011 at 15:01.
Old 30th January 2011, 00:02   #513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12 View Post
No it is not a private road.. No private company from ecity, including Infosys has paid a single rupee to construct this elevated tollway.

It is BOT project , done by government.

the well oiled PR machine of infosys ( & to some extent other it companies of ecity ) have succeeded in creating a false impression that they have pad for the road.
Are you sure about this info? I read an article / email long time back about Infosys & Wipro investing on the elevated highway.
Old 30th January 2011, 16:32   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4loys View Post
Are you sure about this info? I read an article / email long time back about Infosys & Wipro investing on the elevated highway.
100 % sure that no IT company has invested a single rupee in this project.

" A Consortium of Soma Enterprise Ltd (Soma), Nagarjuna Construction Company Limited (NCCL), and Maytas Infra Limited (Maytas) has built a 9 Km long 4 lane Elevated Divided Carriageway Road between Silk Board Junction and Electronic City Junction on a Build, Operate and Transfer (BOT) Basis for the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI). The Consortium will operate and maintain the roads in the stretch between Silk Board Junction and Inter State Border for the next 18 years. "

Bangalore Electronic City Flyover | Elevated Tollway | Expressway | Highway | BETL

Not one rupee has been given by either Infosys or Wipro. Infact none of the corporates in electronic city pay any property tax to bangalore city corporation ! instead they pay some pittance to a village panchayat.They are actively lobbying against paying tax to bangalore city corporation

They / their employees will be the first ones to complain about infrastructure / roads in bangalore , at the same time evading tax to citys corporation ..

Last edited by w 12 : 30th January 2011 at 16:34.
Old 30th January 2011, 17:35   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12 View Post

They / their employees will be the first ones to complain about infrastructure / roads in bangalore , at the same time evading tax to citys corporation ..
Sorry for going but please enlighten us how the employees of Wipro/Infosys can evade tax to citys corporation when the salary they get is TDS.
Old 30th January 2011, 18:11   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
Sorry for going but please enlighten us how the employees of Wipro/Infosys can evade tax to citys corporation when the salary they get is TDS.
Property tax paid to city corporation , paid annually , for betterment of infrastructure in city is different from the income tax TDS which happens in your salary.

The top management or Infosys & many other IT companies are the first to shout from the rooftops about lack of infrastructure in bangalore..but the fact is these EC based companies do not pay any property tax to bangalore city corporation !

They want the highest level of infrastructure support from bangalore corporation,without paying any tax to it..

The corporates of electronic city & their top leaders are ofcourse evading taxes to be paid to BBMP, as they continue to pay only a minuscule amount to some village panchayat of the area..
Old 30th January 2011, 21:16   #517
BHPian

Quote:
100 % sure that no IT company has invested a single rupee in this project.
You are right and me too found this fact from my sources. I was under the impression that the initial tie - up was holding good in this project, but not to be so.

But personally, i didnt like the elevated toll way. Its very congested. One needs to be very careful while driving on this expressway or one is sure to have a "BUNGY JUMP" minus the cords!!

W12, Thanks for setting my knowledge right on this.
Old 1st February 2011, 11:56   #518
Senior - BHPian

There was another accident today morning around 9.45 and few minutes traffic jam on elevated way. I could see patroling vehicle and an ambulance, looks like two wheeler accident.
Old 9th April 2011, 10:50   #519
Senior - BHPian

3rd april 2011, around 5Pm on BETL, towards Ecity. The shogun rider had LOTS of bruises in his right arm and the blood still hadnt dried up, God knows where he had a fall, and continues to do so...!! The guy with the brake light on was recording on his mobile...
Old 9th April 2011, 15:37   #520
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
3rd april 2011, around 5Pm on BETL, towards Ecity....
I have spotted exactly similar antics in Baannarghatta Road, amidst heavy traffic. I have no idea what these morons gain by jeopardizing the safety of fellow road users.

btw(O.T), did you get your bull bar?.
Old 9th April 2011, 15:40   #521
BANNED

Quote:
3rd april 2011, around 5Pm on BETL, towards Ecity.
They will prove Darwin's Theory sooner then later.
Old 9th April 2011, 15:44   #522
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday around 11.30AM I was doing 80-85 KMPH on right lane and a two wheeler (CBZ extreme) wanted to overtake me, he kept on honking and I was like ...what!!!!. May be he wanted to impress the chic (pillion rider)

Last edited by Latheesh : 9th April 2011 at 15:46.
Old 10th April 2011, 21:13   #523
BHPian

Quote:
YouTube - Stunting idiots on Blore Elevated highway - no protection...!!

3rd april 2011, around 5Pm on BETL, towards Ecity. The shogun rider had LOTS of bruises in his right arm and the blood still hadnt dried up, God knows where he had a fall, and continues to do so...!! The guy with the brake light on was recording on his mobile...
I saw similar eccentric behavior when I visited B'lore 2 months back. It was around 12 am and I was travelling towards Silk Board in a Santro. Suddenly an RX/Shogun zipped past me from left and the rider was doing a wheelie with a pillion. This really scared me since they did not wear any protective gear, not even helmet. These people are inviting trouble for themselves.

- Jose.
Old 11th April 2011, 09:23   #524
BHPian

Yesterday evening I had a tough time on the BETL, I was comming back from Silkboard to E-city at 6:15pm, at the entry from Bomanhalli I saw one BMW suv with 4x4 parking light on slowly going on the fast lane and saw one innova infront of the BMW, I thaught its a breakdown car, but the left lane was blocked with a Ford Endy with parking light on and they were going at 30kmph, what ever I did to get a way, they refused to, when I came close to the endy near the SASKEN building, OMG!!! I saw almost 20 highend SUVs from Ford to Volvo you name it a it was there going at 30 km blocking the fast lane, and one Kizashi, one BMW 7 series and one Jaguar, going on slow lane in a 50 mtr distance from each other, and all cars had minimum 4 heavily built guys and seeing me trapped in between them they reduced the speed to 20kmph, I some how managed to cross the Kizashi at the Lay bye point and got onto fast lane, and seeing that one beemer came real close to me like he will bang me, I couldn't increase the speed as there was one Prado infront of me, but after some time the 7 series gave me way on slow lane and I drove like a mad man to get of of the elevated road, later I discovered a wide range of sedans and suvs parked near my house near Hoskur gate, as there was some Wrestling happening there and all those biggies were heading towards that function. This was one real bad experience in my 6 years driving life.
Old 11th April 2011, 09:39   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Yesterday evening I had a tough time on the BETL
Thats scary. But why were they all going so slowly in the first place and not letting anyone else pass?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks