Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2011, 10:12   #571
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan

The board before BETL start is not big enough for newcomers to notice. That's the problem. Once my colleague from Pune took an auto to ECity and even the driver didn't know about this. But they were let go by the toll gate people after a warning!!
Forget about sign boards, the BETL guys were standing at the entrance of the ramp! They could have stopped this guy! Wonder why they didn't.
Old 13th September 2011, 11:11   #572
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore Elevated Tollway

I think the strategy to have lesser OBU lanes is to patronize cash paying vehicles. OBU people will anyway use the BETL since it is prepaid, however if there is a long queue for the cash lane, people would hesitate to use it.
Old 13th September 2011, 11:51   #573
Distinguished - BHPian

How many of the regular BETL user like me are now getting stuck on both sides every day since the past month on a regular basis?
Towards Ecity from Silkboard:
We have been ranting about it now that BETL users need to struggle through those BMTC and Private buses blocking the lane leading to BETL almost every day!!
Towards Silkboard from BETL:
It has become too common now to get stuck almost a kilometer and beyond on the Elevated bridge itself between 7PM and 9PM every evening.

Of course, the BETL has significantly brought down the travel time over this 9km stretch but the way we need to crawl to get in and get out of the section has become a pain these days; All thanks to the design where we have almost 5 lanes of traffic from underneath merging with 2 lanes of traffic of BETL and a majority of them wanting to enter the service lane towards BTM or HSR.
Add to that, we have Bus Stops almost after the BETL ends and again when the Silkboard flyover starts that keeps traffic at snail's pace.
Old 13th September 2011, 15:18   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
How many of the regular BETL user like me are now getting stuck on both sides every day since the past month on a regular basis?
Towards Ecity from Silkboard:
We have been ranting about it now that BETL users need to struggle through those BMTC and Private buses blocking the lane leading to BETL almost every day!!
Towards Silkboard from BETL:
It has become too common now to get stuck almost a kilometer and beyond on the Elevated bridge itself between 7PM and 9PM every evening.

Of course, the BETL has significantly brought down the travel time over this 9km stretch but the way we need to crawl to get in and get out of the section has become a pain these days; All thanks to the design where we have almost 5 lanes of traffic from underneath merging with 2 lanes of traffic of BETL and a majority of them wanting to enter the service lane towards BTM or HSR.
Add to that, we have Bus Stops almost after the BETL ends and again when the Silkboard flyover starts that keeps traffic at snail's pace.
I am in line brother, if I am comming from Silkboard within 9:30am till 2pm, vehicles which are supposed to go on the road under(NH7), block the toll road entry upto the last limit. For few days I saw BETL officials trying to stop the vehicles from blocking the road but the story is back to square one now, today I am going to BETL office to recharge, there I will lodge a complain.
Old 13th September 2011, 20:38   #575
Senior - BHPian

lookly what i found on the BETL this morning
Bangalore Elevated Tollway-_mg_1893.jpg
first when i saw, i couldn't believe it!

both won't budge and both are travelling at 50-60kmph! finally the scooter guy had some sense (maybe he saw the traffic build up behind him) and accelerated!
Bangalore Elevated Tollway-_mg_1895.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
I am in line brother, if I am comming from Silkboard within 9:30am till 2pm, vehicles which are supposed to go on the road under(NH7), block the toll road entry upto the last limit. For few days I saw BETL officials trying to stop the vehicles from blocking the road but the story is back to square one now, today I am going to BETL office to recharge, there I will lodge a complain.
you mean this way?

Bangalore Elevated Tollway-_mg_1897.jpg
IronH4WK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2011, 14:16   #576
Team-BHP Support

The pic with the cow is an excellent depiction of the state of affairs in our country. Wonder how much it was charged as toll.
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2011, 09:44   #577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
The pic with the cow is an excellent depiction of the state of affairs in our country. Wonder how much it was charged as toll.
No toll charged, cow was let off after a stern warning not to repeat the offence.

Rohan
Old 23rd September 2011, 10:35   #578
Senior - BHPian

These BETL morons are at it again. Looks like they need another dose of feedback.

From the past 2-3 days, only 1 OBU lane is operational in the mornings for entry to E-City and only 1 OBU lane operational in the evenings for exit from E-City.

These morons think that we stay in E-City and we commute towards Bangalore in the morning and return to our homes in E-City in the evenings. At least, the number of OBU lanes operational in the toll booth suggests this.

Guys, please give your feedback on BETL website. The GM is a nice guy, but it seems that he is not aware of the mismanagement at the toll booths. If we send enough feedback, he would definitely resolve the issue. When I gave a feedback on the BETL website 2-3 weeks back, the GM personally replied to my email and got the issue resolved immediately.

Rohan
Old 26th September 2011, 14:12   #579
BHPian

I got this reply from BETL today -

"
Sent: Saturday, September 24, 2011 11:52 AM
To:
Cc:
Subject: Problem faced by OBU users

Dear Mr Kumar,Mr Sarkar
Past few days we are having teething problems in the operating application leading to inconvenience to many users.We sincerely regret it.
We are working with our Vendor Ms Efkon to resolve these and provide adequate ETC lanes during Peak Flow in both directions.Until then, please bear with us.

Brig(Retd)M R Deshpande
G M
Bangalore Elevated Tollway Limited
Opp Moog Controls, KIADB Road,
Electronic City, Bangalore 560 100
www.blrelevated.co.in Ph 08028520758/59 "

So it seems the problem will be there for some more time

Last edited by GTO : 28th September 2011 at 11:25. Reason: Removing all email addresses, as requested
Old 26th September 2011, 14:50   #580
Senior - BHPian

last evening when we were returning from Hosur and were driving on the BETL i almost had a heart attack!

i was driving at 80kmph on the right lane when i saw a bright set of HIDs closing in on the left lane. all of a sudden there is this huge metal scrapping on asphalt sound and a while import (looked like a Porsche) sped by me doing at least 200kmph! yeah, i ain't kidding - before even i could make out what car it was, it just vanished! the sound was so loud our ears were ringing for some time after the car passed us (we had the windows down)!

piece of advice - if you see a speeding vehicle in your RVM, let it pass! BETL has become test bed for speed freaks!
IronH4WK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2011, 15:02   #581
Senior - BHPian

Correct! Here is one idiot who cut me so close without any signal when I was doing 80KMPH on the right lane. I had to brake hard to avoid hitting his car!!

Few minutes later I saw this estilo entering Infy campus!!
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore Elevated Tollway-estilo.jpg  

Old 26th September 2011, 15:07   #582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
lookly what i found on the BETL this morning

first when i saw, i couldn't believe it!
Cow on Indian road is not surprising , but how did it get on the ramp? And did it walk the whole 9 Km distance?
Old 26th September 2011, 15:13   #583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Cow on Indian road is not surprising , but how did it get on the ramp? And did it walk the whole 9 Km distance?
i don't think ze moo went the distance (pun intended)

maybe it went part of the way before the BETL folks gave a stern warning and chased it back
Old 27th September 2011, 10:55   #584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
I got this reply from BETL today -
So it seems the problem will be there for some more time
I'm sure these are some lame excuses to cover up the mismanagement of OBU lanes by the toll booth staff.

Anyway, the problem seems to have been resolved now. 2 OBU lanes are now operational in the correct direction both in morning and evening.

Rohan
Old 4th October 2011, 08:45   #585
BHPian

Last night at 10:25pm, there was a very bad accident on the toll bridge, towards down ramp on Hosur road, I was comming back from Koramangla, and saw 5/6 volvos lines up and not moving down so I took the EC Phase-II down ramp, and just saw infront of those standing buses, 2 collided vehicles, one looked like an red alto and other one was like tata ace or similar commercial van very badly damaged and rammed into each other, some Tempo travelor drivers were trying to help, and they said atleast one dead, not confirmed though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks