Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2012, 17:31   #616
Senior - BHPian

Today I noticed those barricades were kept on the left side. Earlier they were kept half on left and half the right.
Old 6th March 2012, 20:56   #617
BHPian

re: Bangalore Elevated Tollway

Today morning the barricade which was on the road towards EC was trashed by some heavy vehicle.

I Don't understand who got the brilliant idea of putting baricades on such heavenly congested roads. Till EC1 you have 5 sets of baricades in a streach of aprox 10 Km .

The introduction of barricades are leading to lots of minor accidents on these stretches. in the past two weeks i have seen 3 minor incidents at various barricades.

If the intention to control the speed i guess Speed cams in this stretch will help and also it will increase the revenue.
Old 10th May 2012, 09:56   #618
Senior - BHPian

Did you check out the new back breaking humps at the Electronics City Toll Gate ?

Not sure whether these elevated humps have been erected only in the OBU lanes or it is uniform across all lanes.

I request everyone using the BETL to give feedback on the BETL website regarding the following:

1. Unscientifically designed back-breaking humps at the toll gates
2. No action being taken against 3-wheelers plying on BETL
3. Why heavy vehicles (trucks) are being allowed during peak office hours

Rohan
Old 10th May 2012, 17:13   #619
Senior - BHPian

are you referring to these scientifically erected speed breakers?
Bangalore Elevated Tollway-_mg_6260.jpg

Bangalore Elevated Tollway-_mg_6261.jpg
Old 10th May 2012, 19:14   #620
Team-BHP Support

Why dont they just put some boulders on the road? Making our way across those would probably be easier than some of these car breakers.
Old 10th May 2012, 20:25   #621
Senior - BHPian

I'm sure those speed breakers are scientifically designed (to break the commuters' back and destroy the cars' suspensions)

Why can't they put the normal circular speed breakers ?

Rohan
Old 17th May 2012, 13:24   #622
BHPian

These days, the time I spend at the Attibele tollbothh has increased considerably; the jam at this booth morning and evening is heavy; and takes anywhere between 10 to 15 minutes to cross.
I'm mulling of finding a different route to byepass this tollbooth; anyone who knows of a decent road to Varthur/Whitefield from Hosur that doesn't go through this tollbooth, please let me know.
Old 20th May 2012, 10:21   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by verditer View Post
These days, the time I spend at the Attibele tollbothh has increased considerably; the jam at this booth morning and evening is heavy; and takes anywhere between 10 to 15 minutes to cross.
I'm mulling of finding a different route to byepass this tollbooth; anyone who knows of a decent road to Varthur/Whitefield from Hosur that doesn't go through this tollbooth, please let me know.
I am not too sure of where attibele tollbooth is, but I take the dommasandra-chandapura road. It reaches Sarjapura road. Reaching varthur from there is easy.
Old 21st May 2012, 08:12   #624
BHPian

Hi Folks,
I generally take the Hosur road (not the elevated road but the one below) from Silk board to E-City in the morning enroute to work around 6.45-7AM. This one time when I just crossed the Kudlu gate signal (which was off at that time) I saw a camera flash but wasnt able to locate its exact point. I didnt think much of it at that time, but a few days later I got a Notice from Bangalore Traffic Police about a Speeding ticket (fine of Rs.300) which mentioned the place of Violation as Kudlu. Generally at that time the road is kind of empty and I may have been cruising at around 80-85Km/hr.

I will no doubt pay the fine but just wanted to know if anyone knows exactly where it is located and what is the speed one needs to be under on this road since I presume this road maybe classified as a Highway and a speed limit of 80kmph might be legal?

Varun
Old 21st May 2012, 10:14   #625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi, you can take the Hosur-Bagalur-Sarjapura-Gunjur-Varthur road, the road is in good condition. Only narrow stretch is inside Sarjapura for about 1km. When you enter Bagalur town take a left turn towards Sarjapura at the circle, no toll for this road and manageable traffic.

Last edited by deehunk : 21st May 2012 at 10:18.
Old 21st May 2012, 10:23   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Hi, you can take the Hosur-Bagalur-Sarjapura-Gunjur-Varthur road, the road is in good condition. Only narrow stretch is inside Sarjapura for about 1km. When you enter Bagalur town take a left turn towards Sarjapura at the circle, no toll for this road and manageable traffic.
Hi Deehunk - thanks. I'm aware of this route however the getting in and out of Sarjapura is a real pain, and dont want to go through it. In google maps, I see couple of roads that bye-pass Attibele - one is the left turn at Indus Valley school junction with Exide board, which seems to go and reach Bagalur road just before Hosur.

Was wondering if anyone knows how good this route is; nevertheless planning to check it out one of these days.
Old 21st May 2012, 10:30   #627
BHPian

Quote:
anyone who knows of a decent road to Varthur/Whitefield from Hosur that doesn't go through this tollbooth, please let me know.
Isn't there a special booth for day pass at this booth ?

Well, there is a route from hosur to varthur. This route is from hosur - bagalur road- chichurakanapalli ( front of exide factory) -sarjapur circle - varthur.

But still suggest you take the toll, since taking this route may take additional time.
Old 21st May 2012, 10:43   #628
Senior - BHPian

All other roads near the border are in very bad condition, i am a frequent visitor to Hosur on weekends so I have also tried other options to get rid of the jam. The other option may be take the Thally road near attibele and enter Hosur from Sipcot Industrial estate, the roads are in ok condition.
Old 21st May 2012, 10:50   #629
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarunM View Post
Hi Folks,
I generally take the Hosur road (not the elevated road but the one below) from Silk board to E-City in the morning enroute to work around 6.45-7AM. This one time when I just crossed the Kudlu gate signal (which was off at that time) I saw a camera flash but wasnt able to locate its exact point. I didnt think much of it at that time, but a few days later I got a Notice from Bangalore Traffic Police about a Speeding ticket (fine of Rs.300) which mentioned the place of Violation as Kudlu. Generally at that time the road is kind of empty and I may have been cruising at around 80-85Km/hr.
Yes there's an automated speed camera on both sides of the road below the BETL. The exact location is the TAFE access Skoda showroom on the centre median. You will see a big yellow box with the camera.

The speed cameras are on both sides i.e. going towards E-city as well as going towards silk board.

The flash gets activated only if you cross above 80kmph.
Old 21st May 2012, 11:14   #630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Yes there's an automated speed camera on both sides of the road below the BETL. The speed cameras are on both sides i.e. going towards E-city as well as going towards silk board.
I have seen that yellow box. However they seem to be pointed the wrong direction. Does it only take pictures of your rear end?

Most Viewed