Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2013, 15:25   #691
BHPian

re: Bangalore Elevated Tollway

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
best of all!
OMG !!!! And that too during broad daylight??

I experienced a similar incident, in fact worse, while navigating the turn on the BETL flyover entering EC Phase 1. Slammed the brakes on the TBIRD along the turn and the puny tyres almost gave in but somehow managed to avoid a collision. When I was asked the guy sitting at the toll booth "What the heck was that?", he replied - "saar, he didn't have money to pay for toll so he decided to go back."
Old 25th January 2013, 17:54   #692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post
- "saar, he didn't have money to pay for toll so he decided to go back."
Woah! This happens only in India! I think the toll booths should be in the opposite ends in India, always!
Old 25th January 2013, 18:04   #693
BHPian

Quote:
this is dangerous and is happening more frequently on the BETL. keep your eyes peeled!

Attachment 1042225

Attachment 1042226

best of all!
Attachment 1042227
IronH4WK,

BTP has started a new initiative where in people can report traffic violations by sharing a picture taken from any electronic device (Check here & here). Considering the no of pics that you click (of the violators et al.), I am sure you'd quickly rise to become a "distinguished spotter" for the BTP in a short span.

Whats your gear by the way? for clicking without risking safety.
Old 7th February 2013, 12:30   #694
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know what has happened on BETL today ?

My friend is stuck in a traffic jam on BETL right now. There is a rumor that a major accident has happened and there has been a casualty.

Rohan
Old 7th February 2013, 14:14   #695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naut View Post
IronH4WK,

BTP has started a new initiative where in people can report traffic violations by sharing a picture taken from any electronic device (Check here & here). Considering the no of pics that you click (of the violators et al.), I am sure you'd quickly rise to become a "distinguished spotter" for the BTP in a short span.

Whats your gear by the way? for clicking without risking safety.
i know, but i don't intend to help them increase their revenue.

btw, i use an DSLR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Does anyone know what has happened on BETL today ?

My friend is stuck in a traffic jam on BETL right now. There is a rumor that a major accident has happened and there has been a casualty.

Rohan
when i was coming to office this morning (around 10:45am), traffic was help up till the beginning of the BETL ramp. when finally got closer, noticed a CBR250 rider inspecting his bike (and walking around in pain; maybe bruises) and a silver Vento being prepped for towing.

now, it was not clear who hit whom, but i did not see any dents on the rear of the Vento which leads me to believe that the Vento might have kissed the CBR.

anybody know more?

Last edited by IronH4WK : 7th February 2013 at 14:15.
Old 7th February 2013, 15:06   #696
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
best of all!
That is criminal! It really, really is a disturbing picture. Can you imagine a head-on collision because of that joker!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post
I experienced a similar incident, in fact worse, while navigating the turn on the BETL flyover entering EC Phase 1. Slammed the brakes on the TBIRD along the turn and the puny tyres almost gave in but somehow managed to avoid a collision. When I was asked the guy sitting at the toll booth "What the heck was that?", he replied - "saar, he didn't have money to pay for toll so he decided to go back."
I have nearly slammed into cars that take the turn towards EC1 and then decide they should have exited in another ramp. Slowly backing up on the turn. I've given them a piece of my mind but as usual - they treated me like it was my fault.
Old 7th February 2013, 15:34   #697
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
when i was coming to office this morning (around 10:45am), traffic was help up till the beginning of the BETL ramp. when finally got closer, noticed a CBR250 rider inspecting his bike (and walking around in pain; maybe bruises) and a silver Vento being prepped for towing.

now, it was not clear who hit whom, but i did not see any dents on the rear of the Vento which leads me to believe that the Vento might have kissed the CBR.

anybody know more?
There has been another major accident on the Elevated Road today. I don't have the details, but it seems that a truck has hit a scooterette.

The truck is not in a driveable condition. I wonder how they will tow a loaded truck.

Expect a huge jam on your way back.

Rohan
Old 7th February 2013, 15:52   #698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
There has been another major accident on the Elevated Road today. I don't have the details, but it seems that a truck has hit a scooterette.

The truck is not in a driveable condition. I wonder how they will tow a loaded truck.

Expect a huge jam on your way back.

Rohan
hmm.. just looked out of my office and the traffic seems to be moving normally. where exactly did this happen?
Old 7th February 2013, 18:22   #699
Senior - BHPian

Nope, no sign of any accident on my way back home. No truck or a two wheeler. Tried to see on the other side too, didn't see any truck. Traffic was normal.
Old 8th February 2013, 09:57   #700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nope, no sign of any accident on my way back home. No truck or a two wheeler. Tried to see on the other side too, didn't see any truck. Traffic was normal.
The accident happened around noon time near Trident Hyundai. It happened on the way to Electronic City. (I got confused earlier and thought that the accident happened in the other direction, hence was expecting a traffic jam on the way back).

Good that they were able to move the truck before evening.

Rohan
Old 18th February 2013, 17:43   #701
BHPian

Guys need some help from you. I have to travel to Electronic city Wipro office from Koramangala tomorrow evening around 5.30PM. I will take the BETL to reach electronic city. The question I have is

1. Do you have a ramp going down to electronic city to the right when driving from city or do we need to exit in the toll booth further down in hosur road and take a U-turn and come back to electronic city?

2. While going back, I will have to take the NICE road. I am guessing that I just take the road below, take a left into service road on Hosur road and drive in the service road itself until I reach NICE road.

Please help to confirm. I have never traveled in BETL or to electronic city before. I know it is going to be peak hour traffic during evening time there and hence donot want to get stuck or block traffic behind by my assumptions.
Old 18th February 2013, 17:58   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
1. Do you have a ramp going down to electronic city to the right when driving from city or do we need to exit in the toll booth further down in hosur road and take a U-turn and come back to electronic city?
There is a turnoff going west into Electronic City (the first gate) and it was quite well marked the last time I saw it. Not a problem. The tollbooth is at the end of this turnoff.

Regarding the traffic scene, I'm sure some of the regular travellers on this route would be able to help.

And yes, your route to NICE road seems fine. Just take care when on the service road.

Cheers,
Rahul
voodoochild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2013, 09:03   #703
Senior - BHPian

Appears there has been an accident on the BETL flyover which has caused a massive traffic jam.

As i type this, the jam is being cleared - as per my colleagues.

Luckily i missed getting stuck in this jam as i reached work at 7.30 am. Phew !!!
Old 21st May 2013, 10:03   #704
Senior - BHPian

Any updates on the current situation?
Old 21st May 2013, 11:07   #705
Senior - BHPian

As I saw while coming towards Silk board the pile up of vehicles was very long and clearing was happening.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks