Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2017, 18:58   #811
BHPian

Re: Bangalore Elevated Tollway

Hi,

Today while coming to e-city, noticed the recovery truck of NHAI at the start of the flyover, it had a mannequin, bright orange in colour, with a red flag waving from its hand.

It makes a lot of sense to place such mannequins a lot before a broke down vehicle or an accident, good move by BETL, hope they add flashing bright lights also.

Regards
Shailesh
Old 10th February 2017, 15:58   #812
Senior - BHPian

For the last few days, I have been observing that the BETL staff is not making efficient use of the available FastTag lanes.

There are 4 FastTag lanes available at Electronic City Phase 1 toll gate.

Earlier, they were using 3 FastTag lanes for entry towards Electronic City in the morning and 1 FastTag lane for the reverse direction. In the evening, they would switch over the middle 2 lanes so that 3 FastTag lane can be used for exit from Electronic City in the evening. This approach was logical since there is more incoming traffic in the morning and more outgoing traffic in the evening.

But for the last few days, I have been observing that they are maintaining 2 + 2 FastTag lanes for Entry & Exit throughout the day. This approach defeats all common sense, makes inefficient use of the available resources and causes unnecessary time wastage for the commuters.

I am not able to understand the logic behind this approach, except laziness of the toll booth operators and negligence of the higher authorities.

I request all BETL users to give this feedback on their web page / email ids, so that the problem is brought to the notice of the concerned authority and the necessary action can be taken.

Rohan
Old 12th February 2017, 23:37   #813
Senior - BHPian

I did a re-charge of my Pass recently online and found that they added an additional service charge of Rs.40. As per some announcement of Arun Jaitley after demonetization, are we not supposed to receive a refund of 10% or so for using electronic payments for government related tolls? Isnt the Elevated highway part of or come under the NHAI?
Old 1st March 2017, 15:34   #814
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I did a re-charge of my Pass recently online and found that they added an additional service charge of Rs.40.
Not sure about charges for the BETL tag recharge, however similar cashback is announced for Fastag too.
On recharging my Fastag account I too have to pay transaction charges, however I get 10% cash back on toll amounts. So in short the cashback is for around 7.5% or so.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 17:51   #815
BHPian

Has anyone noticed people parking their vehicles on the lay-by late at night/early morning and standing there drinking? It's become a common sight when I head back home from BTM layout to E-City at around 2:30 - 3:00 AM.
Infact, last week I noticed cars parked there playing loud music and people standing around the car with bottles of beer in their hand. Infact almost everyday, you'd notice liquor and beer bottles lying around in the lay-by area.

I raised an online complaint on the Bangalore Traffic Police Portal and they forwarded my complaint to the Madivala police station, that was last Friday, but there hasn't been any response from them.
Snehal Sekhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 18:20   #816
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snehal Sekhar View Post
I raised an online complaint on the Bangalore Traffic Police Portal and they forwarded my complaint to the Madivala police station, that was last Friday, but there hasn't been any response from them.
It is appreciable that you reported the same to police.

With the plan of splitting Madiwala police station limits in dilemma since a while, one can only pity the police personnel as of now. Hence do not have hopes of a speedy resolution of the issue.

You can refer below articles to see a trend on how the same plan is discussed year on year without any progress on ground -

Dec 2015 article . Link
Quote:
The official population of Madiwala and the areas it encompasses is around 15 lakh people; this roughly translates into one police personnel for every 15,000 ordinary citizens! With a recent government notification paving the way for the brand new Bommanahalli police station, Madiwala's workload to be relieved by at least 40 percent

Oct 2016 article. Link
Quote:
While the exercise will benefit citizens, legislators are concerned over losing a revenue-earning police station
Old 9th June 2017, 11:23   #817
Senior - BHPian

BETL toll recharge option is now available on paytm.

No extra processing charges. In fact, they even give a cashback on first recharge.

Rohan
Old 3rd July 2017, 18:14   #818
BHPian

I purchased a monthly pass for Rs. 1365 as per the revised rates from the BETPL office at Electronic City Phase 1. The process was easy and got the tag issued in less than 15 mins. The delay was owing to my own confusion over FastTag vs BETPL tag and the guy before me. The TAG was also stuck by a security instantly. I was also informed that it can be recharged using PayTM.

But I am doubtful if I will be able to use a FastTag near this tag (by temporarily affixing) during my usage of the car on highway at other toll plazas. Will there be any interference, etc. that will cause an issue? Is there someone who has experience using both simultaneously?
Old 3rd July 2017, 19:23   #819
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetSC View Post
But I am doubtful if I will be able to use a FastTag near this tag (by temporarily affixing) during my usage of the car on highway at other toll plazas. Will there be any interference, etc. that will cause an issue? Is there someone who has experience using both simultaneously?
Let me clear this for you as I had both FASTag as well as BETPL RFID on my windscreen for few months before I removed BETPL due to issues.

Case 1:

Balance in BETPL and Balance in FASTag:
Gate opens flawlessly after scanning and amount is decucted only from BETPL account.

Case 2:

No/less Balance in BETPL and sufficient balance in FASTag:
Gate won't open and you are stuck even when you have money in FASTag account.

So to make things work, both the accounts needs to have sufficient balance and still your BETPL tag will take preference and function.

The FASTag won't work till you remove the BETPL tag completely.

However, FASTag works without issues on regular highways even with BETPL tag on windscreen.

Hope this helps.
Old 3rd July 2017, 19:33   #820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Let me clear this for you as I had both FASTag as well as BETPL RFID on my windscreen for few months before I removed BETPL due to issues.

I have only FasTag and while returning from Chennai it was accepted without any issues. So does that mean you do not need the BETPL tag if you have FasTag to use the elevated tollway?

Can others shed some more light on this one?

Last edited by ampere : 3rd July 2017 at 21:33. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 3rd July 2017, 19:51   #821
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
Fastag has 2 dedicated lanes from E-City side when coming into the city and 1 lane when going from the city and exiting at E-City.
To use these lanes you need to have Fastag, that's it.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2017, 19:55   #822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
=========
Hope this helps.
Thanks for the information. So does this mean that I can keep both the BETPL and FastTag stuck at the same time while using the Elevated Highway? The case where there is no balance in BETPL does not arise as I have a monthly pass. My concern in doing so is because I was informed by the BETPL executives that I will be charged in the FastTag regardless of the BETPL tag, ending up paying twice. Are you sure this will not happen?
Old 3rd July 2017, 20:13   #823
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
I have only FasTag and while returning from Chennai it was accepted without any issues. So does that mean you do not need the BETPL tag if you have FasTag to use the elevated tollway?

On BETL, both work. Either FASTag or BETPL tags. My response was to those who have both and how one takes precedence over the other when you have both.

NPV has already mentioned about the lanes which holds good for regular travellers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetSC View Post
My concern in doing so is because I was informed by the BETPL executives that I will be charged in the FastTag regardless of the BETPL tag, ending up paying twice. Are you sure this will not happen?
I had BETPL balance based pass and hence I shared my experience.

The only logic I known is that when there are 2 tags, it's BETPL that gets precedence.

So I have had cases when both tags had sufficient balance but money deducted only from BETPL tag and not from FASTag. I am 100% sure as I would be the first one to get worried if deduction happened from both tags as that's my daily route to office .

Last edited by ampere : 3rd July 2017 at 21:32. Reason: back to back posts merged
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 11:33   #824
Senior - BHPian

I had both & had a lot of issues :
- did not recognise either (contention?)
- charged both

So, transferred the amount to the other car & destroyed the BETL tag.

BTW, BETL does not return money. So, do not overcharge.
Old 4th July 2017, 13:27   #825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
I had both & had a lot of issues :
- did not recognise either (contention?)
- charged both
Exactly my concerns. So do you know anyone who has found a way to use FastTag while having a monthly pass for BETPL?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks