Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Old 1st January 2020, 09:59   #871
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Bangalore Elevated Tollway

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
I am using BETL's old Fastag in my car.

Will this continue to be valid, or do we need to purchase a new Fastag ?

What happens to the balance amount in old Fastag ?

Rohan
Some of my friends told me that BETL is not allowing further recharge on the old BETL Fastag.

Can the other BETL users confirm whether the above is true.

So, this means that existing BETL Fastag users need to eventually migrate to new Fastag ?

Rohan
Old 1st January 2020, 11:40   #872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Some of my friends told me that BETL is not allowing further recharge on the old BETL Fastag.

Can the other BETL users confirm whether the above is true.

So, this means that existing BETL Fastag users need to eventually migrate to new Fastag ?

Rohan
This is the same information I got. You can use the old tag till the prepaid balance runs out, then you will need a new Fastag.
Old 1st January 2020, 13:11   #873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
This is the same information I got. You can use the old tag till the prepaid balance runs out, then you will need a new Fastag.
That is correct. MoRTH, NHAI & IHMCL have a clear roadmap of migrating all PPP 'toll tags' to FASTag. This will eventually clear the way towards the fairer (gantry-based) pay-as-per-actual use electronic tolling across India.

I foresee in a couple of years, all toll-booths will be removed (as much as practical) and the entire process will go digital + integrated with the GST portal for commercial vehicles. Of course, Big Brother will then watch and know everything.

Last edited by itwasntme : 1st January 2020 at 13:38.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2020, 15:55   #874
BHPian

Quote:

How can I get a refund of the balance remaining in my old BETL tag?
Old 16th January 2020, 09:26   #875
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
How can I get a refund of the balance remaining in my old BETL tag?
I don't think that you can get a refund. You can use the BETL tag till the balance runs out.
vikram_d is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 16:55   #876
BHPian

Quote:
I don't think that you can get a refund. You can use the BETL tag till the balance runs out.
Balance ran out but its not zero. I want that balance back, no matter what the BETL representative says. There is no official communication on such balance. An entity cannot simply usurp the public's money. The cumulative amount of such balance must run into crores which I think some people are misappropriating.
Old 19th January 2020, 14:53   #877
Senior - BHPian

BETL also seems to be doing away with the concept of "day passes" (Rs. 70). Now people who pay by cash will have to take the Rs. 50 one way 'tickets'. Only FasTag folks would get the benefit of reduced toll rates of Rs. 70.

I am also seeing lot of 'heated exchanges' between the driver and the toll booth staff and lengthier lines. In my limited experience the the most disorganized queue system, and 'toll dodgers' (picking fights with staff, showing all sorts of 'you know who I am' tricks) seems to be at BETL Toll booths and the Toll booth at Athibele.
Old 9th March 2020, 16:52   #878
Senior - BHPian

I was caught in a tricky situation last week while using BETL.

I am still using BETL's old Fastag, which I had purchased several years ago. Since I do not use BETL regularly, I still had some balance (around INR 400) in my old BETL Fastag, which I consume in my occasional usage.

Last week, when I entered the Fastag lane, zero balance was displayed against my car's tag. Luckily there wasn't much traffic behind me. With the toll booth operator's help I was able to reverse from the Fastag lane and enter the cash lane, where I had to buy a one way toll.

When I discussed with my colleagues, I came to know that this was a known issue in BETL. If one does not recharge the balance for one year, the system automatically makes their balance zero. On visiting the BETL office, the staff allowed me to recharge for rupees 10, after which all my previously lost balance came back and I can continue to use the same for another 1 year (hopefully).

Once this balance runs out, I will opt for the new Fastag.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th March 2020, 15:25   #879

Hello People,

My New Fastag was suspended because of low balance and I have not been able to recharge since that happened. I have a Airtel Fastag. I was passing through the Fastag lane at BETL Tollbooth yesterday when it prompted suspended. How does one unblock the tag? I have not been able to find any solution to this anywhere. Airtel IVR doesn't even have a Fastag section 🙄
Old 20th March 2020, 09:48   #880
Senior - BHPian

One of my colleagues met with an accident on the Elevated road yesterday.

He normally uses public transport, but was trying to avoid public transport because of the corona virus scare.

He was riding a 2-wheeler on the Elevated road. He collided with another 2-wheeler while taking the exit towards electronic city phase 1.

He has sustained head injury and internal bleeding.

I would advise 2 wheeler users to avoid using the Elevated road for their own safety. It is not worth risking your life and limbs for saving a few minutes.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed