Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2010, 17:38   #76
BHPian

Road is too tempting...
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore Elevated Tollway-road.jpg  

Old 22nd January 2010, 17:42   #77
Senior - BHPian

Hey the side walls are pretty high. Many were telling that 2 wheelers may fly off the road. Thanks for the snap.Good that they have a median and not like bandra-worli sea link wher they had kept those big fibre dividers at the centre
Old 22nd January 2010, 17:43   #78
BHPian

Some more comming, will take time as those are bigger in size to have to be edited before I can paste them, and just came to know the road is toll free for 3 days.

Last edited by asdon : 22nd January 2010 at 17:44.
Old 22nd January 2010, 17:45   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Some more comming, will take time as those are bigger in size to have to be edited before I can paste them
You need not edit them. Just open those pic in MS-paint and save it and there goes the size to max 500kb.
Old 22nd January 2010, 17:45   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
Hey the side walls are pretty high. Many were telling that 2 wheelers may fly off the road. Thanks for the snap.Good that they have a median and not like bandra-worli sea link wher they had kept those big fibre dividers at the centre
The fibre dividers on the sea link are temporary till both bridges are built. The sealink is a 4+4 lane out of which only one 4 lane link is ready so they put fibre barricades and made it 2 way.
Old 22nd January 2010, 17:46   #81
Senior - BHPian

More photos please!!
The divider looks well sorted out , not like the temporary ones on the Sealink in Mumbai, So know bashing the cars coming from the opposite side
Great to know that the initial impression is good. Let's wait for the reaction when they actually start collecting the toll.
Old 22nd January 2010, 17:46   #82
BHPian

Great...

With the median in place, the road does look good and safe to use. Will try it out on the way home this evening. Hope it is not jam packed.
Old 22nd January 2010, 17:47   #83
BHPian

Quote:
You need not edit them. Just open those pic in MS-paint and save it and there goes the size to max 500kb.
the way I am posing them is send mail from mobile to mail id them opening, my mobile email supports images less than 300 kb so can't send them now, will go home and use bluetooth to send them to desktop and post
Old 22nd January 2010, 17:52   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
The fibre dividers on the sea link are temporary till both bridges are built. The sealink is a 4+4 lane out of which only one 4 lane link is ready so they put fibre barricades and made it 2 way.
@vid, thanks for the info.But how unfortunate that by the time people got used to it, there were so many accidents.A small safety measure would have saved it. Never-the-less here it not the case. Everyone are safe I hope.
Old 22nd January 2010, 17:52   #85
BHPian

Watch out for the Interceptors - poor bikers don't read newspaper in the morning
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore Elevated Tollway-interceptor.jpg  

Old 22nd January 2010, 17:57   #86
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes the guard rail are tall but still not good enough, especially with speed people have a tendency to fly. Just day before a Pulsar 200 guy, panicked and spilled in front of my office, he landed around 15 feet away after a flight, so you can imagine the possibilities.

As long as people drive within speed limits and treat it as a elevated road (not a freeway), things will be fine. When temptation of these fabulous roads finger the emotions things go wrong
Old 22nd January 2010, 18:02   #87
Senior - BHPian

I am updating this thread on Pervez's behalf:

He just reached Electronic City from Jayanagar in 25 minutes flat. The road below the expressway is not blocked. The expressway is half open.
Old 22nd January 2010, 18:54   #88
BHPian

I think the toll chart is too high, the only time Bomanhalli gets chocked in morning 7:30 to 10 and evening 5:30 to 8:30 (guess work by what I have seen). For rest of the day the original NH7 is enough wide to travel, I doubt how many would like to pay Rs 30/- for onway travel
Old 22nd January 2010, 19:05   #89
Senior - BHPian

Reached home after a round trip on this highway. Could see long queue of vehicles towards city from Madiwala Total mall, above silk board fly over, continued over Bommanahalli Junction :(

Saw some wrekages of an accident at the entrance of fly over. The road is good and we landed in Electronic city phase I. There are sign boards to tell you the 80km/hr speed limit but saw some two wheelers flying. Don't know the speed limit for two wheelers. The return entry to fly over was blocked and we took the regular road below the flyover to Silk board. The road is wide enough with a three lane and two lane and saw lot of scope for one more lane, it needed. The traffic flow below the elevated road was very smooth except for the junctions.

Last edited by coolclouds : 22nd January 2010 at 19:11.
Old 22nd January 2010, 19:14   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

The dip seen in the initial pics must be the Silk Board junction fly-over, the flat after that near the Sirish Auto showroom, and then the elevated expressway.
Quote:
asdon : Driving on Hosur Road Flyover ....
sorry for poor photo quality, taken from cell phone
Quote:
Jaggu : @asdon: we want picture of the elevated flyover, not you on wheels
@Jaggu, should we del that first snap from @asdon ?!

They say it ain't over till the paperwork's done.

Corollary (with specific reference to Bangalore roads) : It aint ready until the Speed breakers are in. .. So hang in there, folks. We can start the celebrations as soon as the bumps are put in & a signal thrown in for the feel-at-home factor.

Gentlemen, till that happens, pls hold your horses !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks