Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2010, 10:25   #106
BHPian

I have a doubt on the planning of toll booth for cars comming from Hosur side. They are making it just before the E-city junction from where if you take a left will reach SBI-Ecity.So after tolls are in place that straight road will be blocked, but then how the vehicles are going to travel towards SBI, Infosys, Siemens etc?
Old 23rd January 2010, 10:39   #107
Senior - BHPian

Vidyut, thanks for the nice review and snaps!!
Any update on traffic at Chandapura & Attibelle?

Today morning, the traffic on flyover towards city was very less and OK towards Electronic city. Bommanahalli Jn was crowded as a normal Saturday with lot of buses and lorries towards city and free towards Electronic city direction.

IMO, two wheelers on elevated highway need to be avoided as the speed is set at 80km/hr.
Old 23rd January 2010, 13:05   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
IMO, two wheelers on elevated highway need to be avoided as the speed is set at 80km/hr.
I also shere the same opinion. Yesterday I was a little skeptical about the width of the lanes and twowheelers criscrossing as usual between two lanes.

In any case this road is definitely not for higher speeds
Old 23rd January 2010, 16:17   #109
MCR
BHPian

Used the flyover yesterday night. Had gone to Hosur for a colleagues engagement. The time was 8.20 PM when we started on the flyover. Reached silkboard junction at 8.27 PM. Maintained the speed at 80 KMPH.
Road is good but narrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Encountered a "circus" couple on a Bajaj 125 DTSi zigzaking on the road. We used the dipper first, but no response. Had to use the horn liberally to ensure the guy noticed us and move over to the left lane. When passing him, saw a kid sandwiched between the two. I imagined the consequence of an accident for a while and shuddered. Had to give the guy a lesson on safe driving practice.
A simple question to authorities : Do you think a 99 cc HH Splendour delevering 7.3 HP and with those skinny tyres drive at 80KMPH? Please ban the entry of two wheelers. Else be prepared for a lot of accidents.

PS: No offence meant to two wheeler riders.

Last edited by MCR : 23rd January 2010 at 16:20.
Old 23rd January 2010, 17:27   #110
Senior - BHPian

big question. if i was travelling to hosur, can i board this flyover and get down at the other end and carry on towards hosur?
Old 23rd January 2010, 17:50   #111
Senior - BHPian

@vid, where did that 2 wheeler go man,In the video at the 40th sec he vanished next to you. It is very dangerous at 80km/hr speed. I think he was on hig.
Old 23rd January 2010, 18:41   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
big question. if i was travelling to hosur, can i board this flyover and get down at the other end and carry on towards hosur?
Yes you can use it to go to Hosur, keep the straight road, while reaching near EC you will find one road going down towards right side(to E-city Phase-I), keep straight, then one road going left towards E-city phase-II, still continue straight and you reach original Hosur road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
@vid, where did that 2 wheeler go man,In the video at the 40th sec he vanished next to you. It is very dangerous at 80km/hr speed. I think he was on hig.
I also encountered a gang of bikers going more than 80kmph, at about 10pm last night, and they were living on the edge..I also share the same view that 2 and 3 wheelers should not be allowed on the flyover, just because its too risky as the lanes are narrow to negotiate

Last edited by GTO : 27th January 2010 at 17:21. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 23rd January 2010, 19:09   #113
BHPian

First of all I have yet to understand the rationale of having a elevated road, just to cater to the requirements of a few IT companies, and over that you guys are talking about restricting the usage to only well of IT pros( who have got 4-wheelers).

Also, isn't the road 2 lane? and isn't the speed limit of 80kmph means the max speed. You surely can drive at a safer speeds of 50kmph in the left lane.

And most importantly, why are we forgetting about the overloaded, underpowered bmtc/pvt buses and lorries? With them around, I am sure the dream to zip on the elevated road at 80kmph will remain a dream!

Safe driving!

Regards,
Old 23rd January 2010, 19:18   #114
Senior - BHPian

I think, nowhere a two wheeler is permitted 80km/hr. Here also it may be something less but all those I noticed were flying. !! Even their speed restrict to 50-60 km/hr, it will be difficult to manage as the road is narrow.

I think, those vehicles can maintain speeds about 70-80 only need to be allowed as there are only two lanes and no one follows lane rules.

Last edited by coolclouds : 23rd January 2010 at 19:22.
Old 23rd January 2010, 19:26   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
First of all I have yet to understand the rationale of having a elevated road, just to cater to the requirements of a few IT companies, and over that you guys are talking about restricting the usage to only well of IT pros( who have got 4-wheelers).

Also, isn't the road 2 lane? and isn't the speed limit of 80kmph means the max speed. You surely can drive at a safer speeds of 50kmph in the left lane.

And most importantly, why are we forgetting about the overloaded, underpowered bmtc/pvt buses and lorries? With them around, I am sure the dream to zip on the elevated road at 80kmph will remain a dream!

Safe driving!

Regards,
Well the rational behind having a 9.5 km flyover was beyond my thinking because the only choaking point was Bomanhalli, if they had made an L shaped flyover from silk board to bomanhalli that shoud have solved the problem and implemented way back. But now we have the flyover and its certainly not to carter only IT companies, no one can comment that only IT guys are buying 4 wheelers. This section of NH7 is part of GQ between Mumbai and Chennai, GQ is implemented to provide smooth connectivity and all will agree that with so many junction points in Hosur road it was not possible. So many times I have seen an ambulance stuck in traffic in hosur road and no place to go. We know that there is one specialized Heart Hospital in Bomasandra, one cancer hospital, one trauma center. So its going to benefit all. As much as I know those slow moving BMTC/ private buses are not allowed and if not then also they will not use it, otherwise they will run empty. The road is not 2 lane, its 4 lane, 2 in either side. Yes 80 kmph is the max speed limit, but why do you want to use an access controlled elevated flyover by paying a toll of Rs 30/-, when you are going to drive 50kmph, use the 6 lane NH7 below, you will reach well in your limits( no offence please). why everyone is asking a 2 wheeler ban is for safety, because the road is too good to control yourself to keep at 80, and god forbid if somthing happenes the guy riding a two wheels will be at max danger.

Safe driving..
Old 23rd January 2010, 21:32   #116
BHPian

The vision from my office building (GHS) is quite nice. Day one observation are like this,
1. Biker was driving in Zig-Zag with Zooming speed.
2. Cabbies as usual driving in Mid of the Road as if RTO has asked them to Keep the White Line in Center of the vehicle and drive
3. Over speeding vehicle.

I believe that a Speed Gun is must here.
Old 23rd January 2010, 22:21   #117
BHPian

Hi guys, went for a ride 2 hours back.All the points made above are true.Took me 10 minutes to reach E-city phase 1 toll both.The roads are narrow and it is absolutely dangerous for 2 wheelers to ride in zig zag manner.As usual the cabs were at 100 Kph !!!People were parked at the lay-bye taking snaps :-).All in all it will be very helpfull for E-City techies and more importantly to the Ambulances trying to reach the various hospitals after E-City.
Old 23rd January 2010, 23:40   #118
BHPian

No offence meant to people who don't want 2 wheelers on the flyover. You sound like ONLY you pay taxes. Please keep in mind that even the 2 wheeler guys pay taxes. Max speed of 80kph doesn't mean that you have to stick to 80kmph. One can drive in slower saner speeds too. A flyover is NEVER meant to FLY. Its just to avoid intersections.

Why is it that everyone wants to stick to the speed limit when its 80kph?
Did all these people stick to 40 where it was mentioned?

And to say that 2 wheelers don't keep lane discipline and zig-zag is a gross and partial generalization. Everyday i have to fight well-dressed MORONS driving 4 wheelers. These idiots don't have a clue about lane discipline or they're just plain ARROGANT.

-- Torqy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
The entire elevated highway has no emergency exits and no shoulder. If a vehicle has to stop for some reason, it will block an entire lane. What kind of road design is this?
@Samurai, You ain't seen nothing yet!
Come to Bangalore and enjoy the roads designed by pea-brained engineers.

We have junctions as big as a football field with no signals, markings, nothing. Thats called flexible design. One is not restricted to any particular path. We really enjoy this freedom.

That was just a teaser-ad for Bangalore.

-- Torqy

Last edited by GTO : 27th January 2010 at 17:22. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 24th January 2010, 01:25   #119
Team-BHP Support

Considering the amount of money spent, and flexibility to design from scratch which they had the liberty of, this was a really poor attempt.

Points as follows:
1.) The lanes provided are narrow.
2.) Absolutely no space on either sides in case someone swerves into your path suddenly which is a given on our roads.
3.) There is just one lay-by on the whole stretch, which is quite far from the entry.
4.) Future planning means its better to envisage increased traffic and opt for 3 lanes. However, this can be a limitation of the current allotted budget as well.
5.) No exit or entry to/from EC Phase 2 entrance.

While the road surface is smooth, the above points i mentioned are certainly a bother.
Personally, i wouldn't use this on a regular basis. Lets wait and watch how much this is patronized once the toll is implemented.
Old 24th January 2010, 01:26   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
Why is it that everyone wants to stick to the speed limit when its 80kph?
Did all these people stick to 40 where it was mentioned?
Every one is saying this because the road is so good, you can easyly touch 120+. But there are cameras and interceptor vans on the flyover, so they can atleast manage at 80. You put interceptor on road and you will see even bmws driving at 30kmph. Yes every one pays tax, and everyone is responsible for their own life also, the chance of a two wheeler getting into trouble in this flyover is more than a car, just not because the lanes are narrow, the suface is very smooth. Check with people staying near KR Puram cable bridge, how many accidents they see every month when 2 wheelers fly of the bridge. This flyover on hosur rd is long has dips and ups and curves as well which makes it a dealy combination of danger zone, people taking the flyover after paying the toll is not going to drive at 40km for sure. So it will be safer if 2 wheelers are avoided, anyways if we write here it doesn't mean that govt is going to listen, but fellow motorists who view this forum become aware of the situation.

There entry from EC-2 is with another bridge which is under construction and it will join before hosur rd and ECity junction with common traffic comming from Hosur side.

Last edited by asdon : 24th January 2010 at 01:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks