Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2010, 17:46   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
At the current pace I am expecting a delay of 1-2 months max.

but just wait and watch the Silk Board junction once all of them are completed, you will see mother of all jams there, unless they build an underpass there.
Well I think they should build a Hebbal like design to get rid of Silk Board in 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I know that there are many TBHPians in electronics city alone. Going by my number of spottings surely >50. Can we do something?

If we can do something on this and set a benchmark for others to try, it'll be great.
The number is more than 50 for sure, but I have a better idea -
Because it was published in all major news papers that there will be interceptor/ cameras on the bridge and we got sign boards every 2/3 km for 80 km speed limit, we get to see vehicles arround 80kmph on this road, some are 100+ , so if the print media comes in and publish and request that slow moving vehicles, from Nano to BMWs "who so ever is driving slow, keep the left lane else there will be a fine and cameras are in place to catch you if you don't give ways to faster vehicles" that might work

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 1st February 2010 at 20:47. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 1st February 2010, 18:31   #197
Senior - BHPian

'speed' is not the main issue here but the basic driving discipline.

DRIVE and LET OTHERS DRIVE by

1) Following lane discipline
2) Bikes and other slow moving vehicles strictly on left lane
3) Give proper signal when you change the lane
4) Maintain enough gap between the vehicle in front of you (apply 2 seconds rule here)
5) Do not throw garbages
6) Do not (stop and) attend phone calls (especially bikers)
7) No unnecessary honking
8) No zig-zag driving
9)...??

you can add to the list!!!

Last edited by Latheesh : 1st February 2010 at 18:46.
Old 8th February 2010, 10:12   #198
BHPian

Video from Silk Board to Electronic City

Was taken in HD but, the Movie Maker killed the 16:9 aspect ratio..
Old 8th February 2010, 12:11   #199
BHPian

I heard today that there was an accident on the flyover in the morning...and that its the 3rd one involving cabs...

just wondering if its safe to go thru this flyover especially since even the road below also does'nt take too long these days...
Old 8th February 2010, 12:26   #200
Senior - BHPian

There was one on the inaugural day itself, just hours after the ceremony. A friend in Bomanhalli said he was no more. There was glass all over even on the second when I took the flyover.

Yesterday, being a Sunday, there was massive lineup at signals nearing to Silk board signals. I shudder to think of the queue on week days.

Last edited by prince_pervez : 8th February 2010 at 12:27.
Old 8th February 2010, 12:42   #201
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

using the lower road means you will need to contend with buses, lorries, autorickshaws and motorbikes, not to mention pedestrians too.

once they start charging toll to use the elevated highway you will find the volume of traffic on it will tend to reduce a bit - therefore it may make better sense to use that.

however, there are still likely to be queues and waiting at the toll booths because their entrances are narrow and there are bound to be some holdups on the tollway itself because of the ardent lack of lane discipline that our fellow road users exhibit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babaops View Post
I heard today that there was an accident on the flyover in the morning...and that its the 3rd one involving cabs...

just wondering if its safe to go thru this flyover especially since even the road below also does'nt take too long these days...
Old 8th February 2010, 15:51   #202
BHPian

I agree about the buses and lorries and pedestrians and lights on the lower road, but still with a lot of traffic going from above there should be ample space down, to add to it the roads down are very wide as compared to the flyover.

Also with time, I think the time that we would spend in the que once the toll starts would greatly cover up for the saving that one would get if he goes over the flyover. All in all I think it would be similar condition travelling anyway in terms of the time taken.
Old 9th February 2010, 16:57   #203
Distinguished - BHPian

I received an email forward today with the subject "Think 10 times before taking the Hosur Road Expressway....!!!!!!!" mentioning that someone witnesed this accident where a 2 wheeler rider fell off the bridge and died. Not sure how true is this but below are the pics.

Upon observation you can see that the Indicab has a damaged front as well the Right hand side all the way till the tail lamp section and the background also tells that the car would've jumped off the divider and hit the biker.

Anyone having more information on this can comment on this.
Name:  01.bmp
Views: 7212
Size:  900.1 KB

Name:  02.bmp
Views: 1556
Size:  968.8 KB

Name:  03.bmp
Views: 2353
Size:  852.0 KB

( I just saw the same snaps on "Accidents in India" thread after I posted the response but I think it also made sense to have the snaps in this thread dedicated to the evelated highway)

Last edited by paragsachania : 9th February 2010 at 17:04.
Old 9th February 2010, 17:09   #204
BHPian

As far as my cabbie told me today , someone was driving on the wrong side of the road. From the pics it looks like the cab guy was driving on the wrong side of the road.

Also he confirmed that the bike guy fell down and died.

This is absolute disregard for human life from the cabbie's. Looks like Indians are not ready for such a nice flyover. Everyone wants to be 1ST.
Old 9th February 2010, 17:13   #205
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
'speed' is not the main issue here but the basic driving discipline.

DRIVE and LET OTHERS DRIVE by

1) Following lane discipline
2) Bikes and other slow moving vehicles strictly on left lane
3) Give proper signal when you change the lane
4) Maintain enough gap between the vehicle in front of you (apply 2 seconds rule here)
5) Do not throw garbages
6) Do not (stop and) attend phone calls (especially bikers)
7) No unnecessary honking
8) No zig-zag driving
9)...??

you can add to the list!!!
9) Don't overtake from the left - wait for the vehicle to give way
10) Don't jump signals( not applicable on this stretch of the road but all around bangalore)
Old 9th February 2010, 19:34   #206
BANNED

Bangalore does not deserve the infrastructure and the business it has got due to the IT boom. Its a city where total anarchy prevails.
Old 9th February 2010, 19:35   #207
BHPian

Biker falling to death sounds like typical indian rumor.

I can see that the biker left his helmet on the roof of the car.
Old 9th February 2010, 19:42   #208
Distinguished - BHPian

I used it for the first time this week to drop my wife. Its a life-saver! I was able to do that whole stretch into Ecity Ph 2 in 6 mins. The only problem is (which I encountered) is that , being narrow, a single vehicle breakdown/accident will back up the traffic all the way back - an Indicab had kissed the divider and the traffic had backed up for 200 meters as all vehicles had to bottleneck thru the single available lane.
Old 9th February 2010, 19:51   #209
Senior - BHPian

Well only private cars should be permitted in such flyover when there is alternative. It is better to avoid Bikes and other vehicles. If some one break rule that vehicle and driver should be banned for 30 days from the traffic violation.

It is hightime for some companies around there to build such intelligent systems and test it on trial basis. Very good opportunity!!

Regards,

Ravi.

Edit PS @theMAG within 6 minutes you covered this stretch?? I request better you avoid such data in public forum please I guess it is a TYPO or this statement is mirror how many are mis using such a great flyover!!

Last edited by ravibhat : 9th February 2010 at 19:57.
Old 9th February 2010, 20:00   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
..I was able to do that whole stretch into Ecity Ph 2 in 6 mins....
You went @ ~100 KMPH? Not good, after you saw for yourself how narrow it is built.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks