Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2010, 20:10   #211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
I used it for the first time this week to drop my wife. Its a life-saver! I was able to do that whole stretch into Ecity Ph 2 in 6 mins. The only problem is (which I encountered) is that , being narrow, a single vehicle breakdown/accident will back up the traffic all the way back - an Indicab had kissed the divider and the traffic had backed up for 200 meters as all vehicles had to bottleneck thru the single available lane.
I think you exceeded the speed limit of 80 kmph !

Are you referring to the accident on Monday morning ?

What I heard is that a private indica rear-ended an indicab. The private indica was towed away first, so most of us only saw the indicab stranded on the expressway. I saw skid marks on the expressway behind the indicab. It seems that the indicab had panic braked and the private indica following it could not brake in time. The private indica (being driven by a lady driver) got damaged on the front side.

Regarding the bike accident mentioned above, what was the indicab doing on the wrong side ? If the biker died, the cabbie should be charged for murder (and suicide) !

Rohan

Last edited by rohan_iitr : 9th February 2010 at 20:16.
Old 9th February 2010, 20:12   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
If some one break rule that vehicle and driver should be banned for 30 days from the traffic violation.

In addition, the companies (IT/ITES/...) associated with such cab drivers need to be pulled into the loop and made party to the litigation. This will make the companies seriously consider reigning these indicabs and sumos.

Last edited by sbraj : 9th February 2010 at 20:13.
Old 9th February 2010, 20:13   #213
BHPian

I have mentioned it in my prevoius posts and actually getting tired of ill driving sense of few - they just don't give the right lane; there vehicle categories I saw maintaining this rule are -

Waganor - driven by lady drivers & 50+
Maruti omni vans converted for goods
TATA ACE/Magic converted for goods
Padmini driven by 50+
Some very slow moving Petrol Indicas & innovas with TN registration(private vehicles)

On contrary I saw bikers going on left lane, or atleast give space to right if there is a speeding one.

many of you might have matching list

Last edited by asdon : 9th February 2010 at 20:16.
Old 9th February 2010, 20:56   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
9) Don't overtake from the left - wait for the vehicle to give way
Give way if the vehicle behind honks you to move - something that most of our ego-friendly road users never do. Even if you are driving at 10kph, you ensure you are on the right lane, and not budge even a bit even if an ambulance follows you with all its lights on and the siren blaring. (Forget another driver driving at 15kph 'requesting' you to give way).
Old 9th February 2010, 22:00   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I received an email forward today with the subject "Think 10 times before taking the Hosur Road Expressway....!!!!!!!" mentioning that someone witnesed this accident where a 2 wheeler rider fell off the bridge and died. Not sure how true is this but below are the pics.

Upon observation you can see that the Indicab has a damaged front as well the Right hand side all the way till the tail lamp section and the background also tells that the car would've jumped off the divider and hit the biker.

Anyone having more information on this can comment on this.
Attachment 284753

( I just saw the same snaps on "Accidents in India" thread after I posted the response but I think it also made sense to have the snaps in this thread dedicated to the evelated highway)
According to BTIS website the Indica invovled in the accident has more than 15 traffic violations.

-- Wind
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore Elevated Tollway-indica.jpg  

Old 9th February 2010, 23:27   #216
BHPian

I had posted the pics on another thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-pics-313.html

People have been discussing a witness account which states a SUMO was also involved in the accident, but the major contributor being the INDICAB guy and his midtown madness rush.

Poor soul the biker - RIP.
Old 10th February 2010, 06:04   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
According to BTIS website the Indica invovled in the accident has more than 15 traffic violations.

-- Wind
It is really bad after 15 violations, he just got Rs2100 fine, still at large. End result is such accidents.
If traffic police had data, why didn't they arrested the driver or took the vehicle away. If police can tow vehicle parked in NO PARKING, they should do the same for vehicles involved in more than 3 traffic offense in a raw.
Stop them being on the road, they are worst than terrorists
Old 10th February 2010, 09:36   #218
BHPian

I am just wondering after reading a lot of posts above and a few other forums. why are people bashing only the cabbies, are they the only one at fault. what about the guys who cover the stretch of 9.5 km in 6 min (not wanting to be specific to one person but a general remark) and the like, are they themselves not responsible to add to the situation.

cabbies are just part of a system that has deteriorated to a great extent and they are just at the edge of that system. but this does not give any of us the right to bash them. Especially when we ourselves see and appreciate 1000's of posts on t-bhp forum where people have told epilogues and epilogues of their travel and when they drove at 100 ~120 +, and we have always appreciated them. we even though being in the so called elite strata of the educated society break rules then why talk about cabbies. i'll say its hippocracy.

just ask the man in the mirror to change his way...may be one day the system will improve...

p.s. I am not a cabbie
Old 10th February 2010, 09:44   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajtheindian View Post
It is really bad after 15 violations, he just got Rs2100 fine, still at large. End result is such accidents.
If traffic police had data, why didn't they arrested the driver or took the vehicle away. If police can tow vehicle parked in NO PARKING, they should do the same for vehicles involved in more than 3 traffic offense in a raw.
Stop them being on the road, they are worst than terrorists
but there are fairly simple ways to catch such chaps. I had even written to Mr.Sood with this suggestion. Yellow board vehicles have to pay a quarterly tax - that is one time they can catch them. They also (like the rest of us) have to pay an annual insurance.

All they need to make is a rule asking all of us to produce a no-due certificate from the police to pay the tax and insurance. The no-due certificate could be a simple report that could be printed off the net or taken from a Bangalore One center. In future this could also become a determinant of how much insurance is going to be paid.

Also sad that these IT/ITES/BPO companies seem to have no sense of responsibility towards society. I mean they can build pyramids, etc inside their campuses; can't they ensure that drivers are trained and taught to respect road rules and other drivers' rights? Is it too much to ask? I know I generalise here.

Srivathsa
Old 10th February 2010, 10:57   #220
BHPian

Reading the posts in this thread there is a common sense build up in our minds that IT/ITES/BPO means only 2/3 companies and they are responsible for well being of Bangalore's infrastructure and every thing what is good. Either its the Bus day for BMTC or Elevated Expressway reaction in media, every where these 2/3 companies get highlighted, but every one forgets that there arethe few companies whose Buses are responsible for careless driving on Hosur road, traffic jams and pollution. Why these companies don't take the blame for the bottlenecks their vehicle creates or give their bus drivers a lesson on how to pay respect to fellow drivers on the road? I am not against these companies but the way all bangalore praise these few its really shame.
Old 10th February 2010, 11:16   #221
BHPian

Which company hired this cab? any idea. Fellow TBHP mates can complain to the transport team about the violations and get him barred from IT Companies.
Old 10th February 2010, 11:21   #222
BHPian

Though there is a problem with the cab owner, I agree, but so also is the problem in the way the licenses are issued. Not sure about bangalore but in delhi you can get a license on paying 1000 to 1500 Rs...no hassles...you can go...pay the money...get the temp license...after 1 month go and get the permanent license...no test..no exam...and if people like these come on the roads...what else can be expected...

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Dippy : 10th February 2010 at 13:47. Reason: See the note at the end of your post.
Old 10th February 2010, 11:30   #223
Senior - BHPian

^^ It is not that easy. The cab in most probability is a part of a private transport firm. These firms are mostly contract driven. When contracts are not renewed they come with brawn and political clout.
Yes, there are private cab owners, but , very few as there is too much advantage in a union or a part of an organization.
Old 10th February 2010, 12:39   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thamban View Post
YouTube - Elevated Highway Bangalore_0001.wmv

Was taken in HD but, the Movie Maker killed the 16:9 aspect ratio..
Just happened to watch this video, directed from the "Accidents in India PICS" thread and SHOCKED, to say the least.
This is just a newly 3 lane elevated road, with so many bends and curves not so scientifically designed,with all kind of Morons driving on all lanes, at all their own speeds and the driver of this car is no less rash in driving than any other so called 'cabbie' of Bangalore. Most of the other vehicle drivers might not have driven on a speedway and might cut in front at any point of time. Or worse,there could be a break-down vehicle around the corner.
The way the driver was zigzagging, driving too close to the preceeding vehicle at high speed, tailgating some cars and to top it all boasting '130 kmph' on this perlious road. as if this was a straight stretch of Autobahn.!
Sorry to say this, but, this is not an educated Bhpian way of driving and in my humble opinion, this sets bad precedence and even wrong motivation for other Bhpians to attempt such rash driving on this road.
No matter how many 'rules' we post there, unless we Bhpians set examples, we should not be talking about bad-driving of others.

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 10th February 2010 at 12:41.
Old 10th February 2010, 12:57   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Sorry to say this, but, this is not an educated Bhpian way of driving and in my humble opinion, this sets bad precedence and even wrong motivation for other Bhpians to attempt such rash driving on this road.
No matter how many 'rules' we post there, unless we Bhpians set examples, we should not be talking about bad-driving of others.
Raja - Bang on. The first thing that stuck me while watching the video was thoughts similar to yours, but its a misnomer that Tbhpians are sensitive to legal driving. There is no point isolating individual and talk of attempting rash driving etc. In my opinion its akin to the pot calling the kettle black (am not pointing at you but making a general statement).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks