Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2010, 15:54   #346
Senior - BHPian

There was an accident on the Elevated Expressway today or may be last night.

This morning I saw a toppled Tempo / Force Traveller on the Expressway.

Anybody knows how it happened ?

It is getting scary to drive on the narrow expressway along with these maniac cabbies.

Rohan
Old 12th May 2010, 16:41   #347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post

It is getting scary to drive on the narrow expressway along with these maniac cabbies.

Rohan
I think, two wheelers moving slowly through the middle of the road is more dangerous.
Old 12th May 2010, 16:53   #348
BHPian

Reduced toll :)

One of my colleague has devised way to reduce the burden of toll in the elevated expressway.
Remember the toll is valid for 24 hours for multiple travel, so he comes second day a little early to squeeze 3 travels in one multiple travel toll.
If you do it this way, you can cover from Monday morning to Friday morning in Rs 135/- (45 * 3). Friday evening either take a single ride toll (Rs 30) or take the road below.
This way your monthly expenditure (22 days) could be kept around 600/-, much lesser than the monthly pass.
Old 12th May 2010, 16:59   #349
Senior - BHPian

I would be very interested in seeing the kind of traffic study that was done to arrive at the conclusion that 2 lanes on each side would be sufficient to handle the traffic flow for atleast next ten years.
Old 12th May 2010, 17:14   #350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindamray View Post
One of my colleague has devised way to reduce the burden of toll in the elevated expressway.
Remember the toll is valid for 24 hours for multiple travel, so he comes second day a little early to squeeze 3 travels in one multiple travel toll.
If you do it this way, you can cover from Monday morning to Friday morning in Rs 135/- (45 * 3). Friday evening either take a single ride toll (Rs 30) or take the road below.
This way your monthly expenditure (22 days) could be kept around 600/-, much lesser than the monthly pass.
I was thinking similar way but never tried it, will try it next week.
Old 12th May 2010, 17:23   #351
BHPian

Quote:
My Brother is doing it from the day the toll started
Old 12th May 2010, 17:52   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
You deserve a punishment for not sharing this info to us
Old 12th May 2010, 18:33   #353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
+111.

How can you be so selfish. Right?
Old 13th May 2010, 09:34   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
I have also been following this approach for over a month now. But since I am part of a car pool, our toll expense is shared by 4 colleagues, making it less than Rs 150 per head per month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
How can you be so selfish. Right?
Never bothered to mention it here since I thought that it was obvious.

Many people are using this method nowadays. In fact, this is the reason why people drive leisurely on the Expressway on Monday mornings and these same people drive like maniacs on Tuesday mornings so that they don't exceed the 24 hour time limit.

Rohan
Old 13th May 2010, 10:13   #355
Senior - BHPian

It works out approx 550 a month, not bad. Started using it from yesterday
Old 13th May 2010, 10:22   #356
BHPian

Quote:
I am following the same method for the Attebele Toll from the day 1.
Most of the time they do not scan the bar code in the toll slip. They simply check the slip manually and allow.
So I manage to get benifit of additional 5-10 mins time.
Old 13th May 2010, 12:01   #357
BHPian

I thaught most of us know this secret of using toll road 3 time atleast, one day I had some urgent work in Koramangla and had to go there 4 time since morning, and I used the toll road 8 times up&down combined within 7 hrs, and the toll guy just asked if I have started cab service
Old 13th May 2010, 12:29   #358
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
I thaught most of us know this secret of using toll road 3 time atleast, one day I had some urgent work in Koramangla and had to go there 4 time since morning, and I used the toll road 8 times up&down combined within 7 hrs, and the toll guy just asked if I have started cab service
You should have said 'Yes' in-case they were giving discounts to cabbies
Old 13th May 2010, 12:43   #359
BHPian

I heard that monthly pass for 4-wheelers have anyways been reduced from 900 to 600 is it not?
Old 13th May 2010, 13:12   #360
Senior - BHPian

If we take the elevated expressway paying the Rs.30 toll, do we still need to pay the toll of Rs.20 at the next toll booth leaving bangalore ? (forgot the name)

Most Viewed