Team-BHP - Bangalore Elevated Tollway
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Bangalore Elevated Tollway (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/74007-bangalore-elevated-tollway.html)

Hi guys,
Bangaloreans have another reason to cheer!!!
The much awaited Bangalore Elevated Tollway on NH7 to Electronic City will be inaugurated tomorrow on January 22nd at 1500hrs.

BANGALORE ELEVATED HIGHWAY" is the longest Elevated National Highway in India constructed by Bangalore Elevated Tollway Limited a consortium of Nagarjuna Construction Company with SOMA & MAYTAS.

Mr. Kamal Nath will inaugurate will preside over the ceremony.
Find the invite attached.
So happy motoring bangloreans!!!
Another reason for you guys to drive more!!clap:

Any idea which place this inauguration would be held on the entire stretch?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mail4loys (Post 1693106)
Any idea which place this inauguration would be held on the entire stretch?

In the invitation, the venue is mentioned as
"km 18 of NH7, Electronics city Junction"
So thats the place where the inauguration will take place.

Great news there, should be a blessing to all the people travelling to/from electronic city daily. I remember when I started off work fresh out of college, was 1.5-2 hrs one way journey and used to take the company bus.Fell sick with a very bad back and fever after first 10-15 days of work and was a laughing stock at home :Frustrati.

I think having 2 wheels on an elevated freeway is a very bad idea! Sure the authorities will have tough time convincing the powerful IT lobby to make them understand. But from a safety perspective definitely worth the effort.

Imagine a 2 wheeler driver spilling and falling on to the ground/road below!

The invitation has all the usual suspects cutting across every political party. Hope they don't start to rumble.:D

So, how many lanes does this road have, 2 each way? Are loaded trucks allowed?

It is a 4 lane road. One entry is from the silk board junction. I do not know how many other entries and exits does this highway have. Also, when they start to collect tolls (after 10 days), I guess all the toll entry points will be congested. I wonder how this will be tackled.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 1693157)
The invitation has all the usual suspects cutting across every political party. Hope they don't start to rumble.:D

So, how many lanes does this road have, 2 each way? Are loaded trucks allowed?

It is a 4 lane Elevated expressway. so 2 lane each side.
Heavy commercial vehicles are probably allowed as it is a toll-based project. Toll will probably range from Rs. 10 to Rs. 70 depending upon the vehicle type.

What a terrible waste of time, resources and money building this elevated road (it will definitely not be an expressway).

The only thing that this project worth 800 crores has accomplished is to decrease the commute time to EC from silk board by say 15-20 mins considering the road widening that was done.

There will be a severe bottleneck at silkboard junction when one travels down from EC to silk board and you hit a dead end starting towards BTM layout and madivala. Imagine all the cars and buses reaching this junction in 20 mins flat from EC and getting stuck.

People traveling towards hosur and further will find this useful.

Not sure how many traveling to EC will use it daily considering the toll of Rs.30 or Rs. 900 a month.

Now when you look back, an alternative approach or a different solution could have considered for this problem. Reminds me of building BIAL and not providing a road to reach it :Frustrati

ahhh finally! not sure how much it would help but am optimistic though:)

my exact feeling NFS.

i too agree, its utter waste of money! they spent 800 odd crores for this useless flyover. if they had built flyover to airport it would have been much better and sensible.

For EC, a metro train from BTM / Koramangala with a huge parking lot would have benefitted all. Most of IT crowd stays in this area and a metro train would have definitely benefitted all! All other people who stay in other areas could have parked their car in parking lot or take Volvo till metro and then office in morning. come back and go home in car / Volvo buses!

let me stop dreaming, it will never happen in India!

end of the day its 800 crores spent for some VIP VVIP visitors, foreign delegates and top brasses of IT industry to commute from Silk board till E-CITY.

For common people like us, paying 900 rupee a month is not worth!

Finally some respite for people who want to use the roads below the bridge.
Where there is a toll there is a queue. And a queue on this stretch means we perhaps could have done without the overbridge even. But since it is also to speed up highway traffic towards Hosur, it would be useful for people who want to get out of BLR and fast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFS2024 (Post 1693195)
What a terrible waste of time, resources and money building this elevated road (it will definitely not be an expressway).

The only thing that this project worth 800 crores has accomplished is to decrease the commute time to EC from silk board by say 15-20 mins considering the road widening that was done.

Couldn't agree more, an underpass at the bommanahalli junction would have made a lot more sense (at a fraction of the cost).

The Bommanahalli junction is the only real bottleneck for people travelling between Silk board and EC after the road widening happened. This "expressway" will have a similar bottleneck - the toll gates.

Lets hope the elavated highway serves the purpose; no point in waiting at the toll gates for a longer period of time then there will be no saving of time too.

Also will they allow usage of the Elevated highway when there is a VIP movement to EC? else the puspose of this road for the common man usage is defeated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by recshenoy (Post 1693221)

For EC, a metro train from BTM / Koramangala with a huge parking lot would have benefitted all. Most of IT crowd stays in this area and a metro train would have definitely benefitted all! All other people who stay in other areas could have parked their car in parking lot or take Volvo till metro and then office in morning. come back and go home in car / Volvo buses!

I do remember reading somewhere that this was planned as a future expansion of the Metro. And we all know that in Bangalore if its planned, it wont see the light of day before 2020 or maybe even later!
Agree with the comments here, with the widening of the road below, things have improved a lot. The real trouble starts at the Silk Board Junction. I only wish they would enforce pedestrians to use the sub-ways at Bomanhalli and Singsandara. Would make things a lot smoother