Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Loud / Extra Loud Music.. generally go hand in Hand with Bad Driving
Yes, it hamper driving skills 43 78.18%
No, it does not make an effect 8 14.55%
It hardly matters!!! With or Without doesnot matter. 4 7.27%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2014, 19:31   #76
BHPian

Re: Is the speed of your car directly proportional to tempo of music?

Good thread. I agree to the remarks safety is more important and concentration plays an important part. Music is very distractive and one should exercise restraint and control in listening while driving. Whenever I drive in highways at higher speed, I just ignore music and concentrate on my driving only.
Old 20th December 2014, 19:48   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuatro View Post
But now I realise that it has the charms to pump up my car speed as well!
I completely agree with you on this. Now that I am nearing 40 I normally change to calmer music if I realise that my speed is increasing due to music.

I am a rash driver by nature and have to take a lot of controlling measures to keep my inner self in reigns. Changing music or switching it off completely is one of them.
Old 20th December 2014, 20:41   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
Similarly the slow and smooth songs calm your nervous system which translates to a much softer slower drive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshBabu View Post
Good thread. I agree to the remarks safety is more important and concentration plays an important part. Music is very distractive and one should exercise restraint and control in listening while driving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Changing music or switching it off completely is one of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Nice thread. I have a slightly different take.

The speed of my car is directly proportional to
1) The speed of my thoughts rather than the music when I am in what I call AUTO mode. The music though may influence the pace of thoughts.
2) When driving with concentration the speed is for me directly proportional to the quality and strength of my brakes rather than engine as it is a matter of confidence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karzzexped View Post
Yes it is scientifically proven that listening to music which is fast paced while driving a car or even plugging headphones while riding a bike is dangerous.

Thank you for all your responses above!. It's interesting to know different opinions of the members.

There was a time when I would never start my car before the music on the system. To me it gave a background music for my driving very similar to what music does in the operation theater in a hospital. However, this would sometimes get louder depending on the genre of the music. My choice was Hard / Heavy Rock about 10 years ago, however it changed to more soothing music like Jazz and Classical over the time.
Now I prefer the music to be only at a low decibel level.
Old 30th April 2019, 13:17   #79
Senior - BHPian

Re: Blaring Music + Bad Driving = Does it go hand in hand!!!

Blaring Music + Bad Driving = Does it go hand in hand!!!-teambhp-car.jpeg

So currently have this car parked in my hotel and was happy to see that it possibly belonged to a Team-BHPian as I saw the stickers and the modifications done on it. I saw this car parked when I entered my hotel in the morning.

At around 12.30 pm I was sitting in my office on the first floor and all of a sudden heard some loud blaring music and immediately looked out of my window and saw this car entering the parking lot. The driver seems to be driving with the windows half open; don't know if his AC is not working or was it for everyone to hear his music. But I can't imagine driving my car like that in the current summer heat of Mumbai. I was hoping that the driver would tone down the music, but to my surprise, he opened the door of the car which made the music louder and waited for around 2-3 minutes before before shutting it off. I had a lot of my guests and staff look annoyed with his behaviour. I have told my security to request him to keep the sound low when entering the hotel.

It is good to have a hi-end system in your car if you are a music buff (I am one of them) but I believe the sound should be kept limited to the interiors of the car and not blaring creating an inconvenience to those around you. More over, such drivers having Team-BHP stickers on their cars and behaving in an irresponsible manner tarnishes the name of our community.

P.S. - Don't miss the free flow exhaust on the car possibly creating a lot more noise outside while driving.

Last edited by Epic : 30th April 2019 at 13:18.
Old 30th April 2019, 13:36   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Blaring Music + Bad Driving = Does it go hand in hand!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
[ATTACH=TeamBHP Car.jpeg]The driver seems to be driving with the windows half open; don't know if his AC is not working or was it for everyone to hear his music...but to my surprise, he opened the door of the car which made the music louder and waited for around 2-3 minutes before before shutting it off....Don't miss the free flow exhaust on the car possibly creating a lot more noise outside while driving.
Perhaps it's a matter of corelation this thing about blaring music and bad driving. Now, individual tastes differ and someone might prefer soothing classical and someone else might prefer ear-splitting death metal. No judgments on personal taste here.

Certainly one factor that contributes to good road manners and good driving is consideration for other road users. So where the correlation factor could possibly come into play is that someone who plays his type of music (doesn't matter what sort) loud enough where it intrudes into other's space is unlikely to be a considerate person and hence more likely to be a bad driver. Possible?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks